Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr vs nullifiers, undocumented change.

Rhaenxys

Didnt see this change on the patch notes but now Valkyr dont take damage from hysteria`s self damage mechanic when entering a nullifier bubble.

I suppose it will be the same against scrambus and similar units, is a great change because in some situations the player has no option to avoid these type of units, making Valkyr the only frame who can get one shotted when an enemy dispells one of her abilities, she is now on par with wukong`s defy in terms of dealing with nullifiers.

Thanks DE for the change, ripline and paralysis are still a bit subpar but i greatly enjoy this change.

Edited by Rhaenxys

1 hour ago, DiosGX said:

So the argument about needing certain weapons is-- null and void

Zing.

51 minutes ago, GreyEnneract said:

Yeah now you just need specific frames instead :^)

How does more frames being made acceptable lead to an argument of exclusivity? o.O

So the accumulated damage from enemies within the range of the "aura" does not apply if Hysteria is nullified? Wow, DE actually can make logical decisions... mind blown. I mean it's a good thing I guess, so... yay.

2 hours ago, DiosGX said:

That on the the other hand, is completely nonsensical. Just because nullifier bubbles won't present the risk of insta-killing Valkyr anymore doesn't change anything about weapons and said bubbles. Your argument is the thing that is null and void mate, sorry.

1 hour ago, VKhaun said:

Zing.

How does more frames being made acceptable lead to an argument of exclusivity? o.O

So let me resume your train of thought here... You say "zing" when someone states that an ability having one of its mechanics changed to be less punishing when nullifying enemies show up has positive effects on ranged weapons, which is completely false and nonsensical, since said weapons are in no way affected by this change, but that making nullifying enemies less punishing for one frame using one ability is, on the other hand, making lots of progress towards all frames being "made acceptable", when it only really means that this one specific frame, in the specific scenario where it takes fatal damage from any source while in Hysteria, won't instantly go down when nullified by a bubble anymore.

Seems legit.

Edited by Marthrym

6 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Barely any popularity to this thread, since this provides a counter argument.

The counterargument is a tangent, unrelated to the thread/title. But, just for you:

7 hours ago, Rhaenxys said:

Didnt see this change on the patch notes but now Valkyr dont take damage from hysteria`s self damage mechanic when entering a nullifier bubble.

Thanks, didn't know this.

7 hours ago, DiosGX said:

'Bring Weapon X Y Z with any frame, or Frame A B with any weapon' is still restrictive, just slightly less so (if you have and care to use said frames).

In what world is 'slightly less restrictive' the same as 'completely invalidated'? (Edit: Unless you said that just for the play on words rather than as an actual statement of opinion, in which case: Hehe. Only took it 4 hours to register >_>' )

Edited by Chroia
What can I say? I'm not always the fastest knife in the shed.

35 minutes ago, VKhaun said:

So you put words in my mouth and post assumptions for me to talk my way out of, but don't answer the question? Seems legit.

I'm just interpreting what I read, which is indeed making an assumption. We all make assumptions all the time here mate, I'm not in your noggin you know? Don't hesitate to explain what you mean If I misunderstood.

Also, what question are you talking about? The "exclusivity" one? How would that need any answer, it's not even a valid question in the first place! The person you quote to ask this "question" themselves quoted another person making the completely nonsensical argument that Hysteria's change allows more weapons to be effective against bubbles. Which is obviously completely false. You yourself started your post by quoting that very same person! *facepalm*

6 minutes ago, Chroia said:

In what world is 'slightly less restrictive' the same as 'completely invalidated'?

^This. So much this.

8 hours ago, Chroia said:

In what world is 'slightly less restrictive' the same as 'completely invalidated'? (Edit: Unless you said that just for the play on words rather than as an actual statement of opinion, in which case: Hehe. Only took it 4 hours to register >_>' )

The one where humor and jest exist. Visit sometime.