Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Babysitting

(PSN)DesecratedFlame

8 hours ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

nova frame

How is it Nova Shaming when I use Nova myself and constantly call her 1 of the top 3 frames in the game? 

8 minutes ago, Eminem2420 said:

The other 2 players can guard the objective while they pick the guy up. It's not a big deal to temporary split the team.

3 - 2 = 2? 

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

22 hours ago, Blueshade68 said:

I guess I must be crazy because I would have tried to revive him as much as possible and I would stick near him so I could help if needed. I would let him know that he would be better protected by staying near the group but I would help them nonetheless. I just makes me feel good to help out fellow Tenno. 

Sounds to me that if you did this, the objective would be two men down leaving only one man at the objective for pretty much the whole time, in the scenario the OP described.  I would have personally, helped him 1, or 2 times, and told him to get back to the objective. If he continued the trend of getting killed way outside the objective I'd let him die.

16 minutes ago, Andaius said:

Sounds to me that if you did this, the objective would be two men down leaving only one man at the objective for pretty much the whole time, in the scenario the OP described.  I would have personally, helped him 1, or 2 times, and told him to get back to the objective. If he continued the trend of getting killed way outside the objective I'd let him die.

Exactly, and the whole reason we are there would be wasted.  If the extractors keep getting blown away, no cores or relics for anyone. 

6 hours ago, zehne said:

Except by helping out that other person you are @(*()$ the other 2 over by not doing the objective.

Good thing you like 'helping' others though amirite?

Usually when I revive someone they tend to come back to the group. I really can't recall a time where I revived someone and they did not follow. I always do my best to protect the other players in my squad and we always complete the mission. Just letting someone die in missions will only frustrate and lead to them leaving the game or starting toxic posts about screwing over teammates. Seriously, it's a game, played for fun. No need to go from zero to pissed in 60 seconds. 

5 minutes ago, Blueshade68 said:

No need to go from zero to pissed in 60 seconds. 

You are assuming i'm pissed, angry, upset or otherwise.

I was simply telling you that your reasoning was backwards.  Ceasing to contribute to the goal of the mission to revive a teammate who is clearly not contributing isn't helping others, it's helping one player at the cost of not helping two others.

Best case it's helping one player, while making yourself useless in the time spent to traverse half a map and back again.  It's not an argument of 'would you revive a teammate' it's 'would you revive someone who is practically killing themselves on purpose'.

I say no to reviving those who don't help themselves/their teammates.  On Heircon it's simple: they aren't near the extractor, they aren't worth reviving.

When they are really far away? Idunno, you probably made it farther than I would resing them. I'm charitable with reses when people are actually helping at the objective, but if they are off in the boondocks they get only get one, after that if they go down and they are super far away I let em use their own reses. 

I won't let an extractor die to res someone, I'll say that, but I'm usually Frosting it up on extractor missions..

Edited by Gelkor

Personally i would do the same thing 1/3 of those who contributed to this thread said they'd do. If it's bothersome to you, then simply ignore that player and move on. Unless it's a sortie, there's no way that something will be impossible for you to accomplish on your own while ignoring players who aren't contributing in your session. Just ignore, and move on. It happens on all online games, it will continue to do so.

Also, your friendly reminder: Keep it civil, don't name names directly or indirectly, don't attack other people's points of view.

On 9/5/2016 at 11:46 PM, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

It was hieracon.

Doesn't matter which nodes or map type the player is in. The tile's arrangement/placement is the crucial part. Sometimes the rngesus trolling & place one or two long hallway in between the big room or open field & if the person happens to down on the other side after these kind of long hallway that interconnect each other, that guy can rip unless my New Moon is up. As long as the guy downed within range, i will revive whenever i can if i was in my slowva / freeze build frost frame

Edited by ShirakawaNaoya

On 9/3/2016 at 4:42 AM, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

What would you all have done?  How far out of your way will you got to baby sit bad players (not players that are actually trying, but players that run half a map away from the objective spamming melee and keep dying)? 

I think you did the right thing. If a player is clearly under-leveled or under-equipped but is doing their level best to contribute and help the team, I'll do my best to keep them and moving. But if it's clear the player is making the same mistakes and isn't co-operating, contributing or learning, they're not yet cut out for the level of the mission and need practice with simpler stuff.