Jump to content
Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Ash Oni helmet. 2017-02-10 Feedback on Tintareas please :)


Recommended Posts

Working with the shapes as well as colors in a pretty messy model.

viewer_ash_oni_wip_by_gaber111-dakmr89.jpg

At least it looks fairly ok, but as I said the size and shape is messy and no normal map just a lower poly with no edgeflow.

This is how it looks in ZBrush. Much more accurate.

oniz_by_gaber111-dakmrgf.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, arch111 said:

Working with the shapes as well as colors in a pretty messy model.

viewer_ash_oni_wip_by_gaber111-dakmr89.jpg

At least it looks fairly ok, but as I said the size and shape is messy and no normal map just a lower poly with no edgeflow.

This is how it looks in ZBrush. Much more accurate.

oniz_by_gaber111-dakmrgf.jpg

Been constantly checking up on this and i must say, it's looking damn good man, and it really seems to go very well with the body. Keep it up mate!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2016 at 3:10 PM, arch111 said:

Working with the shapes as well as colors in a pretty messy model.

viewer_ash_oni_wip_by_gaber111-dakmr89.jpg

At least it looks fairly ok, but as I said the size and shape is messy and no normal map just a lower poly with no edgeflow.

This is how it looks in ZBrush. Much more accurate.

oniz_by_gaber111-dakmrgf.jpg

Now looks more like  skull and not as Oni

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

will you do a skin with it?

Haha fulcrvm just asked me that :)

I truly have no idea. I had never thought that far, only to get a helmet that would work for everyone. If I did ... what to do? I WAS thinking of those big oriental dragon-tatoos and of a more traditional ninja-gear. But if I go the fantasy-route I guess a skin can really BE a demon.

Any ideas?

1 hour ago, Vlada91 said:

Now looks more like  skull and not as Oni

I REALLY dont want this to read a skull in the end. So if it makes people think that it needs to change.

The objective is more like this

ash_green_by_gaber111-dakeimh.png

And color-tinting makes all the difference in the end. I AM considering making the bottom-jaw "fang" that is barely visible now, to be extruded and clearly away from the main head.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Haha fulcrvm just asked me that :)

I truly have no idea. I had never thought that far, only to get a helmet that would work for everyone. If I did ... what to do? I WAS thinking of those big oriental dragon-tatoos and of a more traditional ninja-gear. But if I go the fantasy-route I guess a skin can really BE a demon.

Any ideas?

I REALLY dont want this to read a skull in the end. So if it makes people think that it needs to change.

The objective is more like this

ash_green_by_gaber111-dakeimh.png

And color-tinting makes all the difference in the end. I AM considering making the bottom-jaw "fang" that is barely visible now, to be extruded and clearly away from the main head.

you could try to fit more armor or demonic styled organic points to fit to the helm 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i know that feel bro D: 

--still awaiting jackel helm--

Yes. That one is finally being made into a lowpoly so I can do the Tintmasks.

I know, I move at Lightningspeed :p

The Ash will get done alot faster, I promise. 

Thing is that when I look around at Steam, even at the accepted ones, some feel strangely rough and some look too close to the vanillahelmet. And some just look plain weird,  but that's not the point.

I am a perfectionist by my own standards and I can easily go back and change or add to a model. I just have to let it go at some point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Yes. That one is finally being made into a lowpoly so I can do the Tintmasks.

I know, I move at Lightningspeed :p

The Ash will get done alot faster, I promise. 

Thing is that when I look around at Steam, even at the accepted ones, some feel strangely rough and some look too close to the vanillahelmet. And some just look plain weird,  but that's not the point.

I am a perfectionist by my own standards and I can easily go back and change or add to a model. I just have to let it go at some point. 

im ok with waiting , as in artist it should be to your own standards , as if it dosnt pull off the look you have in mind then whats the point right? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

im ok with waiting , as in artist it should be to your own standards , as if it dosnt pull off the look you have in mind then whats the point right? 

You said it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, (PS4)BIGHEBREW said:

oni ash is very wanted and ask for by fans I'm suprise DE hasn't seen the many threads about this I WANT one badly (i mean i DO have a ninja tattooed on my arm assassinating the grim reaper with a oni mask on, but whom am I so say we need one)

You seem to be the perfect guy to ask then. 

Why DE doesn't approve Oni or something like a face or skull, is they want things to look weird and a bit alien.

My struggle from the word GO have been to make everyone happy. DE obviously are harder to please.

Do you have any suggestions to make Oni a reality based on what I done so far?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, arch111 said:

You seem to be the perfect guy to ask then. 

Why DE doesn't approve Oni or something like a face or skull, is they want things to look weird and a bit alien.

My struggle from the word GO have been to make everyone happy. DE obviously are harder to please.

Do you have any suggestions to make Oni a reality based on what I done so far?

ok, I personally luv it I'm not asking you to take anyone else design how about get inspiration from this concept look at his helmet design it looks like the oni BUT with a warframe twist I suggested to him to make this a tennogen since he wanted this to be a deluxe I think you should contact him and collaborate

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, (PS4)BIGHEBREW said:

ok, I personally luv it I'm not asking you to take anyone else design how about get inspiration from this concept look at his helmet design it looks like the oni BUT with a warframe twist I suggested to him to make this a tennogen since he wanted this to be a deluxe I think you should contact him and collaborate

 

 

 

Thing is it looks so original it might be a new Warframe. It looks super fun to create though.

His look is more like the tennogen ash in the last batch (im terrible with names) the one with two horns going forward.

My aim was allways the Demon mask, Hitsusan did a blind demon, the deluxe is like a metal gear/splinter cell.

Will get back to it when I have some time again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Thing is it looks so original it might be a new Warframe. It looks super fun to create though.

His look is more like the tennogen ash in the last batch (im terrible with names) the one with two horns going forward.

My aim was allways the Demon mask, Hitsusan did a blind demon, the deluxe is like a metal gear/splinter cell.

Will get back to it when I have some time again.

and im just floating about waiting for jackel :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

oh? in what style ?

Well that's the question. First it was dark egyptian of course. But now I think it should change the body in some way.

Need to really think it through.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...