Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: Corpus and Grineer "Prime" Weapons

(PSN)LoisGordils

Hi, guys!

So, I would love it if Corpus and Grineer made their own versions of a Prime weapon. Not with Orokin technology, not Wraith or Vandal either. I would like the model itself to change so that it really feels like an upgrade. For example, the Corpus can have "Prototype" weapons. Opticor Prototype would be the first Opticor created (looks different and has better stats). For the Grineer, we can go with Harkonar weapons. Harkonar Tonkor, for example. Which was made by the Harkonar Grineer nobility.

Another option is that DE can give a model upgrade to  existing/new Vandal and Wraith weapons. Tenno weapons would be excluded to avoid some conflict.

Also, regardless of the option chosen, the method of acquiring these new Vandal/Prototype and Wraith/Harkonar weapons would be different. It would be like Void 1.0. You scout the system in search for the parts. An Opticor Vandal/Prototype part can be found on Neptune, another in Phobos, you get the idea. It'll be like Prime hunting without Primes. It wouldn't kill the lore, since it simply means that the Corpus/Grineer have been upgrading their already existing weaponry to enhance lethality against their enemies. It's just me thinking here... that way people that loved the old endless Void missions can still get that feeling with the new Corpus/Grineer upgraded weapons that you need to farm for.

Slight problem with the idea you've put-forth:

'Prototype' weapons would have worse stats than their later versions, which have been subject to successive iterations of refining and improvement over time.

Literally the only reason that 'prime' weapons/frames/companions are better than their non-prime counterparts, is because the current era of the Tenno is basically "Post-Orokin-Collapse".

A good analogy would be in comparing the modern Tenno era to what befell a large part of Ancient Europe following the collapse of the Roman Empire -- higher learning and advanced knowledge of mechanics and technology were lost. (I don't mean electronic technology; I mean stuff like "how do we make concrete?")

The difference here is that prime weapons aren't 'prototype' forms -- they're 'pinnacle' forms. The knowledge of how to make them without a copy of the actual instructions -- for the specific original parts -- has been lost. As opposed to things like the Bo or Kunai, which are so easily replicated that they can be acquired simply by using credits in the market.

11 minutes ago, Cradicias said:

If it was a prototype, I'd probably go more with same/similar stats, but a unique attribute to them. Like, maybe firing the Opticor Prototype in rapid succession overheats it (decreases fire rate) but supercharges the beam (more damage).

Oh yeah, that sounds cool :3

But the whole point is to make "Prime" versions of weapons crafted by the Corpus and Grineer. For example, Opticor Vandal: "The Corpus took the destructive capabilities of the Opticor to new horizons by amplifying its beam's piercing power."

The Opticor Vandal would have a different look to really make it feel like an upgrade. Bigger gun, energy effects, etc. While being farmable.

Opticor Vandal Blueprint: Neptune Sabotage 

Opticor Vandal Barrel: Venus Defense Rotation C

Opticor Vandal Stock: Pluto Spy

Opticor Vandal Receiver: Phobos Survival 

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

3 minutes ago, cittran said:

'Prototype' weapons would have worse stats than their later versions, which have been subject to successive iterations of refining and improvement over time.

Literally the only reason that 'prime' weapons/frames/companions are better than their non-prime counterparts, is because the current era of the Tenno is basically "Post-Orokin-Collapse".

A good analogy would be in comparing the modern Tenno era to what befell a large part of Ancient Europe following the collapse of the Roman Empire -- higher learning and advanced knowledge of mechanics and technology were lost. (I don't mean electronic technology; I mean stuff like "how do we make concrete?")

The difference here is that prime weapons aren't 'prototype' forms -- they're 'pinnacle' forms. The knowledge of how to make them without a copy of the actual instructions -- for the specific original parts -- has been lost. As opposed to things like the Bo or Kunai, which are so easily replicated that they can be acquired simply by using credits in the market.

I used "Prototype" because I couldn't think of another name. Don't take it literally :3

The lore behind it would be that the Corpus (or Grineer) have begun dedicating research into improving the lethality of their already existing weapons. Leading to more powerful, different looking versions of the weapons. Basically the Tenno equivalent of a Prime minus the whole Orokin era lore. It will basically be a more advanced version of it. Like the Opticor I gave :p

23 hours ago, cittran said:

This is not necessarily the case. Mass-produced weapons (or other manufactured goods) are optimised to be made in bulk, by production line. Parts that fit easily together, mechanisms that don't jam, etc. Design features that were present in the prototype may have been scrapped to optimise production. A real-world example is the AK-47: the most mass-produced gun in the world. Very simple design, few moving parts. A prototype, especially one designed for nobility that was later repurposed for mass market, could very well be an improvement over the final iteration.

43 minutes ago, Takkov said:

Corpus build some of their weapons after prime ones (burston, from burston prime for example), in addition they have the vandal versions.

Grineer have Wraith weapons, the only missing fraction would be the infested

No they are not. We already got the partially taken over Mutlalist Weapons - Mutalist Quanta, Mutalist Cernos, etc. -  and the fully assimilated and converted weapons - Paracyst(Quanta), Torid(Ogris), Lesion(Tipedo), etc. - so they are indeed covered.

I think giving the Grineer and Corpus new "prime categories" is a bit overkill since Wraith and Vandal are already filling the spot nicely. Yes the stats of the current weapons can be lacklustre, and yes them only being obtainable through alerts and Sorties is a bit of a downer, but it kinda makes sense, that they wouldn't want you do be able to get their improved weapons... However maybe DE will add future Wraiths/Vandals to normal Droptables as well, if that idea get's enough positive feedback?