Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have the old void back now please?

_-Malicious-Melodi-_

1 minute ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

if you took the time to read entire post, you may see some actual constructive work. see the rest of my original posting below. i went ahead and quoted it for you so you can rad it with ease

The objective a game developer is not to satisfy the happy people... rather to satisify all people and there are plenty of people who are unhappy.

1 minute ago, Praxxor said:

Twice? With both relics and parts?

Also I farmed the Galatine and the Tigris in around that time.

I mean sure, I might have been a little lucky, but with all the parts? The chances of that are very low since like half of my friends list has a similar story to tell.

Yes, you got lucky... i farmed for 3 hours and didn't get a single new key.

3 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

... 4 people would get you 1 out of 4 possible rewards, meaning running with a team has a higher efficiency... soloing should have the same chance as a full team.

That completely contradicts your first claim that team play and cooperation aren't encouraged. You're starting now to tear down your own argument without help from others.

Just now, PureIcarus said:

If you dont have anything constructive to add... dont comment... I dont need a source to say people dislike the new void because the simple fact of the matter is its true. People hate grind, as you can tell by all the people complaining about Nitain and Oxium... 

We aren't complaining about the grind to obtain Nitain and Oxium, but rather that the resource costs for items requiring these resources are too high. This just gets misdirected against the grind itself when the real problem is the material requirements that are at fault.

And saying that you don't need a source to back up your own claim is exactly why you're in this mess in the first place. As an accuser of sorts, the burden of proof is in fact on you. So yes, you DO need sources to back your claim.

As an aside, you should also follow your own suggestion of refraining to comment unconstructively.

6 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

1) hoard syndicate standing and collectibles before the PA

2) hoard as many traces as your MR permits

3) When day 1, buy as many relic packs as you can

4) PROFIT!

Managed to farm both new guns in ~6h after their release while using this tactic

Edited by Teloch

6 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

Whoopdy freaking do... its all RNG now... you got lucky.

It was always RNG, we've always gotten lucky to get our rewards, now we can hedge our bets so to speak.

This thread isn't going anywhere so I'm requesting a lock.

alright op, we've heard your claim, now how can you support it? without support your claims are just empty words. if you cant give any support for your claims, you might as well not have made the thread

also, your own experiences are not enough, gonna need more than that

Edited by NightBlitz

I'll just go on and just say that you're lying, or you farmed in spots that don't even drop the new keys. I really hope it's the latter.

I mean, sure, there's this astronomically small chance that you could have really found no new keys. but when I was getting 2-3 new relics per each 4-round inteception on Cytherean, with one run when i got only one new relic, I just can't take the idea that I was overly lucky and you were overly unlucky.

Again, there's a chance, but if you took the time to calculate the chances, you'd see for yourself that it's not possible in a real life situation for that time period.

1 minute ago, FLSH_BNG said:

That completely contradicts your first claim that team play and cooperation aren't encouraged. You're starting now to tear down your own argument without help from others.

We aren't complaining about the grind to obtain Nitain and Oxium, but rather that the resource costs for items requiring these resources are too high. This just gets misdirected against the grind itself when the real problem is the material requirements that are at fault.

And saying that you don't need a source to back up your own claim is exactly why you're in this mess in the first place. As an accuser of sorts, the burden of proof is in fact on you. So yes, you DO need sources to back your claim.

As an aside, you should also follow your own suggestion of refraining to comment unconstructively.

My first claim is that the developers changed void in order to encourage team play and cooperation... that comment is in line with that.

1 minute ago, Teloch said:

1) hoard the syndicate standing and collectibles before the PA

2) hoard as much traces as your MR permits

3) When day 1, buy as much relic packs as you can

4) PROFIT!

i WAS hoping syndicate melees would be coming out around when they said they would be.... been saving my syndicate points. and im maxed on traces, from what iv seen, they are useless... i get nothing but the common drop or forma BPs from radiant.

I don't know about you, but I absolutely LOVE the new system. Sure, the relics are a pain to get when new primes come out, but it's by no means difficult.. The RNG is about the same, except now, YOU CAN ACTUALLY IMPROVE YOUR ODDS... A friend of mine had done 20+ T4 Defenses, Rot. C, and still no Vauban Prime parts. Now? Just two Radiant runs..

27 minutes ago, Genoscythe said:

I simply ask myself why they don't give us both. Those who like it go farm void tears and those who prefer he old void can go back there and do those missions for their loot.

Having both would be unbalanced. I'm all for the old Void returning but if one player can farm 10 prime items from one relic and the other player can only farm one (regardless of it being a personal choice or not) it isn't entirely fair, both methods should yield the same rewards.

Each person needs a key to get a reward.... where as it used to be, 1 person could use a key and 4 people got a reward... now it takes 4 keys for 4 people to obtain rewards rather than 1 key for 4 people to get a reward.

or look up pretty much any of the other "im mad cause prime farm changed. change it back" threads and you'll see that they are very much in favor of this new system

I like the new void. I think the new void is a good thing for farming prime parts. It took me about 6-8 hours to get ALL new parts. This is a very fair amount of time for an actual prime package. It was easy to get the keys and most parts I got with 1st or 2nd run.

The only point I miss at the moment is fair endgame challange. Fair means the this is not done with nerfs.

Edited by rapuFFeL

2 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

Each person needs a key to get a reward.... where as it used to be, 1 person could use a key and 4 people got a reward... now it takes 4 keys for 4 people to obtain rewards rather than 1 key for 4 people to get a reward.

you mean where leachers could steal rewards from keyshares? yea lets totaly go back to that

Just now, Praxxor said:

@Purelcarus

Alright, now, take quick a look at this entire comment section, and tell me again that the majority is displeased with the new system.

Fine... i may have been a little over zealous with the majority of dislike... HOWEVER.... if the developer wishes to ignore the people who dislike the new system, then that is the sign of a bad developer. The objective of a game developer is to all people as best as possible, and i personally... as well as many people i have talked to... are very unsatisfied with it.

1 minute ago, PureIcarus said:

No, but they can bring a key that is completely worthless to ANY drops people may need. Especially for the AXI relics.

The trick to that is to just use recruiting chat to find people with the same relics. You can pause and see all their relics before you leave for the mission. Very helpful

Edited by KaizergidorahXi

Fine... i may have been a little over zealous with the majority of dislike... HOWEVER.... if the developer wishes to ignore the people who dislike the new system, then that is the sign of a bad developer. The objective of a game developer is to all people as best as possible, and i personally... as well as many people i have talked to... are very unsatisfied with it.

Now, that's much better.

Alright, I suggest you go and take a look at the devs twitters, and their posts here, there are a few evidences that they are looking for new ways of relic/prime farming, they aren't ignoring you, but returning the old void would mean that the rest of the community would be actually disappointed.

One of those ways is an idea of making Eximus units drop Relics. I think that they'll wrap up TWW update first and then return to polishing the relic system.