Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Graxx Skin: remove primed shoulders

Artekkor

I absolutely love the new Grineer-inspired Rhino skin from tennogen! However one thing is something that bothers me to no end and almost ruins it: primed shoulders are still there! Why are they still there?! They do not belong to the skin and kinda "ruin" it since hey do not belong there. I was REALLY hoping i would finally get default rhino shoulders back.

Please: remove Rhino Prime Shoulders from any skin but default and immortal, leave tennogen skins alone and original!

Or finally make them optional accessories or something. That would be the best in case someone wants them to be left there.

Edit: also remove primed hips while you're it. Keep the skin clean and original without prime parts interfering with it.

Edited by Artek94
HIPS

Simplest solution: A toggle on/off for Prime segment visibility, like weapon holster visibility. Some skins add much-needed and appreciated patterns to Prime frames, which work in tandem with the Prime embellishments to give you a very unique look (try the Vauban Immortal skin on Vauban Prime, it adds just enough to the base skin while the Prime visuals layer over it in a nice way). I'd hate to see those options disappear completely, while I understand not everyone wants them.

Hopefully if they can work that out, they can also allow you to turn them on and off for Deluxe skins as well as more basic skins (since Deluxe are new models while most skins are textures). I like the Knave skin for Loki, for example, but not as much as I like Loki Prime's large thighs and elbows. I'd be interested in seeing those on the Knave skin to see what it does to the silhouette. Worst case scenario, turn em off if they look ugly.

Same occurs for all primes with tennogen skins.

You can try asking DE for either to just make the tennogen skins function like the deluxe skins and remove all the prime parts on the skin, or have a toggle for the prime parts to appease both parties.

1 hour ago, Hixlysss said:

Being able to toggle prime pieces would be a nice addition, but I'd want the more complex option of them being "Auxiliary" attachments, thus opening up the board for DE to make more 'auxiliary' style pieces for frames.

This carries another issue, though: frames that already have auxiliary options & special seasonal auxiliary items. Some players may want to use Nekros's Binds with the Prime, alongside the Immortal skin and have all of that show up. If you move the Prime bits to that slot exclusively, that's an option that can't be used.

I've also kind of been wanting them to make some other parts of frames into auxiliary options: Trinity's various skirts, Oberon's fauld, etc. Since only two frames have an Auxiliary slot, this could add another level to some frames so you could use, for example, Trinity Strega's skin on Trinity Prime. Or remove Oberon's fauld so he has a much leaner appearance, or place his butterfly faulds on the standard Oberon, etc etc.

A simple yes/no toggle for the Prime accessories is just better overall for options. Fashionframe is the true endgame, and in that regard more options is always better than less options. Let's not even get started about Primes having an extra color channel for just their Prime gold so Immortal skin usage isn't so polarizing with regards to having large, obnoxious patches of your metallic tint.