Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simulor Nerf/ Buffs for under used weapons. Pls DE

Kepsiis

how to fix weapon scaling. Remove Dmg mods and have weapon dmg scale to level. So a level 30 weapon should be able to contend with level 60 on equal terms, with anything above that slowly get harder "late game content." Would not even be that complicated to choose. Make level ranges and test it out on the appropriate level of enemy, if its op, pull its stats down, if is underpowered pull its stats up. example would be: you got your weapon to rank5 so its now good against 10-15 level enemies without mods, The level 10-15 with a rank 5 weapon should be just as easy as using the same weapon with a rank1-4 on level 5-10 enemies.

1 minute ago, Kepsiis said:

Oh yeah I have 3 forma on my ignis. Its great as a status. And is actually viable. And I said somewhat end game viable. I didn't say lets make everything op to one shot level 60s+. 

I feel like you're getting really passive aggressive against me. All I wanted and what this thread was about was to make other weapons actually usable and wanted everybody's thoughts on that.

All weapons are usable, just not on the same level. There's a reason why MR tiering should've existed long ago in a proper manner. If that happened, half of this argument wouldn't exist in the first place.

If you mean other weapons (say 30-60% of the weapons base), then they ARE usable. They just need some TLC/Forma and a good setup (Saryn + Ignis, Volt + Lacera), although some weapons are already good on their own, if you ask me.

And you said Ignis may be end-game viable. It is because you have a good setup (an ember maybe?)

22 minutes ago, secret9005 said:

Simulor has low rate of fire without Fire Rate mods. Even with them on, the stacking is inconsistent.

Only if you don't use Mirage. Mirage = 3x the firerate. With every other frame simulor is bearable.

Mirage has obscene synergy with Synoid simulor: bonus AoE damage, much faster merging, procs multi-stacking, constant recharge for her QT. Mirage is not squishy actually, she only dies with an enemy "lucky guess" or occasional AoE, which is negated by QT, which is only limited by energy capacity, which is constantly refilled by Syndicate proc.

Nerfing Simulor fire rate will only make it useless for other frames, but not for Mirage. The only way to fix this "eye-bleed all over the map" without totally ruining the weapon is to remove the synergy one way or another.

3 minutes ago, secret9005 said:

They are actually useable though. But there's just so much of them, and we have limited slots.

The slots thing isn't a problem. Thats like saying I want all the warframes but only have 2 slots. You're eventually gonna get more.

And useable but to what degree?

I feel like Hieracon is a good example of the kinda of damage they should be in their prime. Obviously a Level 35+ Grineer would be harder for the weapons because of armor.

1 minute ago, tutzdes said:

Only if you don't use Mirage. Mirage = 3x the firerate. With every other frame simulor is bearable.

Mirage has obscene synergy with Synoid simulor: bonus AoE damage, much faster merging, procs multi-stacking, constant recharge for her QT. Mirage is not squishy actually, she only dies with an enemy "lucky guess" or occasional AoE, which is negated by QT, which is only limited by energy capacity, which is constantly refilled by Syndicate proc.

Nerfing Simulor fire rate will only make it useless for other frames, but not for Mirage. The only way to fix this "eye-bleed all over the map" without totally ruining the weapon is to remove the synergy one way or another.

Making them individual orbs will fix this. And also buff it, but the buff only happens if using STR mods and the Augment. This would ruin people's build on Mirage though. They have to sacrifice EFF/DUR for damage.

4 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

All weapons are usable, just not on the same level. There's a reason why MR tiering should've existed long ago in a proper manner. If that happened, half of this argument wouldn't exist in the first place.

If you mean other weapons (say 30-60% of the weapons base), then they ARE usable. They just need some TLC/Forma and a good setup (Saryn + Ignis, Volt + Lacera), although some weapons are already good on their own, if you ask me.

And you said Ignis may be end-game viable. It is because you have a good setup (an ember maybe?)

Eh, Embers kinda meh with the ignis. Its better to mod a weapon with a solid base damage. Ignis is godtier with Saryn for spores (YAY NUMBERS) Or Vauban, ccs them and puts a status on them. 

Just now, Kepsiis said:

Eh, Embers kinda meh with the ignis. Its better to mod a weapon with a solid base damage. Ignis is godtier with Saryn for spores (YAY NUMBERS) Or Vauban, ccs them and puts a status on them. 

Each to their own

2 minutes ago, Kepsiis said:

The slots thing isn't a problem. Thats like saying I want all the warframes but only have 2 slots. You're eventually gonna get more.

And useable but to what degree?

I feel like Hieracon is a good example of the kinda of damage they should be in their prime. Obviously a Level 35+ Grineer would be harder for the weapons because of armor.

There's hundreds of weapons to choose from. ALL OF THEM ARE USEABLE, and around 40-60s fully forma'd. MK1-Braton can kill enemies that high fully forma'd and modded.

1 minute ago, secret9005 said:

Making them individual orbs will fix this. And also buff it, but the buff only happens if using STR mods and the Augment. This would ruin people's build on Mirage though. They have to sacrifice EFF/DUR for damage.

5 minutes ago, tutzdes said:

Unless they capped the rate at what the orbs could be stacked. So a mirage wouldn't stack them any faster than a rhino with a simulor and vile acel and speed trigger?

7 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

Each to their own

Indeed but what about all of the other weapons? Take for example the Corpus lab. You have the Opticor (Which needs 5 forma) and convectrix? Maybe with 5- forma?

Edited by Kepsiis
grammar

Just now, secret9005 said:

Even with it having a bigger damage it could be ok. The problem is not the damage. Mirage can just dish out it on the run without any setup. If people would need to stand for several seconds while shooting at the same point to deal that damage, this could fix the issue.

Unless they capped the rate at what the orbs could be stacked. So a mirage wouldn't stack them any faster than a rhino with a simulor and vile acel and speed trigger?

This can kinda work.

Just now, Kepsiis said:

Indeed but what about all of the other weapons? Take for example the Corpus lab. You have the Opticore (Which needs 5 forma) and convectrix? Maybe with 5- forma?

But with 5 forma, the opticor is a beast of a weapon.

The convectrix feels like a sub-par version of the Phage, but can hold its own against 30-40. It's also theoretically more versatile.

4 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

But with 5 forma, the opticor is a beast of a weapon.

The convectrix feels like a sub-par version of the Phage, but can hold its own against 30-40. It's also theoretically more versatile.

I personally love the Phage, its so cool and it can be used late game because its a status machine. And hell yeah the opticor is a beast. This is kinda what I mean if they could make the weapons like this. Phage and opticor and great up to 30-40 past that they need forma. Badly. Most weapons in the dojo. Go up to 20ish. Then need forma.

Like say, the Dera Vandal. Or the Glaxion. 2 Really cool weapons but, viability :/

Edited by Kepsiis
asdfawefasf

Just now, Kepsiis said:

I personally love the Phage, its so cool and it can be used late game because its a status machine. And hell yeah the opticor is a beast. This is kinda what I mean if they could make the weapons like this. Phage and opticor and great up to 30-40 past that they need forma. Badly. Most weapons in the dojo. Go up to 20ish. Then need forma.

Lacera. With weeping wounds + body count. On a saryn. Controls the crowd well. Doesn't need a forma.

Sure, we need more of this, after they fix the numbers on enemies and weapons.

Feedback threads are all well and good, but please... put a bit more thought into it.  You put the devs in an odd position when you make "nerf this weapon!!#" type threads.  You've put an ungodly amount of time and effort into the game, and somehow come across as shocked that you're strong.   Synoid Simulor (because base simulor is pretty weak) has a MR gate, the largest faction gate they can put, and is still slow damage unless its combined with frame abilities.  Does a weapon like deserve to be just mr fodder?  

If you were interested in balance you'd be asking for nerfs to heavy calibur (and many other corrupted mods with easily ignored down sides).  Perhaps a change in how forma works.

If you were interested in variety, you'd just banshee/nova/any frame with a damage steroid and use any weapon you feel like.

Be honest with yourself, if nothing else.  You don't like other people using the weapon, so you want it changed.  Maybe to troll the forums.  Maybe to make lower MR players feel worse about their progression.  I'm not sure.  Is it the strongest AE weapon? No.  Is it the strongest weapon+frame combo.  Not even close.  Does it affect pvp balance? LOL...  Do you have the the resources and game knowledge to come up with a frame+mod combo that lets you use those "weak" weapons you listed one shot sortie/raid content?  Yes.  So why the complaining?

Honestly curious why you and other year+ vets feel that you should have control over another player's loadout? 

2 minutes ago, Arithin said:

Feedback threads are all well and good, but please... put a bit more thought into it.  You put the devs in an odd position when you make "nerf this weapon!!#" type threads.  You've put an ungodly amount of time and effort into the game, and somehow come across as shocked that you're strong.   Synoid Simulor (because base simulor is pretty weak) has a MR gate, the largest faction gate they can put, and is still slow damage unless its combined with frame abilities.  Does a weapon like deserve to be just mr fodder?  

If you were interested in balance you'd be asking for nerfs to heavy calibur (and many other corrupted mods with easily ignored down sides).  Perhaps a change in how forma works.

If you were interested in variety, you'd just banshee/nova/any frame with a damage steroid and use any weapon you feel like.

Be honest with yourself, if nothing else.  You don't like other people using the weapon, so you want it changed.  Maybe to troll the forums.  Maybe to make lower MR players feel worse about their progression.  I'm not sure.  Is it the strongest AE weapon? No.  Is it the strongest weapon+frame combo.  Not even close.  Does it affect pvp balance? LOL...  Do you have the the resources and game knowledge to come up with a frame+mod combo that lets you use those "weak" weapons you listed one shot sortie/raid content?  Yes.  So why the complaining?

Honestly curious why you and other year+ vets feel that you should have control over another player's loadout? 

Read the first line of the post. 

I said Nerf/rework somewhat. I never asked for it to be nerfed into oblivion, which everybody here seems to think. I have the Synoid Simulor. I have Mirage. I can run round and one shot everything too if I want. I was giving my feedback on the weapon and on how it makes some other people feel bored in game and how watching someone run around with a oneshot aoe. Banshee and other frames Etc is completely different.

This is about weapons. And if you would read all the comments rather than having a go at me you'd understand what this is about.

Read the first line of the post. 

I said Nerf/rework somewhat. I never asked for it to be nerfed into oblivion, which everybody here seems to think. I have the Synoid Simulor. I have Mirage. I can run round and one shot everything too if I want. I was giving my feedback on the weapon and on how it makes some other people feel bored in game and how watching someone run around with a oneshot aoe. Banshee and other frames Etc is completely different.

This is about weapons. And if you would read all the comments rather than having a go at me you'd understand what this is about.

Thing is, most people complain about the weapon because it ruins their gameplay.

Easily avoided by going Friends Only, Solo, going with Clan/Alliance mates or Recruiting. It's not OP because it doesn't kill higher level enemies as good as other weapons out there. It's only good for rushing through lower-mid content.

They complain because they can't find an enemy to kill. But say, the goal was Exterminate. Shouldn't you feel better that you completed the mission faster thanks to the person who brought the combo? Wasn't the point to exterminate the enemies, not to get the most kills? If you don't like a frame/combo, but you run through it in PUBLIC, then leave the mission. It's your fault for running PUBLIC.

5 minutes ago, secret9005 said:

Thing is, most people complain about the weapon because it ruins their gameplay.

Easily avoided by going Friends Only, Solo, going with Clan/Alliance mates or Recruiting. It's not OP because it doesn't kill higher level enemies as good as other weapons out there. It's only good for rushing through lower-mid content.

They complain because they can't find an enemy to kill. But say, the goal was Exterminate. Shouldn't you feel better that you completed the mission faster thanks to the person who brought the combo? Wasn't the point to exterminate the enemies, not to get the most kills? If you don't like a frame/combo, but you run through it in PUBLIC, then leave the mission. It's your fault for running PUBLIC.

What if you want to play with other players and just play as a team working through the missions? Why should a player be forced to sit back and feel useless?