Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Oni helmet. 2017-02-10 Feedback on Tintareas please :)

arch111

On 2017-1-27 at 6:23 PM, HitsuSan said:

I can give you some professional tips maybe? ^^

I don't want this to look like a give up kind of things but you know, sometimes if you can't make a design work pushing through it's not the best solution. I often leave something behind and go explore some other ideas first so i can come back to it with a fresh mind and perspective, sometimes while working on something else you can come up with the perfect solution to a problem you had before. It's one of those things you'll learn with experience as a concept artist where you have to come up with ideas really fast and you can't afford to spend so much time on a thing that you're not sure it it will ever work in the end.

I hope you'll eventually come up with a good idea for the oni mask though :) 

Thanks :) I really do appreciate advice like this. I just do this for fun and for the challenge,  and I can totally see that this design would probably not have even made it past the second iteration at DE.

But when there are people who are really passionate about a concept,  like I know there are about Oni, I push on and struggle to find something even when it seems all but impossible.

Now if I by some stroke of genius or madness, find a design that actually work, that would be really cool.

I went back to the original inspiration for this and then without much reference I began anew.

The demon is very much my focus now. I want to get away from the human facemask. Without loosing the demon that is Oni.

ash_oni_helmet_v5_by_gaber111-daxfopv.jpg

You tell me how I did. I did a very fast paint to see how Tint can bring out the mask more. 

What do you think? 

35 minutes ago, arch111 said:

I went back to the original inspiration for this and then without much reference I began anew.

The demon is very much my focus now. I want to get away from the human facemask. Without loosing the demon that is Oni.

ash_oni_helmet_v5_by_gaber111-daxfopv.jpg

You tell me how I did. I did a very fast paint to see how Tint can bring out the mask more. 

What do you think? 

i like it, has a mix of ninja and something liek dark brotherhood from skyrim that fits with a grineer frame 

fashion frame will love it 

12 hours ago, arch111 said:

Thanks :) I really do appreciate advice like this. I just do this for fun and for the challenge,  and I can totally see that this design would probably not have even made it past the second iteration at DE.

But when there are people who are really passionate about a concept,  like I know there are about Oni, I push on and struggle to find something even when it seems all but impossible.

Now if I by some stroke of genius or madness, find a design that actually work, that would be really cool.

I really think you can do it :)

Btw, pseudo faces are ok so you shouldn't think too much about it. There's a thin line you shouldn't cross for DE to approve them but otherwise you can go with eyes and a jaw structure as much as you want as long as it's somewhat scifi and not too obvious (the evangelion were a good example of it),

14 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

i like it, has a mix of ninja and something liek dark brotherhood from skyrim that fits with a grineer frame 

fashion frame will love it 

Its all about the fashion in this game :D The ones I personally like the most are the ones that can look really good and different in the Armory because of good Tintmaps and design.

References to other games are cool to hear! Thanks for that !

43 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

think it looks great, will you add any metalics into the mix so it can pair with primes? 

Absolutely! Either smaller pendants or such or rings and along edges.

I do have an idea to do gemstones, like Ashs deluxe skin "eyes".

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

you could style in some dragon like designs , i think jems stones is how one layers the transparency?? [think in z its glass?]

overall the theme sounds appealing to me , and with how tennogen is working could be the perfect time 

Metal dragons on the hips. Flames on the arms, dragons going from abs round the shoulders heads resting on the pecs.

Scales/blades on legs? Not sure.

Clawes on parted soft boots.

Looking at art for inspiration. 

I think some scales would be alright. But, it would be cool if areas like his chest and the front of his thighs had a leathery skin texture. It would work with the whole Oni theme since Oni's are depicted as demons made of flesh and bone. Bonus points of the skin looked weathered or burnt. 

4 minutes ago, METAL_BAWKSES said:

I think some scales would be alright. But, it would be cool if areas like his chest and the front of his thighs had a leathery skin texture. It would work with the whole Oni theme since Oni's are depicted as demons made of flesh and bone. Bonus points of the skin looked weathered or burnt. 

maybe a little scuffed up , something like this?

Spoiler

brown-leather-texture.jpg