Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help me to become a beefier Ice Chroma

SeaUrchins

Question

The previous sortie with Raptor assassination has shown my current ice Chroma setup is not beefy enough to soak all the incoming damage, so I started wondering what am I doing wrong and how can I improve my survivability at any efficiency or whatsoever costs.

The setup I used:

Spoiler

28ko5u8.jpg

How did everything go:

Spoiler

My questions are (and I am well aware I am dumping the DPS potential, this is the path I choose for this particular Chroma):

- was it the right decision to use 3 before 2 or should I use 2 first when I have energy conversion buff on?

- should I consider using energy conversion, how useful can it be on Chroma and if so, what should I take out to put it in?

- is getting a D polarity for the Stand United aura a good idea?

- how well would 2 sets of arcane guardian work on the beefy build and how would they influence armour bonus from 2+3?

- what else would you suggest?

Please experienced Chrona users, advise me :]

13 answers to this question

-Try to fit in Rage,Primed Flow and Quick Thinking (in case you didn't know, yes, Quick thinking is in fact affected by armor, making it incredibly powerful on Chroma).

-To increase practical survivability, consider using Handspring on your Exilus Slot.

-For the shield issue, try using a Raksa Kubrow.It works wonders.Not only does the shield replenishing skill have a super short cooldown, the doge gets just as tanky as your Chroma, thanks to the link mods.

The key to building up extra armor from Vex Armor is taking damage to shields. If enemies chew through your shields fast enough, you won't be building up a lot of Scorn. If you can figure out a way to work Redirection in there, it would help, even if it means dropping some Power Strength.

Also, if you own a Raksa Kubrow, it might be worth bringing. It's not as picky about restoring shields as Sentinels are.

The only change that you coud possibly make to increase your overall ehp would be to replace whatever else gives you the least ehp and replace it with vigor. You get the advantage of enemies having to go through more shields, so you get more armor immediatly. Not sure if any of the mods would actually be worth dropping tho.

Your problem really isn't that you aren't tanky enough however. It would be better for you to focus on regenerating health so you need less restores. The other way would be to change your playstyle and focus on dodging some of the damage. You could bring a trinity with you to heal you back up and give you an extra 75% DR. Or you could grab wukong. You lose the damage buff, but you basically can't die at all.
I also wouldn't want to run with this build, because it is so inefficient.

As Kiruka has said, one problem that arises is that your Scorn is not hitting full potential because you need to lose 400 shields for that. You could exchange Armored Agility for Vigor or use a shield restore. Also you're not really dumping DPS potential, because with the 350 power strength with Energy Conversion on you're buffing your weapon damage by a lot. 

Edited by bluepheonix13

It's also worth pointing out that just because a level 100 boss with quad-damage buff can kill you, doesn't mean your Chroma isn't an uber-tank. If you look in your log you probably got hit with thousands of points of damage. These sorts of fight are very much "invulnerability or gtfo".

I run Arcane Barrier and Grace on my 204% str Ice Chroma and I feel like it's in a good spot. I don't run Vigor either and I find that having Barrier deals with it. Obviously not everyone can afford Arcanes but if you're having trouble with Sortie bosses at 299% str then maybe what you need isn't more str or armor but it's something that can replenish your health/ shields, such as Arcanes. And also like many people have mentioned just cuz you can't soak up a ton of damage doesn't mean you're not beefy, it just means they're doing waaaaay too much damage. It's a sortie boss, the fact that you can take a ton of hits already means you're beefy :)

3 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

is there actually a way to check logs for received damage? Could you elaborate please? I had no idea it could be traced :O

Search through your EE.log for "was killed by". Here's an example:

1701.879 Game [Info]: DecoyAvatar211 was killed by 11 / 78 damage from a level 65 RUNNER using a InfestedRunnerMeleeWeapon

The 11 / 78 means that the decoy took 11 health damage which killed it, while attack itself was rated at 78 damage.