Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Token System to make it more rewarding

Rioma

I think sorties are a great concept but are implemented kind of poorly. I remember back when they were first announced I was hyped up and was sure I would log in every day to do them. But after about a season and a half of that I definitely felt it wasn't worth it because of the rng rewards. I actually enjoy most of the sortie missions, but whether or not actually doing them is worth it is another question. I've heard the Veteran players (me included) say they're not worth it because they already have the current gun it's featuring and only want say endo, legendary core, maybe 1 type of lens.

So here is my suggestion: You would receive tokens for completing EACH MISSION once a day.

• Completing the first mission will grant you 1 token.
  • Completing the second mission you get 3 tokens.
  • Completing the third mission you get 5 tokens.
  • 10 tokens total per day for doing all 3 missions.

This way lets say a player (Vet or new) can complete a spy sortie on mission 1. They can get a token for it. Even if they can't / don't want to complete the second mission they can still participate in some way for the day. There are days where I see an easy say EXT on mission 1, spy mission 2, and then radiation defense on 3 and I'm like no TY. I can easily do missions 1 and 2 but because mission 3 is tedious i just skip the whole sortie for that day. With what i suggested i could still get some progress towards a reward without having to complete all the mission as a whole. 

The Rewards: The only thing that really rotates out are the Wraith/Vandal weapons each season. Currently they've made it so that there are rewards that can be repeated, and some that can only be rewarded once each season. I've heard the complaints from people who do the sortie everyday of the season and are missing 1 part of a weapon simply because they got like fusion cores 5 days in a row. With this system you can do the sortie everyday choose a reward with your tokens, and even still sell/trade rewards on the market similar to how we do Syndicate items. And if you're the type to just stockpile all your tokens and wait for something new you can do that as well.

My Suggestion:

• Each Lens costs 10 tokens. (anyone else tired of wanting say a naramon lens, getting a uniaru lens, then having to find someone to trade you 1:1)
  • Nezha will cost say maybe 15-20 per piece?
  • The weapons will now be sold as a whole for say 60 tokens? You could even offer all the old weapons that aren't currently in rotation as well. Maybe pieces still so if you only needed one piece from an older sortie you can just get it.
  • Cosmetics -x- tokens to show we are seasoned sortie players. Only obtainable via sorties and can't be sold player to player.
  • Other things as well so maybe the rewards aren't so stale?

-- I don't believe that DE would give us a reliable way of getting Orokin catalyst, reactors, exilus because that is probably a decent way they draw people to buy platinum and draw                     plat out of the economy.

• Upgrade Box 10 tokens: Random roll to get 1 of a catalyst, reactor, legend core, exilus adapter, endo bundle. ( i heard DE likes implementing things into their game from other games. . . this is kinda like the crates you can get in overwatch. )

I put a lot of thought into this post. hopefully it gets more than 5 comments T_T.  Also I played a lot of WoW as a teenager so this idea is similar to how you completed dungeons for tokens, then you went to the gear vendor and bought whatever armor piece you needed.  

22 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

Would be rather awesome, but I feel with the current reward trend.. Everyone would save up for legendary cores or something since the rest is kind of pointless once you already have the parts. Would probably need a larger reward pool to choose from i'd think

One does not simply "save up" for Legendary Cores in OP's proposed system.

I think the tokens should be scaled to the mission you do. Defence, Survival, and Interception should give slightly more tokens than say an Exterminate. Spy missions should give more too, but based on your performance (whether you tripped any alarms or not.) Missions that give more should also scale with the Sortie mission. Say it's the 2nd mission and it's a Defence. You should get maybe around 5 or 6? If it's an assassination then I think you should get 10 straight up for doing it since those can be a real pain sometimes (like Vay Hek with bows only or something wild)

9 minutes ago, xXRiomaXx said:

Cosmetics -x- tokens to show we are seasoned sortie players. Only obtainable via sorties and can't be sold player to player.

Even if they implent token system to sorties, this "cosmetic" thing, is under a big fat "?", they won't sit each season thinking, what type of cosmetic to create for each season. 

I like this idea.  Some rewards such as the Reactor, Catalyst and Legendary Core could remain random rewards from Sortie 3 but the parts and lenses being purchasable for tokens would be nice.

11 minutes ago, xXRiomaXx said:

-- I don't believe that DE would give us a reliable way of getting... exilus

We can already farm blueprints for them from Simaris.

25 minutes ago, xXRiomaXx said:

I think sorties are a great concept but are implemented kind of poorly. I remember back when they were first announced I was hyped up and was sure I would log in every day to do them. But after about a season and a half of that I definitely felt it wasn't worth it because of the rng rewards. I actually enjoy most of the sortie missions, but whether or not actually doing them is worth it is another question. I've heard the Veteran players (me included) say they're not worth it because they already have the current gun it's featuring and only want say endo, legendary core, maybe 1 type of lens.

So here is my suggestion: You would receive tokens for completing EACH MISSION once a day.

• Completing the first mission will grant you 1 token.
  • Completing the second mission you get 3 tokens.
  • Completing the third mission you get 5 tokens.
  • 10 tokens total per day for doing all 3 missions.

This way lets say a player (Vet or new) can complete a spy sortie on mission 1. They can get a token for it. Even if they can't / don't want to complete the second mission they can still participate in some way for the day. There are days where I see an easy say EXT on mission 1, spy mission 2, and then radiation defense on 3 and I'm like no TY. I can easily do missions 1 and 2 but because mission 3 is tedious i just skip the whole sortie for that day. With what i suggested i could still get some progress towards a reward without having to complete all the mission as a whole. 

The Rewards: The only thing that really rotates out are the Wraith/Vandal weapons each season. Currently they've made it so that there are rewards that can be repeated, and some that can only be rewarded once each season. I've heard the complaints from people who do the sortie everyday of the season and are missing 1 part of a weapon simply because they got like fusion cores 5 days in a row. With this system you can do the sortie everyday choose a reward with your tokens, and even still sell/trade rewards on the market similar to how we do Syndicate items. And if you're the type to just stockpile all your tokens and wait for something new you can do that as well.

My Suggestion:

• Each Lens costs 10 tokens. (anyone else tired of wanting say a naramon lens, getting a uniaru lens, then having to find someone to trade you 1:1)
  • Nezha will cost say maybe 15-20 per piece?
  • The weapons will now be sold as a whole for say 60 tokens? You could even offer all the old weapons that aren't currently in rotation as well. Maybe pieces still so if you only needed one piece from an older sortie you can just get it.
  • Cosmetics -x- tokens to show we are seasoned sortie players. Only obtainable via sorties and can't be sold player to player.
  • Other things as well so maybe the rewards aren't so stale?

-- I don't believe that DE would give us a reliable way of getting Orokin catalyst, reactors, exilus because that is probably a decent way they draw people to buy platinum and draw                     plat out of the economy.

• Upgrade Box 10 tokens: Random roll to get 1 of a catalyst, reactor, legend core, exilus adapter, endo bundle. ( i heard DE likes implementing things into their game from other games. . . this is kinda like the crates you can get in overwatch. )

Reveal hidden contents

I put a lot of thought into this post. hopefully it gets more than 5 comments T_T.  Also I played a lot of WoW as a teenager so this idea is similar to how you completed dungeons for tokens, then you went to the gear vendor and bought whatever armor piece you needed.  

Oh yeah the token system. I can't for DE to create that along with reworking Bombards and reworking Nullifiers and Reworking Focus and the infested muggafin in our ships and the perdition that is known as "Trade Chat"- they say they're working on it so surely it'll come soon. They just have more important things to do.

Oh hey- Smeetas got nerfed..

Why do I play this game??