Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nullifiers for Infested and Grineer

(PSN)Final_Dragon01

At this point It seems logical the other two factions should have nullifiers as well.  It is easy to imagine a nully getting infested.  And the grineer constantly steal/trade with the corpus so it seems logical the grineer would be very interested in tech that can cancel tenno powers in a wide area.

This would also solve several larger game play issues that make the grineer and infested a little to easy to AOE to death.  Nullifiers were the answer to corpus affinity farms so Draco became an issue.  Draco would not have needed to be changed if the grineer also deployed nullifier units.

Warframes in general are too strong with weapons and abilities that one-shot everything in a wide area or completely neuter every enemy on that stage.  It makes the game too easy and not challenging.  We need nullifiers in every faction to keep our powers and OP weapons like the tonkor and simulor in check.

Nullifiers are a good thing because they change the flow of engagement whenever they show up forcing some split-second quick thinking.  I like the way the add variety to the game play.

I imagine the infested nullifier would charge at you which would make it a refreshing change, and a bit easier to melee since corpus nullifiers are usually standoff-ish bubbles in the distance.  Maybe give the grineer one a normal gun and the scorpion hook to pull you into the bubble.  That would keep the infested and grineer versions different enough from the corpus version that it would not feel like you are fighting the same enemy.

I know some don't like nullifiers but we need some way to add challenge to the game before DE has the time to go through and do a massive damage and scaling balance pass.  At that point these units could be scaled back so that they were occasional oddities that added variety to the game since their original purpose of slowing down Warframe Demi-Gods will no longer be needed.

Yeah but factions always need things different from other factions. I mean if we're going to start down this road you suggest we may as well get Corpus and Infested Manics, and bombards, Hyekka Master's in corpus and infested as well because obviously Grineer have them so should everyone else!

On another note, Grineer already have nullifer drones. "Disruptor Drone"

The reason why Corpus got nullies in the first place is cause they are the most squishy of the factions. Before Nullies, they were the go-to farming faction because you can just keep obliterating endless numbers of them. The other factions with their high armor (Grineer) and many buffs and debuffs (Infested) do not need them. Plus, its kind of cool keeping all the factions distinct from each other... Ya know? Don't want to just be fighting reskins with different names.

You've completely missed the point of having separate factions ... variety.

If you want the other factions to have anti-powers capabilities, suggest some new unit designs that can accomplish this. Perhaps take the various nullifier change ideas and apply those to how these new units can affect powers. For example, instead of the nullifier bubble, you have a pulse or a gun with an AOE effect that removes buffs and possibly energy as well. Maybe have a weapon that creates temporary versions of those magnetic bubbles we see in sabotage missions when you put the core into the coolant slot. There are all sorts of alternative designs that could combat powers. Heck, create a unit that causes powers to deal damage to you when you use/channel them. So many options.

Same thing for countering powerful AOE weapons like the tonkor. Sure, we have arctic eximus, but some more variety of troops that can counter that wouldn't hurt either.

15 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

Yeah but factions always need things different from other factions. I mean if we're going to start down this road you suggest we may as well get Corpus and Infested Manics, and bombards, Hyekka Master's in corpus and infested as well because obviously Grineer have them so should everyone else!

On another note, Grineer already have nullifer drones. "Disruptor Drone"

True but that is just in raids.  It should show up in normal missions too.

No. Just...no. Nullies in any form or name are nothing more than a poor, convoluted Band-Aid solution to ability spam.

I say address the real problem: ability spam. I say we reel in nuke / cc abilities with cool downs and at the same time fix the brokeness that is enemy scaling so there's no more reliance on CC ability spam to get the job done.

19 hours ago, (PS4)Final_Dragon01 said:

At this point It seems logical the other two factions should have nullifiers as well.  It is easy to imagine a nully getting infested.  And the grineer constantly steal/trade with the corpus so it seems logical the grineer would be very interested in tech that can cancel tenno powers in a wide area.

This would also solve several larger game play issues that make the grineer and infested a little to easy to AOE to death.  Nullifiers were the answer to corpus affinity farms so Draco became an issue.  Draco would not have needed to be changed if the grineer also deployed nullifier units.

Warframes in general are too strong with weapons and abilities that one-shot everything in a wide area or completely neuter every enemy on that stage.  It makes the game too easy and not challenging.  We need nullifiers in every faction to keep our powers and OP weapons like the tonkor and simulor in check.

Nullifiers are a good thing because they change the flow of engagement whenever they show up forcing some split-second quick thinking.  I like the way the add variety to the game play.

I imagine the infested nullifier would charge at you which would make it a refreshing change, and a bit easier to melee since corpus nullifiers are usually standoff-ish bubbles in the distance.  Maybe give the grineer one a normal gun and the scorpion hook to pull you into the bubble.  That would keep the infested and grineer versions different enough from the corpus version that it would not feel like you are fighting the same enemy.

I know some don't like nullifiers but we need some way to add challenge to the game before DE has the time to go through and do a massive damage and scaling balance pass.  At that point these units could be scaled back so that they were occasional oddities that added variety to the game since their original purpose of slowing down Warframe Demi-Gods will no longer be needed.

This is why I hate the forums.

To me nulls should be removed. They are OP totally with their two-purpose protection field(which can easily protect them from abilities and even from most powerful per shot guns). Worse than null can be only pack of nulls eximuses with TWO globes each.

Even without nulls corpus is the hardest fraction to farm already(they are spawning bursas, sometimes many bursas!).

Infested? yea probably since as the faction's name suggest, it consist of other faction that was infested so in a sense should be one of the infestable enemy for the infested. ( speaking of this, since we have the fissure that turns other faction into corrupted on scene... how about having infested faction do the similar thing as well? think Dead Space =P )

Grineer? no... from lore pov they were technologically inferior, unless they stole the corpus tech.

You can Lore-O-Mance anything you want into existence when you're making it up as you go.

Take it from a 20yr DM.  It's pretty easy.

But that doesn't make it a good idea.

Nullifiers are a bad design and don't do anything to my game play that you claim. They just restrict the choice in weapons I might want to use and create an unfair one-shot scenario above lvl 120. They've done nothing but get my Ignis to 35% used in the past year out of 3 years of game play.