Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What loadout is best for solo hieracon?

DementedParadox

Question

I'm looking for a good loud out/build exclusively for solo hieracon speed runs. What frame/1st/2nd/melee/companion would you suggest? I'm thinking prime/sancti tigris for my primary, and mag prime for my frame, just cause of the convenience of already having her and knowing how to use her, but what would you suggest? Since I'm planing on doing speed runs, survivability only has to last me anywhere from 2 extractors to possibly a full rotation but that's it.

20 answers to this question

My build for Solo Hieracon

- Frost (Arcane Squall Helm)

Focus - Zenurik

Aura mod - Energy Siphon/Corrosive Projection

Exilus mod - Rush

1) Primed Flow

2) Quick Thinking

3) Chilling Globe

4) Overextended

5) Stretch

6) Fleeting Expertise

7) Primed Continuity

8) Constitution

Primary is Synoid Simulor.

Secondary is Sonicor.

Melee doesn't really matter to be honest.

Companion is Carrier Prime with C.C sweeper build.

IIRC, I can easily solo until 2000 cryotic with this build.

Edited by NativeKiller

If you're just speed running, you have a lot of options open to you.

Frost works well because Snow Globe will keep you and the extractor safe from ranged attacks from Ancients and Carriers, and you have Avalanche or Ice Wave Impedance to keep enemies off of you.

I've been having a lot of success with Nekros using Shadows of the Dead to keep aggro away from the extractor.

Nova works for obvious reasons.

AoE weapons work best simply to take care of groups of enemies all at once. The Tonkor, Synoid Simulor, Ignis, Atomos, Sonicor, and Staticor all work well. If you're only staying for 2-6 extractors, damage output isn't really an issue. Alternatively, you can use an automatic weapon with punch-through.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

Saryn (Prime) built for spores (and Regen Molt), Gas Ignis, CE Hikou Prime would work pretty well for your speed runs. even longer if you chose to go with a group. I've done a 2400+ run with my Saryn Prime in a group.

I'll show my ignorance and ask what does CE stand for? I thought maybe crit something but I've never seen CE before.

I usually bring vauban along with and AoE weapon like Amprex or Tonkor.

Do NOT underestimate the attack potential of infested ospreys even at the start. If there's more than one, they can take down an excavator in 5-6 seconds at level 30ish. So CC is the way to go if you mean to do only solo runs.

59 minutes ago, IamRageypoo said:

Why would u want to solo it anyways? 

You don't have to bother to find a party. You don't have to bother to wait for your party to load. You don't have to bother to wait for your party to reach extraction. You don't have to bother to argue with your party on how long to stay if you're only intending to stay for 2 extractors for maximum Endo efficiency. You don't have to bother with host migrations if the host disconnects. You don't have to bother with host-client lag. You don't have to bother with people whining that your Synoid Simulor is ruining all of their fun. You don't have to bother with other people's Synoid Simulors sucking up power cores and preventing you from picking them up because the people using them don't manually detonate their vortexes.

2 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

Also, some people are worse than useless

i can attest to this. it's one thing to at least be trying in my book. you go down, ok i'll try and get you, whatever. however, if you are an AFKer, i will do everything in my power to get the rest of the group to help me troll you. was in a PUG group and we spawned in the tile that has the cliff on one side, building in the center and the 3 extracor point around it (hope my description is good enough haha) and the chroma we had was AFK. told the Loki in the group to ST the guy down so we could waste his revives. good times haha