Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Oni helmet. 2017-02-10 Feedback on Tintareas please :)

arch111

15 minutes ago, raydog said:

I think Tennogen and the Deluxe skins don't necessarily have to tie into the main warframe aesthetic. We'd probably get less accepted submissions if that were the case.

35 minutes ago, arch111 said:

That's a tough call. Probably the saya, for most effect.

I gotta wonder about the direction of warframe, both tennogen and inhouse skins seem to take a demonic and fantasy-route.

Just look at Mirage morgaine, and Valkyr cheeta before that among others and now Chroma. 

maybe  , ill have to create the saya next then and keep it in tehme with the origional desgin enough that its familiar, the current ones a bit bulky so ill have to slim it down on the saya 

23 minutes ago, raydog said:

I think Tennogen and the Deluxe skins don't necessarily have to tie into the main warframe aesthetic. We'd probably get less accepted submissions if that were the case.

That do seem to be true.

But looking at Inaros skull-mummy, Ivara bowtie-hat and the Syandanas lately, I think the inhouse artdirection have swayed toward fantasy as well.

55 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

maybe  , ill have to create the saya next then and keep it in tehme with the origional desgin enough that its familiar, the current ones a bit bulky so ill have to slim it down on the saya 

You know I truly think it's very cool and good of you to tackle it. We need more weapons in TennoGen,  and I can't think of a better way of hassling them about it ; )

Edited by arch111
no rest for the wicked

2 hours ago, arch111 said:

You know I truly think it's very cool and good of you to tackle it. We need more weapons in TennoGen,  and I can't think of a better way of hassling them about it ; )

i doubt it will work but maybe ? 

im going with a nodachi straight balde to hopefully make more sense with ashes ninja theme 

On 2/18/2017 at 0:31 PM, raydog said:

TennoGen work absolutely has to tie into the main Warframe aesthetics. Deluxe skins are made by DE, those are the ones that bend the rules.

6 hours ago, raydog said:

Yes, tennogen still has to conform somewhat. However these are fan interpretations of what warframes should be. It's different from what DE thinks warframes should be.

Which are being sold as official product and treated as part of the game. Tennogen is practically an official crowdsourcing system and not just about putting fan-content into the game.

6 hours ago, Rekkou said:

Which are being sold as official product and treated as part of the game. Tennogen is practically an official crowdsourcing system and not just about putting fan-content into the game.

That's a pretty fair point. That old line that the Players are part of the development of Warframe, is never more visible than in TennoGen. 

• 2 weeks later...

Im not a fan of the rounded horns. I personally would like them to be more pointy. I would also like to see some tusks that are found on alot of Oni masks. And is the pony tail going to have cloth physics? becasue that would be awesome.

17 minutes ago, Senketsu_ said:

Im not a fan of the rounded horns. I personally would like them to be more pointy. I would also like to see some tusks that are found on alot of Oni masks. And is the pony tail going to have cloth physics? becasue that would be awesome.

Even though I see your point with the horns, I am unsure given the growing number ir demonic helmets, HitsuSans Baihu not least. Then again maby that is a reason to make them more pointy?

Tusks or fangs, I have been back and forth on that. And I do think DE will reject something like that because it is a "pop culture/real world reference" in other words too clear mouth/face.

That's why I opted for tint and materials to do the work. 

The braid ... I want it to move yes. It depends, I want it to move slowly and not all over the place. If DE can weigh it like that, it will be cool.

4 hours ago, arch111 said:

Even though I see your point with the horns, I am unsure given the growing number ir demonic helmets, HitsuSans Baihu not least. Then again maby that is a reason to make them more pointy?

Tusks or fangs, I have been back and forth on that. And I do think DE will reject something like that because it is a "pop culture/real world reference" in other words too clear mouth/face.

That's why I opted for tint and materials to do the work. 

The braid ... I want it to move yes. It depends, I want it to move slowly and not all over the place. If DE can weigh it like that, it will be cool.

personally I dont think DE wouldnt be against tusks. But its your work. Do what you think best.

Edited by Senketsu_

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
19 hours ago, arch111 said:

What version is your favourite? I have gone trough a few you know :D

My favorite would be this version without the tail thing on the back of his head, also if you were to make the eyes a bit larger and mabyee move the horns a little more toward the middle ontop of the helm. I think that would help imrpove its badasssness:devil::devil::devil:

OT: Great fuckkin work my dude:heart:

ash_oni_helmet_v5_by_gaber111-daxfopv.jp

Edited by KushyKev95

1 hour ago, KushyKev95 said:

My favorite would be this version without the tail thing on the back of his head, also if you were to make the eyes a bit larger and mabyee move the horns a little more toward the middle ontop of the helm. I think that would help imrpove its badasssness:devil::devil::devil:

OT: Great fuckkin work my dude:heart:

ash_oni_helmet_v5_by_gaber111-daxfopv.jp

Thanks man :)

I think I might be able to to do both.

I think I will do a crest by adding another set of horns in the middle.

The braid/tail will be further down and more spiked. Or I renove it. 

Time will tell.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...