The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does everyone else feel about the fact Guides of the Lotus now have an "exclusive" armor set?

Eldnacpeek

5 hours ago, (PS4)OppneusKorsuss said:

It's fine, making them even easier to find for new players, and giving a cool little item for helping out.

I honestly don't see why anyone would find this problematic?

Because of entitlement, people now days think they should be able to have whatever someone else does.

Apparently we're doing a full circle to communism.

23 minutes ago, Helch0rn said:

This. 

People who spend their time helping newbies deserve some compensation.

Its not like they are scarification their irl jobs.. calm down:
we all play this game in our free time
we all help our fellow tennos
we all should get shiny things then...

On 8/26/2016 at 2:29 AM, SilvaDreams said:

Now are you going to get pissed because you didn't get those when you didn't go and do the volunteer work?

That's a really bad analogy. Because when you can go volunteer at an event to get a free T-Shirt, or whatever, they take pretty much anyone, but Guides of the Lotus are not open participation. Plus, I see regular people helping more than them most of the time. Personally, I think the armor looks ugly and so I don't care about it, but it doesn't really make sense for the Guides to get special snowflake armor as it just discourages regular players from helping one another.

8 minutes ago, Vyra said:

If you think all players willingly help out other players who don't know as much, then I've got some terrible news for you.

Just now, Heckzu said:

If you think all players willingly help out other players who don't know as much, then I've got some terrible news for you.

I do, everyone on my friend list does... i didn't even meet a single person who was not willing to help oO

Just now, Vyra said:

I do, everyone on my friend list does... i didn't even meet a single person who was not willing to help oO

I guess you're lucky enough to not have witnessed the trolls in region chat, or those guys in trade chat trying to rip people off hard.

14 minutes ago, Vyra said:

well if you want the armor you can apply when applications open again

So someone that helps players gets something to stand out and scream: I help players.

And some selfish people think they are entitled to get those items... cause they are against exclusives...

"without" this exclusive they wont stand out as much, besides the deserve a gimmick/fun/cool thing to show it off.

Some people havent contributed a damn thing to this game besides whining and tears.

3 minutes ago, jmthebigman said:

So someone that helps players gets something to stand out and scream: I help players.

And some selfish people think they are entitled to get those items... cause they are against exclusives...

"without" this exclusive they wont stand out as much, besides the deserve a gimmick/fun/cool thing to show it off.

Some people haven't contributed a damn thing to this game besides whining and tears.

I never really bothered for exclusive cosmetics.

But something started to really annoy me...the not exclusive Syandans just don't look as good as the exclusive ones...

Most purchaseable Syandans are just plain ugly or too simple.

Edited by -Blaze-

3 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

If you consider being an Official-unofficial DE in-game intern/newbie player helper "Elitism" then..I'm afraid I can't help with that, I don't even think Lord Vauban Prime can help with that.

Vyra is one of the local negative Nancy's. I wouldn't bother trying to use logic.

3 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

If you consider being an Official-unofficial DE in-game intern/newbie player helper "Elitism" then..I'm afraid I can't help with that, I don't even think Lord Vauban Prime can help with that.

I help people, but i don't want an extra title or cosmetic if the other people don't get one as well...

it only separates people... instead of uniting them...

20 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Vyra is one of the local negative Nancy's. I wouldn't bother trying to use logic.

1.Nancy is not my Name, stop the insults/name calling.
2.I am not negative, i just think people should be threatened equally.
3.Its Illogical to give people extras who do exactly the same stuff as other people who don't get extras for it!!!

Edited by Vyra

1 minute ago, Corvid said:

Personally, I don't see why anyone has to be threatened. But if that's what floats your boat, then more power to you!

treatened?
let me again use google translate...

this:

treat everyone equally

sorry i mistaken the 2 words meanings

33 minutes ago, Vyra said:

I help people, but i don't want an extra title or cosmetic if the other people don't get one as well...

it only separates people... instead of uniting them...

1.Nancy is not my Name, stop the insults/name calling.
2.I am not negative, i just think people should be threatened equally.
3.Its Illogical to give people extras who do exactly the same stuff as other people who don't get extras for it!!!

1) Well you have posted nothing but rather negative things.

2)I'm not sure why everyone should be threatened equally but okay..

But seriously, everyone is being treated equally, they are essentially working.

They are fully responsible for anything they say and do, not being above reproach

3) Now you have spoke of elitism before, but you are the one acting entitled as if you should have it too because you randomly help players, now if you truly did this then you would have applied to be a guide.

I would have but I work 40+ hours a week  and can't dedicate the time unlike the guides we have now. Will it stop me from helping newbies? Nope because it's merely the right thing to do and I'm not worried or threatened by Officially sponsored guides getting a few visual keys.

Edited by SilvaDreams
Auto correct can be so spastic at times...