Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Have you played Saryn recently?

mrbeefy15

1 hour ago, Richtor2415 said:

As for me, I agree completely with OP. She is fun as crap, and for a debuffer(which we don't have many of), she is REALLY good. That synergy tho.. Bring an Ignis with Saryn to an Excavation and I can go for miles.

27 minutes ago, Ivan_Rid said:

Recently tried running a Sobek with Acid Shells, results are hilarious. Viral cuts enemy hp in half and Acid Shells makes them explode for 45% of their max hp (+450flat corrosive, +radial blast from spore, +gas procs). So if Sobek can actually kill a single tough enemy you get a crazy chain reaction of enemies popping like party baloons.

I just used Ignis and it's pretty fun. I ran Blast and Corrosive though with 85% status. I need to try to get Acid Shells. That sounds like fun.

I main Saryn Prime and I do an acid shell sobek sometimes too, but I recently discovered the fun of running burston Prime with rhe syndicate mod.  Gas proc means more spore damage. Regenerative molt and rage mean you don't need Trinity too. She was my first and most used prime frame. I mean, who doesn't like watching the screan fill with hit counters?

3 hours ago, Dextral said:

Saryn who? 

to be honest she used to be fun but she no longer is ( in my opinion) ... to much micro management in a frame thats super energy hungry makes her so unfun unless you have a ev trin or arcane/restores..

not saying shes not good, but for me her rework killed her i only use her maybe every 100games when im feeling burnt and use the frames i never use

But yeah shes good...

(i responded to your title not your post just realised ops lol)

That's actually what I like about her now.  Everyone's going to have their likes and dislikes though.  My one caveat those is a particular disdain for one and done frames.  Ember is a particularly sore spot for me.  It's the laziest kind of play.  

tbh, she's meh now. 

Before rework, she was too op and she bored me cause all I used her for was draco or clearing exterminates by making all enemies spawn at the end. After rework she was fun for a while, but she's not my kind of frame in any way. She really bores me now unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Phatose said:

Even if you only use Spores, she's still incredibly powerful.  Guaranteed viral procs mean 50% hp reduction on any mob of any level.  That's insane for a skill 1 - and that's before counting how a single spore cast can be kept up indefinitely with judicious popping.

Rakta Cernos Viral Nuke + Sporyn carpet bomb + spore-infected Regenerative Molt = Roflcopter.

Oh Saryn... dont even get me started, she's so effective on everything its amazing; and most people dont even know of the true power she has

I'll even have to slow myself down if I use her, because she will kill everything if you let her

Edited by DeHACKtivate

5 hours ago, mrbeefy15 said:

I just recently played 3 Survival missions on Titan Saturn as Saryn and it was one of the most enjoyable experiences.

I went over 1000 kills each game, around 20 to 30 minutes a game. I have a pretty Jack of all Trades build with Regenerative Molt augment. First, I place down a clone. Second, I put spores on the clone. Third, cast Toxic Lash and switch to melee. Fourth, let the enemy kill the spores and the clone. Fifth, cast Miasma to clean up with damage amp from toxic and viral or melee any targets with spores on them and cast more clones if my health gets too low. Meleeing targets with spores while Toxic Lash is up restores some energy and Regenerative Molt Restores health. If played safely and correctly, you can survive with a lot of energy and health sustain without a support while outputting a crap ton of damage. High risk, high reward, high skill ceiling and you need some luck on your side. Just my kind of frame.

If you're with a really good team of let's say a Frost, Trinity, and Nekros or something, Saryn alone will be able to output damage and the rest of the team will be able to support and sustain you through the longest of endless missions. Pick Saryn up.

I used melee the most but a shotgun, sonicor or something that can deal with nullifiers, and fast melee weapon will carry you and your team through those missions. Cheers.

Edit 1: I'm glad to see you guys enjoying this thread and there are some Saryn mains posting here as well. Hopefully the TOXICITY will be kept to a minimum... or a maximum, depending. :klappa:

+1 for you. Saryn is a blast. Hope you were using your 3rd power for melee. The damage gets to ridiculous levels

After rework I reforma-ed her and then put her away.  Mostly only brings her out when bored with other frames.

Their big aoe just takes too much setup.  In most games, by the time you are done setting up everything around it should already be dead by other players.

Edited by Karamethien

when I was short 3k cryotic for a vauban part recently, I took her and used her spore build on hieracon to farm that last cryotic.

Might take her out for other hieracon runs when I feel the need to go and do hieracon. It was really fun spore'ing up the place and getting most damage/kills every time.

Saryn's my favourite frame to play at the moment, and has been for a while. I run with  Phage (Viral-Radiation-Toxic though I might change it to Viral-Gas) for a primary and let it pop every spore in a room for practically no ammo cost, also great for taking out Ancient Healers that get in the way. Combined with a Corrosive-Fire Mios for melee and the Dual Toxocysts (Blast-Toxic, 100% proc), which also pop spores like nothing else once the headshot bonus is activated, she's easily one of my favourite frames to play for just about any mission.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Nah, not worth using. I don't want to spam 3 or 4 skills to achieve what I could have with one button before. Nova, Frost, and Loki are the only Frames I touch anymore, outside of leveling new frames for MR. 

LOL.
I've been using Saryn from way before her rework, and even with full strenght builds, the old saryn barely touched  high level enemy's HP (even with spores on them). 
If you are playing to feed Miasma outside a meleecentric builds (where that ability truly shines) you are playing her wrong. 
To play with non melee weapons Saryn needs the correct elemental combos and the correct types of weapons to reach her full potential. Which absolutelly destroys the old Saryn with ease in almost every way besides CC (which is ok it has been almost removed based on the amount of damage the new saryn can pull out in capable hands). 
Also a change in your base build would help a lot, because I've been noticing that 90% of the people who don't like warframes changes keep their old build instead of trying a new one that can help the new set.
I don't blame you if you don't like her, but claiming that the old one was more powerful is just wrong. Of course, unless level 120 grineer have been nerfed to the ground compared to the old saryn era, to allow her to kill them way faster than before. Which was extremelly slow for the old saryn, even with a full CP squad.

1 minute ago, (PS4)BrutalReaper32 said:

LOL.
I've been using Saryn from way before her rework, and even with full strenght builds, the old saryn barely touched  high level enemy's HP (even with spores on them). 
If you are playing to feed Miasma outside a meleecentric builds (where that ability truly shines) you are playing her wrong. 
To play with non melee weapons Saryn needs the correct elemental combos and the correct types of weapons to reach her full potential. Which absolutelly destroys the old Saryn with ease in almost every way besides CC (which is ok it has been almost removed based on the amount of damage the new saryn can pull out in capable hands). 
Also a change in your base build would help a lot, because I've been noticing that 90% of the people who don't like warframes changes keep their old build instead of trying a new one that can help the new set.
I don't blame you if you don't like her, but claiming that the old one was more powerful is just wrong. Of course, unless level 120 grineer have been nerfed to the ground compared to the old saryn era, to allow her to kill them way faster than before. Which was extremelly slow for the old saryn, even with a full CP squad.

1. I never used her for high levels. There were always better frames for that. Since they ruined the void, there is very little reason to do high level stuff anyway, and I would rather use a Slova on Hieracon. 
  2.  I hate melee gameplay.
  3. She lacks the stats for being a close range frame.  RM should work the same way as Energy Vamp if they want her to be a close range frame.
  4. I didn't say old Saryn was stronger. I simply implied that old Saryn served a purpose, unlike the new one. 

Just now, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:
  1. I never used her for high levels. There were always better frames for that. Since they ruined the void, there is very little reason to do high level stuff anyway, and I would rather use a Slova on Hieracon. 
  2.  I hate melee gameplay.
  3. She lacks the stats for being a close range frame.  RM should work the same way as Energy Vamp if they want her to be a close range frame.
  4. I didn't say old Saryn was stronger. I simply implied that old Saryn served a purpose, unlike the new one. 

then you don't know what you are talking about. Saryn doesn't need the same stats as excalibur or valkyr to go full melee ;) 
you only need to play smart and use the correct abilities when you need them. That's why Saryn is harder to use than these both I just mentioned.
1.-Saryn is almost at the same level as excalibur to destroy high level enemies. But instead of spamming a single ability, a Saryn player need to use these spores, micromanage toxic lash and his HP, get close to different groups cast miasma to stun them and get some time to perform some combos, spread the spores, position correctly to be able to stop the deadly shots of high level enemies, use the correct elemental combos, use molt to refill her life and create distraction to the hordes, then if you have spreaded both poison and spores across a big number of enemies cast miasma right before the molt "dies". And when you get that done, Miasma deals at least 10 times more damage than 5 stacked old miasma.
2.-that's ok, and a valid point. 
3.-As you can see in my 1st point, the stats aren't necessary as long as you play smart and micromanage well all her abilitiesm, HP and energy. She even can stay ALL the time she wants meleeing level 100 leech and poison eximus grineer units in level 3 sorties with no problem at all. 
4.-The new Saryn has way more purposes that the older one. The older one was a trash mob room nuker. The old one does that and has even other purposes too, which are the next ones: 
-Room debuffer.
-High DPS melee.
-Trash mob nuker.
-Tank (thanks to her regenerative molt) <--- if you were an experienced Saryn player you would understand.

And the best thing is that you can do all that with a single build :D 
In fact Saryn Spores clean rooms at least twice as fast against actual high level enemies than the old miasma spam.

53 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Whatever you say, buddy.

I think you don't trust me lol
but, I'll explain my point. Basically it works like this. Your build should have Rage on it. Then when you cast toxic lash, you have a lot of damage reduction when you block, now, when you block you can still perform most of the combos of a weapon (some of them will require to stop blocking for less than a second). Your Energy can fill up in less than 5 shots from high level units even when you are blocking, these 5 shots won't even take away 70% of your HP if you block correctly. Now, when the situation is too bad, you can cast Miasma, which will stun them for about 2 seconds, enough to cast a molt (with the augment to heal yourself) and continue the cycle. 
So basically that. That's why I said, Saryn can melee toxic and leech eximus as if thei were normal units. Think as the regenerative molt + rage + toxic lash combo as the nerfed Quick Thinking + Rage combo. 
Try it yourself, I won't ask you to trust me. But survive to high level enemies is not that simple without CC lol. Saryn skill ceilling is pretty high right now.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Anything is viable. The question is whether it efficient or generally a good idea. I can run around meleeing as Nova, but that doesn't make it a good idea.

meleeing around with Saryn is actually the best idea based on her kit. Poison damage escales better with base damage. Melee weapons have some of the highest base damage from all weapons, and the base damage escales based on combo counters. Also, as you get 100% poison proc chance per hit + over 100% base poison damage on any melee weapon you carry, the best weapon to maximize the poison stacks that will kill your objective and his allies are melee weapons. So melee combat is the most viable way to play Saryn. 
And I'll tell you right now that survivability with Saryn is pretty high based on that little combo I told you before.So yes, unlike meleeing with Nova, meleeing with Saryn is an extremely good idea :)

Edited by (PS4)BrutalReaper32

2 minutes ago, (PS4)BrutalReaper32 said:

meleeing around with Saryn is actually the best idea based on her kit. Poison damage escales better with base damage. Melee weapons have some of the highest base damage from all weapons, and the base damage escales based on combo counters. Also, as you get 100% poison proc chance per hit + over 100% base poison damage on any melee weapon you carry, the best weapon to maximize the poison stacks that will kill your objective and his allies are melee weapons. So melee combat is the most viable way to play Saryn. 
And I'll tell you right now that survivability with Saryn is pretty high based on that little combo I told you before.So yes, unlike meleeing with Nova, meleeing with Saryn is an extremely good idea :)

I could argue that meleeing with Nova is a good idea too because you can slow everything to a crawl, cover your approach with Anti-Matter Drop sucking up bullets and then pop one enemy causing a chain reaction. 

It would still be a bad idea because neither of them have the stats for it. Just because you CAN pee on an electric fence, doesn't mean that you SHOULD. 

If you have fun with her then I'm glad for you. Knock yourself out, but I still think she is a waste. For me she is a bench warmer. 

Yeah. She's a synergistic, toxic blast.

She has only 7 percent usage, but 3 times the kill assists of my most used 'frames, and twice their number of kills. She's only surpassed in XP by Frost (and not by much).

Spoiler

4f93b1c10fe042eeb59d6bdf6621ea0d.jpeg

Edited by Rhekemi

7 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

I could argue that meleeing with Nova is a good idea too because you can slow everything to a crawl, cover your approach with Anti-Matter Drop sucking up bullets and then pop one enemy causing a chain reaction. 

It would still be a bad idea because neither of them have the stats for it. Just because you CAN pee on an electric fence, doesn't mean that you SHOULD. 

If you have fun with her then I'm glad for you. Knock yourself out, but I still think she is a waste. For me she is a bench warmer. 

But, Saryn has a kit based around close combat, and as I told you Saryn has the potential of excalibur in melee combat. The difference is that Excal Takes single targets faster than Saryn, but Saryn takes down multiple targets faster than excal. 
It is a good idea to play Saryn with melee because:
-Her DPS is one of the biggest in the game if played this way. 
-He has enough sustain to constantly fight enemies over level 120 for long periods of time and save herself from situations that most of warframes wouldn't in melee combat.
-Playing her that way will not only kill rooms of enemy, but also debuff them so allies can also kill them easily. 
-Her stats are good for melee combat. (she is a bit slow though). 

So she is obviously made for melee combat. If you haven't seen Saryn players do well with her doesn't means that she is bad at doing so, her skill ceilling is way higher than 90% of frames (especially if soloing). But, she is actually one of the best melee characters in the game in capable hands.

Saying that Saryn shouldn't be used as a Melee character is like saying that Trinity should be user as a stealth frame instead of a support lol. Her kit was designed for that, and pretty well done if used correctly.

Edited by (PS4)BrutalReaper32