Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zaikhya Syandana [WIP]

blazingcobalt

7 hours ago, KWANi said:

Here's something that might help you out

-snip-

Oh this will be handy. Gonna have to mess around with the settings a bit to get what I want.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, fredaven said:

deeeeepth.. add depth

Yeah its very, very flat atm. I'm thinking im gonna do some diamond shapes coming down from the top that come out.

Pick out some large areas you can push out thicker like the others suggested. Do large areas, not just details, it will help break up the flatness a ton, IE: make some parts of the pattern look like it's an entire extra layer on top of the other parts, or add thicker bracket-like border pieces. Also remember to use the actual side edges to your advantage, you can carve lines up them to make it look layered. Maybe take a look at the Ki'Teer syandana, it has some of these features esp. the side/edge detail. 

I've noticed in a lot of Warframe-style tech elements, the artists tend to like to alternate between carving a line in and also pulling it out by sort of tapping the alt key occasionally. Might want to try some of that on the metal part on top with the tool you're using to make your panel lines.

Also add polypaint as soon as you can, can't stress how much it helps to have the colors blocked out, helps in reading the flow a ton.

Sorry for all the crit, I hope something in there helps.

Lovely shape, I think this is gonna turn out great!

7 hours ago, Syncrasis said:

Sorry for all the crit, I hope something in there helps.

nononononoonnono

I want you guys to tear into it. That is gonna be the best way for me to learn how to do this.

I'm really loving all the feedback here so I can get this turning into something super nice.

5 hours ago, fredaven said:

like the new concept. think its pretty solid. I dont know if its' "different" enough to make it in. but then again its anyones guess what makes it in these days.

Thanks!

Yeah I wish DE would give more word about what can get in and what can't. Really confusing to see some really good stuff on the workshop not get included without a word.