Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endless Mission/Raid reward Suggestion.

TenGaugeBoson

So now that the Relic system is in place there seems to be no reason to do the endless missions This has been touched on a lot.

I have thought about it for 10 minutes and here is my suggestion and what I would like to see.

I would like to see the raid rewards put into the endless mission reward table.Tiered and scaled of coarse

Say after the first rotation an "arcane tier" is put into the reward table. After second rotation a "tier two arcane" is put into the reward table and so on.

This gives us a reason to do endless missions and gives players access to arcane s without having to struggle to get in a raid.

For the raid rewards I would like to see a return of the old Arcane helmets,wraith weapons and old event mods that currently cannot be obtained.

I think this would be a reward system that we all could agree would be a welcome change.

.The question would be how would it effect the economy...That I don't know.

Edited by TenGaugeBoson

I think raid themselves must be reworked before suggesting something related to them/their rewards, to avoid any possible redundancy in the future.

Who knows, maybe we'll getting an actual endless raid someday..

So no, for me at least, it wouldn't work in many ways at.

14 minutes ago, TenGaugeBoson said:

The question would be how would it effect the economy...

It'll effect the economy by a lot. Unless the drop chance for the Arcanes are extremely low.

It might work if they only have a chance to pop up in every C Rotation, and had a drop chance of say, 2-5%? The drop chance could increase by 1-1.5% per every C Rotation.

40 minutes ago, TenGaugeBoson said:

-snip-

For the raid rewards I would like to see a return of the old Arcane helmets,wraith weapons and old event mods that currently cannot be obtained.

-snip-

I'm gonna assume you're just here for the old arcane helmets.

No, those shouldn't come back. It limits the true end game in warframe. It also limits variety. Imagine being forced to wear that HIDEOUS SUBMARINE Loki Helmet all the time, just for efficiency's sake.

Also, it further makes players look for specific loadouts in certain squads (imagine players looking for Arcane Swindle Loki Helmet owners, just for the disarm).

Another thing, drop tables are still diluted, and you want to dilute it some more? You're better off saying remove one of the trash rewards and replace it with a random arcane. Of course, BS RNG would still screw up and put a common, semi-useless arcane most of the time instead of that sweet Arcane Grace.

Edit: Yes I own an Arcane Essence, but I don't use it. Because ugly af.

Edited by p3z1

10 hours ago, p3z1 said:

No, those shouldn't come back. It limits the true end game in warframe. It also limits variety. Imagine being forced to wear that HIDEOUS SUBMARINE Loki Helmet all the time, just for efficiency's sake.

Also, it further makes players look for specific loadouts in certain squads (imagine players looking for Arcane Swindle Loki Helmet owners, just for the disarm).

Another thing, drop tables are still diluted, and you want to dilute it some more? You're better off saying remove one of the trash rewards and replace it with a random arcane. Of course, BS RNG would still screw up and put a common, semi-useless arcane most of the time instead of that sweet Arcane Grace.

Nope not here just for the Arcane helmets. I did highlight them though in the post so ....

I was just here to think of something that would make endless missions a thing again.

Putting the Helmets wraith weapons and unavailable mods in the raid reward table just seeded easy to me.It is something that could be done without a lot of fussing around and coming up with new S#&$.

Nooooope, do not wish to see the return of Arcane helms. The implications for Fashion Frame are too many.  Seriously however, no they were and are a bad idea. 

Having an incentive to do endless missions is fine, I just don't agree with any of your suggestions of such. Nor with unavail mods and weapons.  I'd rather see secondary objectives in a similar vein to Payday 2 of going for that extra safe for more loot but risking facing more elites/risk.

5 minutes ago, CortexKiller said:

Nooooope, do not wish to see the return of Arcane helms. The implications for Fashion Frame are too many.  Seriously however, no they were and are a bad idea. 

Having an incentive to do endless missions is fine, I just don't agree with any of your suggestions of such. Nor with unavail mods and weapons.  I'd rather see secondary objectives in a similar vein to Payday 2 of going for that extra safe for more loot but risking facing more elites/risk.

Something has to go into endless missions...Arcanes are the obvious choice.As it stands today they are over priced and not really fun to obtain.

You can argue that they are the only end game rewards we have...but doing the raid everyday just isn't fun...

We all like a sense of forward progression....If forward progression is placed behind something that is tedious and un fun....well then...back to WoW.

Raid rewards  are tedious...Endless missions are dead...

10 hours ago, p3z1 said:

Holy Crap...you have over 2000 posts in the forums?!

How do you find time to even play the game?....

9 hours ago, TenGaugeBoson said:

Nope not here just for the Arcane helmets. I did highlight them though in the post so ....

I was just here to think of something that would make endless missions a thing again.

Putting the Helmets wraith weapons and unavailable mods in the raid reward table just seeded easy to me.It is something that could be done without a lot of fussing around and coming up with new S#&$.

Yeah, putting event weapon parts seem fine IMO. Arcanes, maybe. Arcane helmets, nope.

And, again, we have to consider if DE is gonna make things harder (like a 0.05% arcane drop).

20 hours ago, TenGaugeBoson said:

Something has to go into endless missions...Arcanes are the obvious choice.As it stands today they are over priced and not really fun to obtain.

You can argue that they are the only end game rewards we have...but doing the raid everyday just isn't fun...

We all like a sense of forward progression....If forward progression is placed behind something that is tedious and un fun....well then...back to WoW.

Raid rewards  are tedious...Endless missions are dead...

You've just flatly ignored the point I'm raising: Arcane Helms were/are poorly executed.  If you replace the reward of what you are talking about but in reference to your OP then all you are doing is reintroducing a broken concept (helms with specific stats forcing you to use such even if the aestethics of such offends you).  Thus NO, old arcane helms are NOT an obvious choice - it would merely return to a poor design choice which has since been abandoned by the Devs themselves.  Find a different reward (old weapons are in Sortie Season reward so pick something else there too). 

Your initial argument for the idea is fine, it is in determining what such reward should be that needs work.  Furthermore - having arcanes too readily available would turn them into mandatory options for builds rather that of a nice possible bonus.  People talk of power creep meta upon new releases/weaps etc - well this would make it worse.

I would love to chase after arcanes, but I hate DE's raids. As much as I'd like to see another way to obtain arcanes, it's clear that DE wants these to be raid rewards. What they need to do is fix the raids, but that's a whole other thread. Arcane helmets just aren't coming back. This leaves you with only Wraith weapons as raid rewards. Do you take them out of Sorties? Would raids have one weapon while sorties had another? Not everyone likes staying in the same mission for a hour and to hold an entire tier of Arcanes for 40+ min/waves would not go over well. I'm not trying to pick your idea apart, I just don't see how this could work.

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517
Changed "Relics" to "Arcanes"

41 minutes ago, CortexKiller said:

You've just flatly ignored the point I'm raising: Arcane Helms were/are poorly executed.  If you replace the reward of what you are talking about but in reference to your OP then all you are doing is reintroducing a broken concept (helms with specific stats forcing you to use such even if the aestethics of such offends you).  Thus NO, old arcane helms are NOT an obvious choice - it would merely return to a poor design choice which has since been abandoned by the Devs themselves.  Find a different reward (old weapons are in Sortie Season reward so pick something else there too). 

Your initial argument for the idea is fine, it is in determining what such reward should be that needs work.  Furthermore - having arcanes too readily available would turn them into mandatory options for builds rather that of a nice possible bonus.  People talk of power creep meta upon new releases/weaps etc - well this would make it worse.

I am ignoring the point you are raising ...because it takes from the point I am trying to make...Arcane helmets.and Wraith weapons being put into the raid reward table was a suggestion to replace the arcane being moved into the endless missions.

The Main thing I was trying to get across is that we need some sort of reward in the endless missions. I am up for anything, cosmetics, boosters, better credits something really ...just anything.

I don't want to get dragged into a conversation about the validity of arcane helmets and their problems. I want to start a thread where people can brainstorm ideas for endless missions.

My suggestion for the arcane helmets is based on the logic that if there is something in the game, that some people have, that is part of the market place, that can be sold for plat,...than there needs to be a way to attain that thing...Or it needs to be removed....Excal Prime is Different. He was a founders gift and meant to be special.

46 minutes ago, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

I would love to chase after arcanes, but I hate DE's raids. As much as I'd like to see another way to obtain arcanes, it's clear that DE wants these to be raid rewards. What they need to do is fix the raids, but that's a whole other thread. Arcane helmets just aren't coming back. This leaves you with only Wraith weapons as raid rewards. Do you take them out of Sorties? Would raids have one weapon while sorties had another? Not everyone likes staying in the same mission for a hour and to hold an entire tier of relics for 40+ min/waves would not go over well. I'm not trying to pick your idea apart, I just don't see how this could work.

I am suggesting that the raids be a place to get things that are in the game ...but currently out of normal reward tables....Like last seasons sortie rewards or old event mods...

I and many many many other people want to have a reason to do endless missions. Putting the raid rewards into the endless missions seemed like a good idea to me. It seemed like a no brainer....I am amazed that the few people that read this thread were against it....odd really....

All I am saying is that the prime part system that was in place before could be put back in place only instead of prime parts there would be arcanes....It would work the same way the old system worked. If the old system worked for as long as it did with as many people playing the game that do...why would this not?

As far as arcane helmets go...The logic is this....If there is something in the game that some people have that they can sell in the market...than there needs to be a way for everyone to attain that thing...Or it needs to be removed completely...IF arcanes were easier to get and more plentiful...then we could be putting them into our fashion helmets ...making the old arcane helmets obsolete enabling them to be deleted from the game.

Why are endless missions not a thing anymore though?
Sure walking away with a few credit bundles and a relic isn't that good, but neither is walking away from a 40 min T3 survival with mostly cores and ocells. Defense and Interception, with the high chances of getting a relic every rotation (sometimes you end up with 1 relic every rotation), shouldn't be looked at imo because they're already rewarding at the moment. Only excavation and survival "need" to be looked at. However, it can be understandable why they're not as rewarding as the other two endless types. Excavation is undeniably the fastest way to roll rotations so making it have the exact drop tables as the others would make the (endless) mission types completely unbalanced, and you'd be much better running excavation than anything else. Survival on the other hand requires minimal effort, and you have no real objective as you can most of the time just survive by camping in a room and killing enemies, as opposed to the other 3 endless missions. So in defense and interception, you get rewarded for your risk and time invested, while in excavation or survival, one of those two factors is taken out.

Now about the suggestion, DE has already stated it, they're not interested in putting arcanes in missions other than raids, and neither should they, because arcanes are what makes raids special. Arcane helmets are even more impossible because they're discontinued and replaced by the arcanes (that's like saying give us void keys along with void relics).

If you make [shiny thing] drop as a reward for the X hours mark with a very low drop chance, instead of making endless runs worth your time, you're just "forced" to play those missions for that long if you want that item, and for most of the runs it doesn't change anything at all because you're not getting it, there will just be the illusion that "endless is better because I may have a slight chance to get [shiny thing]".
For rotation A, they could buff the credit rewards, add some syndicate offerings, generous amounts of the planet's uncommon resource, maybe even traces for the void. While for rotation B they could replace some trash mods by oxium (100-300) and add ducats in Orokin tilesets. And for C they could replace some mods by lenses (it doesn't even make sense how these are non-repeatable with all the items available in the game), and there you go, endless is much more rewarding than before, we don't even need wraith or vandal stuff to drop. Just make decent things drop decently, instead of making some ultra valuable thing drop with a 0.5% drop chance.

Um no. You're basing things too much on your opinion. "raid isn't fun, I won't do it etc...". I find the raids fun (except that boring jv  hacking section) and the fact that they offer some of the best end game rewards makes then meaningful on top of that.

If you don't like raids, but like arcanes, which you clearly do, suck it up and do the raid. You can clear both LoR in 30-40 minutes, or 20 if you're good enough to match the record time. You know how sometimes we spend 10 minutes running an invasion for potatoes, to you it'd be a similar experience.

The void became useless once primed parts were taken out of it and raids will be useless once arcanes are taken out of them. People enjoyed endless void runs because they rewarded players for undertaking a challenge. No one likes voids now because the rewards suck. What I'm trying to say is the same sentiment applies to raids.

On 8/30/2016 at 11:47 PM, LunarEdge7 said:

It'll effect the economy by a lot. Unless the drop chance for the Arcanes are extremely low.

For the sellers, but the buyers rather not waste 450 plat on one Energize. Arcanes are already cheap anyways because of low demand, save a few like Energize and Grace (of which I am now seeing going for 100 each). Sellers could probably make more money on the fact that more people would be interested in buying it. Right now they are banking on whales.

Edited by R34LM

14 minutes ago, R34LM said:

For the sellers, but the buyers rather not waste 450 plat on one Energize. Arcanes are already cheap anyways because of low demand, save a few like Energize and Grace (of which I am now seeing going for 100 each). Sellers could probably make more money on the fact that more people would be interested in buying it. Right now they are banking on whales.

Good point, I suppose. But then people would have way less of a reason to use plats to buy the common ones. Or, it'd be too easy/low price for the rich ones to buy.

26 minutes ago, TenGaugeBoson said:

I am suggesting that the raids be a place to get things that are in the game ...but currently out of normal reward tables....Like last seasons sortie rewards or old event mods...

I and many many many other people want to have a reason to do endless missions. Putting the raid rewards into the endless missions seemed like a good idea to me. It seemed like a no brainer....I am amazed that the few people that read this thread were against it....odd really....

All I am saying is that the prime part system that was in place before could be put back in place only instead of prime parts there would be arcanes....It would work the same way the old system worked. If the old system worked for as long as it did with as many people playing the game that do...why would this not?

As far as arcane helmets go...The logic is this....If there is something in the game that some people have that they can sell in the market...than there needs to be a way for everyone to attain that thing...Or it needs to be removed completely...IF arcanes were easier to get and more plentiful...then we could be putting them into our fashion helmets ...making the old arcane helmets obsolete enabling them to be deleted from the game.

There are technically three raids, I don't know if the Archwing raid has a nightmare version so I'm ignoring that. That means a minimum of 4 wraith weapons being out at the same time. Sorties are having a hard enough keeping their rewards fresh and this would throw 3 separate wrenches into the works and people are already complaining about the Wraith weapons being in the sortie pool anyway (unless you're a trader, getting four parts for a weapon you already have is basically getting no reward). As for your arcane suggestion, I stand by what I said in my previous post, "Not everyone likes staying in the same mission for a hour and to hold an entire tier of relics (I meant Arcanes) for 40+ min/waves would not go over well".

I'd drop the anything you have to say about arcane helmets. DE has stated repeatedly that they are not going to remove them from the game as it would be unfair to players that obtained or bought them. They are not going to budge of that.