Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Newbie here looking for advice!

(PSN)Y34RX3R0

Question

Hey everybody, just wanted to start off by saying I love this game. It's a heck of a lot of fun. Even the PvP is a nice escape from the PvE. With that being said i'll give a run down of my current situation. 

27 Volt
29 Attica (cross bow type deal)
20 MK1-Kuna
28 MK1-BO

This is my first time getting into Warframe, I think I have the basics down as I have been putting mods into my frame/weapons and upgrading as I go, I have a pistol weapon currently forging in the...forge. What I am looking for are tips on anything I may be missing or looking over? I am currently only on the second planet, Venus I believe? and have been clearing out all of the levels I have not done. Is there anything I should be working towards? A new frame? PvP? Just grind on through the new planets?

I just want to make sure I am not missing anything I may have to come back to later. Also what are those flying levels I cannot get into about? I need to forge some kind of wing?

Sorry for the disjointed post, just wanted some expert advice on what I should or should not be doing,

Cheers,
YearZero

23 answers to this question

First things first, always rank something to 30 before selling it away (to save yourself from re-acquiring them to level them later on when you want to progress your mastery rank)

Not much you cant go back to later on though so basically you can enjoy your time and do whatever you wish.

The Archwing missions are locked until you get the quest to get your first archwing (and weapons) from the earth > mars relay

Just ask way if you want more specific answers :p

Edit: If anything though working towards new frames and weapons is always something you can do, warframe has a lot of gear to offer and some are Mr locked so more weapons/frames at rank 30 = higher MR

Edited by Airwolfen

First off, welcome to warframe, this will probably be moved into another section, but lets start with your questions.

There are quite a lot of different warframes, all are different and each planets boss drops one. In addition there are warframes that have to be acquired by doing quests, invasions and from the dojo or your clan.

The clan dojo also has quite a lot of nice stuff, so I would say, found your own clan or look for one (founding a clan is really expensive, resource and time wise)

To be able to play archwing missions, you have to do the quest "The Archwing" which you get by completing the Mars Junction on Earth i believe.

The Boss of Venus drops the warframe Rhino, which is quite nice for beginners in my opinion, as it offers nice defense and also nice offensive capabilities.

You also should get used to a bit of grind, as there is a lot of it in warframe, but first of all, have a lot of fun and do what brings you this fun.

Thanks for the responses guys, that helped a lot actually. I just killed The Jackel on Venus I think, which was the first big boss type I have come across. Sorry for the OT post, it's like 4 am here and didn't really take the time to check where I should be asking these questions. 

As long as what I am doing seems pretty on par for right now that's great. I've been enjoying going in solo and stealthy for the easier missions and then just destroying hordes of bosses on those wave missions that have increased drops. I suppose those defend missions are my best bet for mod drops at this point in the game?

I'll check to see if I did get a Rhino frame, I'd love to create a shotgun type character. 

Again thanks!

A very strong shotgun to have is the Hek but note that you need to be mastery rank 4 in order to use it. (Blueprint is available in the market)

To get rhino you need the blueprints for neuroptics, Chassis and Systems from the jackal and the main blueprint can be bought with credits in the market

And yeah. more mobs = more chances for mods.

if you want a small challenge that might help you with your future warframe experience try to farm each frame from every planet before you unlock the next
please note this is NOT necessary to unlock new planets its just something that can show you a lot of different frames while taking away the struggle which one to get next

for mods id recommend to play endless missions (defense, survival, excavation, interception) but keep in mind that every enemy has its own droptable for mods
so if you always play the same mission you will fight the same opponents and you will always get the same mods so play all different kinds of missions against all factions to get a bigger variety of mods

for weapons you should try out the different types (assault rifle, sniper, bow, shotgun, burst, semi automatic, dagger, sword, staff, ...) this way you will eventually find a category that fits your personal play style and this allows you to make decisions which weapon to get next
there are currently 357 items that can be lvled and i promise there is something for everybody

something that hasn't been mentioned here yet is companions
id recommend to try out your first sentinel
blueprints can be found in the market for credits
very useful especially in the beginning is the carrier but don't get to used to him since he can make you a bit lazy xD

oh and don't worry there is no need to rush anything
take your time to play through warframe and look left and right of your way you might find something
nothing important in warframe runs away except for capture targets :P

Every frame is worth building (and keeping). There are better frames for a certain situation, but there're no bests so no need to follow metas.

Get into a clan if you haven't. Most wf players are really helpful, and clans give you access to some stuff otherwise unobtainable (except if you buy it with plat)

Shotguns are awsome

Well I've been fiending out on this game all night, got the Rhino frame parts now just need to build them, got a few quests and I think one gives me a bat dog looking thing haha. Thanks again! :)

I noticed that PvP doesn't bring over your mods or stats, does everybody get dumbed down to make it fair?

1 hour ago, (PS4)Darth-Escar said:

If you'd like some in-game help, feel free to add me for that. My PSN is, of course, the same as my username here. I'm not the kind of helper to do everything for people. Also, yes. PVP has its own exclusive set of mods. It has balance issues right now though.

Adding now, appreciate it!

I made getting Rhino a priority knowing he was quite easy to get early game/could be used on harder missions. This meant I could get carried through harder void runs without having to be revived every two mins.

Its also fine to work your way through weapons to see what suits you but what I didn't after a couple weeks was decided on a primary I knew was "end game" & inline with my play style & went after it. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Francis_Boudreau said:

I would suggest making your way to Mastering Rank 3 and completing the Natah and Second Dream quests. You will unlock the focus system and get a very good melee weapon.

Lets not go too fast here. Still on venus you know. It'll take a bit before reaching the second dream if not rushing towards it.

2 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Lets not go too fast here. Still on venus you know. It'll take a bit before reaching the second dream if not rushing towards it.

True, but with some help from friend or clanmates, it can be done rather quickly.

BTW: Mastery Rank 2 unlocks trading. If you have friends or clanmates, they will certainly gladly give you essential mods like Serration, Hornet Strike, Pressure Point, etc.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Y34RX3R0 said:

Hey everybody, just wanted to start off by saying I love this game. It's a heck of a lot of fun. Even the PvP is a nice escape from the PvE. With that being said i'll give a run down of my current situation. 

27 Volt
29 Attica (cross bow type deal)
20 MK1-Kuna
28 MK1-BO

This is my first time getting into Warframe, I think I have the basics down as I have been putting mods into my frame/weapons and upgrading as I go, I have a pistol weapon currently forging in the...forge. What I am looking for are tips on anything I may be missing or looking over? I am currently only on the second planet, Venus I believe? and have been clearing out all of the levels I have not done. Is there anything I should be working towards? A new frame? PvP? Just grind on through the new planets?

I just want to make sure I am not missing anything I may have to come back to later. Also what are those flying levels I cannot get into about? I need to forge some kind of wing?

Sorry for the disjointed post, just wanted some expert advice on what I should or should not be doing,

Cheers,
YearZero

Neophytes should work towards Rhino. He is basically the best at clearing the star map, and a good all arounder. He is also great for solo missions when you need to clear a node that doesn't have anyone else playing it. Once you have cleared the star map, you can get rid of him for other frames if you like. 

Also shoot for the carrier sentinel. It is basically the best in the game.

Other than that, just keep trying out new weapons and looking for and leveling up useful mods, since mods are where most of your power comes from. Also don't trash anything before it hits rank 30, as they will give you mastery rank up until that point. 

With the help of you fine Tenno's I have started to craft some gear in forge and have a much better understanding of the game. I'll be honest, it's nice the most user friendly at the start. (Or maybe it's not the user who is that adept at picking things up) but sticking with it and you catch on pretty quickly. My biggest thing now seems to be unlocking the star chart so I can farm components. 

That and I need to find a guild!

Thanks again to everybody who helped a newb out. 

40 minutes ago, (PS4)Y34RX3R0 said:

With the help of you fine Tenno's I have started to craft some gear in forge and have a much better understanding of the game. I'll be honest, it's nice the most user friendly at the start. (Or maybe it's not the user who is that adept at picking things up) but sticking with it and you catch on pretty quickly. My biggest thing now seems to be unlocking the star chart so I can farm components. 

That and I need to find a guild!

Thanks again to everybody who helped a newb out. 

No problem o/

As for clans. You can look on the XB1 & PS4 Recruitment - Clan Recruitment page and see if one suits you. Do need to look out for the platform though.