Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help me understand why the Prisma Skana works.

Sh0elace.

Question

17 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Steel_Raze said:

I have the Prisma Skana. It works so effectively. The stats say it shouldnt but yet it does. My Nikana Prime works effective and the stats even reflect that. Why does the Prisma Skana work?

Prisma skana works because crimson dervish if you are using it xD, it gives bonus damage.

I don't understand the question. That's the second time today.

On what does the Prisma Skana work? Where is it applied? How is it build?
In wich regard do you compare it to the Nikana Prime? Damage? Blocking?
Supporting Bladestorm? Opening Cans? Stirring the Soup?
Why would you do that with a blade? It's not very effective.

Edited by DNG0

In terms of damage output, the only real difference between the Nikana Prime and Skana Prisma is lower base damage on the Skana.

Let's take a standard crit build - just as an example: Blood Rush, Berserker, Body Count, Organ Shatter, True Steel, two 90% Elementals, Pressure Point.

At a 2.5X Combo Counter:

Organ Shatter gives both 3.8 Crit Damage. True Steel gives both 32% crit. Blood Rush raises that to 144.7% at 2.5 combo.

Nikana Prime has 95 base damage - 209 with Pressure Point. That means 376.2 Elemental. 585.2 total damage times 2.5 combo is 1463. 1463 times 3.8 Crit (100% chance) is 5559.4 damage. 1463 times 6.6 crit damage (44% chance red crit) is 9655.8 damage.

Prisma Skana has 35.1 base damage - 77.2 with Pressure Point. That means 139 Elemental. 216.2 total damage times 2.5 combo is 540.5. 540.5 times 3.8 crit (100% chance) is 2053.9 damage. 540.5 times 6.6 crit (44% chance red crit) is 3567.3 damage.

So the Nikana has 100% chance for 5559.4 and 44% chance for 9655.8

The Skana has a 100% chance for 2053.9 and a 44% chance for 3567.3

The Nikana does more damage per strike. Something to remember however, is that the Nikana's 1.08 attack speed is *not* 1.08 attacks per second. Attack speed refers to how fast a weapon plays the animations for *that weapon class*. This can be clearly seen by comparing the attack speed of the Galatine Prime (1.0) to the attack speed of a dagger, like the Dark Dagger (0.917). The Dark Dagger attacks faster despite its smaller number because daggers have faster animations than heavy blades. The Nikana Prime is part of the Nikana class, which has slower animations than Sword class. And it is this that makes the difference - the Skana provides more attacks per second to make up for the lower damage per attack.

Crimson Dervish gives a large damage bonus (x3 on most attacks if I remember correctly) for a small reduction to attack animation speed.  Coupled with access to a Syndicate mod (Bright Purity I think...) for +100% Base Damage and Purity effects (1000 Corrosive damage in a radius plus a boost to max health and a heal based on percentage of new max health) makes it an effective weapon.  Of the Skana weapons (regular, Prisma, Prime) it also has the best crit stats meaning it can make better use of the Blood Rush/Body Count/Berserker combo.

Why do the stats say it shouldn't? Also, what build are you using? 

I'll try to answer without knowing your answers. For me the Prisma Skana works because it has a syndicate mod that buffs base damage and gives the corrosive proc, not the worst base damage, 20% crit (which makes any melee hold their own since blood rush), a good attack speed and Vengeful Revenant (so much style, although Crimson Dervish is a tad stronger).

Just now, FierceRadiance said:

Could be it works so well because the enemies you're currently fighting are vulnerable to it's particular flavor of damage.  There's horses for courses...

It worked literally everywhere i brought it.

Okay, then that's prolly not the answer (unless you were still fighting the same kinds of enemies.  For example, if you're on a Grineer world, you'll prolly be facing Grineer at most of the Nodes, and Grineer all tend to be vulnerable to the same kind of damage.)

If you're fighting different factions and laying waste to them all, then look to the suggestions already made.

3 hours ago, DNG0 said:

I don't understand the question. That's the second time today.

On what does the Prisma Skana work? Where is it applied? How is it build?
In wich regard do you compare it to the Nikana Prime? Damage? Blocking?
Supporting Bladestorm? Opening Cans? Stirring the Soup?
Why would you do that with a blade? It's not very effective.

cans are opened with a blade though :)

3 hours ago, Drathe said:

In terms of damage output, the only real difference between the Nikana Prime and Skana Prisma is lower base damage on the Skana.

Let's take a standard crit build - just as an example: Blood Rush, Berserker, Body Count, Organ Shatter, True Steel, two 90% Elementals, Pressure Point.

At a 2.5X Combo Counter:

Organ Shatter gives both 3.8 Crit Damage. True Steel gives both 32% crit. Blood Rush raises that to 144.7% at 2.5 combo.

Nikana Prime has 95 base damage - 209 with Pressure Point. That means 376.2 Elemental. 585.2 total damage times 2.5 combo is 1463. 1463 times 3.8 Crit (100% chance) is 5559.4 damage. 1463 times 6.6 crit damage (44% chance red crit) is 9655.8 damage.

Prisma Skana has 35.1 base damage - 77.2 with Pressure Point. That means 139 Elemental. 216.2 total damage times 2.5 combo is 540.5. 540.5 times 3.8 crit (100% chance) is 2053.9 damage. 540.5 times 6.6 crit (44% chance red crit) is 3567.3 damage.

So the Nikana has 100% chance for 5559.4 and 44% chance for 9655.8

The Skana has a 100% chance for 2053.9 and a 44% chance for 3567.3

The Nikana does more damage per strike. Something to remember however, is that the Nikana's 1.08 attack speed is *not* 1.08 attacks per second. Attack speed refers to how fast a weapon plays the animations for *that weapon class*. This can be clearly seen by comparing the attack speed of the Galatine Prime (1.0) to the attack speed of a dagger, like the Dark Dagger (0.917). The Dark Dagger attacks faster despite its smaller number because daggers have faster animations than heavy blades. The Nikana Prime is part of the Nikana class, which has slower animations than Sword class. And it is this that makes the difference - the Skana provides more attacks per second to make up for the lower damage per attack.

I wish the question to which you were answering had this much detail.