Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinions on two lex prime builds

Shifty9

Question

Hello fellow warframe community. I have two lex prime builds and I wanted to know which one you guys think is better and for what reasion.

Here are the two builds: 1) http://goo.gl/TKCjXw 2) http://goo.gl/OFwWdI

Elements can be substituted for any combo you want so don't base your answer off of that.

The main differences are; first one has higher crit chance (after headshot) and puncture damage, second one has higher multishot, status chance and elemental damage.

9 answers to this question

Every serious build has to have what is sometimes called "The Holy Trinity" of secondary mods: Hornet Strike, Lethal Torrent, Barrel Diffusion. Never leave out any of these if you're shooting for damage. The only build where I leave out one of these is my Concealed Explosives build on Hikou Prime, which doesn't need Hornet Strike, but that is more of a fun build. I have 3 builds on Lex and the only difference is one mod:

a) Switch out Hydraulic Crosshairs with Lethal Torrent in your 1.

b) Switch out Bore with Primed Heated Charge + a)

c) Switch out Bore with Seeker + a)

1 hour ago, DeltaPhantom said:

My preferred build: http://goo.gl/fKPeZr

Swap dual-stat for pure elemental if you want to trade status for damage.

The status chance on the Lex is misleading due to the slow rate of fire.  Corrosive procs are a lot less useful if you can't stack a ton of them, one at a time from the Lex certainly isn't going to strip much armor.  If you insist on using it to proc status then use either radiation or viral (can't fit both on a crit weapon) since those you only care about proc'ing once.

The choice to use radiation is helped greatly if you have primed heated charge, which is a big jump in damage over a 90% and an insane one over a 60% dual.  Things like bombards and napalms that you want to snipe out of a crowd also tend to be weak to radiation.

52 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

The status chance on the Lex is misleading due to the slow rate of fire.  Corrosive procs are a lot less useful if you can't stack a ton of them, one at a time from the Lex certainly isn't going to strip much armor.  If you insist on using it to proc status then use either radiation or viral (can't fit both on a crit weapon) since those you only care about proc'ing once.

The choice to use radiation is helped greatly if you have primed heated charge, which is a big jump in damage over a 90% and an insane one over a 60% dual.  Things like bombards and napalms that you want to snipe out of a crowd also tend to be weak to radiation.

Rate of Fire is not a "make or break" aspect of corrosive procs. If you aren't going for extreme levels (250+), 2-3 procs will do a lot for any weapon with reasonably high damage.

I use the same type of build on my Varelok. Before the void rework, I'd take it to some long(er) survivals, and I'd regret not bringing Corrosive once the enemies started getting up there in levels.

Edit: As a side note, I do in fact run Viral on the Varelok most of the time. There are specific circumstances where I will swap to Corrosive though. I leave the Lex on Corrosive by default for other reasons.

Edited by DeltaPhantom