Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finally got a bp from Shadow Stalker

DuelMaster53

Question

I was playing seimeni ceres with a squad, when shadow stalker spawned. We killed him(note: even with my 4000 health inaros i could never kill hims solo evern with broken war) so at the end i got the dread bp! i want to know if the dread is a good primary bow, and what the build should be

I´ve gotten Dread more than 70% of the time he´s even dropped anything for me(the rest being Despair, and last week a Broken-War bp.). I wanted Hate for years, and even after giving up it has still not come my way. As for whether Dread is a good bow, heck yeah it is. I don´t really know a lot about builds others use, and can´t remember off the back of my head what I´ve done with it, but it does kill beautifully regardless.

Dread is the best crit bow in the game. You can easily get consistent red crits on it, which means a ton of damage. Some of the other bows in the game are better for a status build, but status effects simply cannot deliver as much damage per shot as a red crit build. 

Check these builds for an idea of how to mod your Dread:

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Dread

Rakta Cernos is good too, it does more base damage than Dread (so you will have more elemental damage when you add it) and you can also mod it for over 100% critical chance (with Critical Delay + Point Strike) to get red crits (although less often than with Dread). Plus Rakta Cernos has a useful syndicate proc. This might, however, become a problem in Spy missions where the proc will alert enemies. 

Dread = Better damage due to Slash procs and constant red crits.

Rakta Cernos = Better DPS due to fast (like very fast) charge speed.

Rakta Cernos loses out on Slash procs which ignore armor and also has less crit chance.

If I were to choose, I would go with Dread.

Edited by DEADSHOT456

3 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Rakta Cernos is good too, it does more base damage than Dread (so you will have more elemental damage when you add it) and you can also mod it for over 100% critical chance (with Critical Delay + Point Strike) to get red crits (although less often than with Dread). Plus Rakta Cernos has a useful syndicate proc. This might, however, become a problem in Spy missions where the proc will alert enemies. 

They don't alert enemies anymore. Recent hotfix changed the AoEs to be silent and non-alerting.

37 minutes ago, DuelMaster53 said:

(note: even with my 4000 health inaros i could never kill hims solo evern with broken war)

Trying to melee Shad Stalk? Bad idea, his War will just destroy you. Once you realize that he has no good ranged attacks he becomes stupidly easy; kite like a man and fill him full of ammo

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Trying to melee Shad Stalk? Bad idea, his War will just destroy you. Once you realize that he has no good ranged attacks he becomes stupidly easy; kite like a man and fill him full of ammo

ahh ok, but the thing is on my first encounter with shad stalker, i got him down to about 25% health with the broken war

3 hours ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Based on your original post it sounds like you've tried to engage Shadow Stalker in melee with Broken-War.

He will kick your &#! if you do that.

Stay at range, kill him from a distance, it's the only way to really fight him.

yeah i guess so but i've got him to about 25% health by doing it that way, but I was almost dead, so i guess i should've used a ranged weapon