Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR20 - Archwing test (SOLVED)

at35z

Question

Hi there,

So, I'm really-really close to MR20, if I rank up my new gear I'll reach it today, so I wanted to practice the rankup test in Simaris' room.

I need your help, fellow Tenno. This test is literally impossible for me.

I got some "try practicing more in Simaris' room" advices from Guides of The Lotus in chat, but is that really the issue?

The problem is that the time is too short. HOWEVER, I don't waste it by trying to fit in a specific ring for a long time, the time simply disappears between two rings. I can't even get near the next one before the timer expires.

Is the given time actually correct? Is it 100% certain that the test is not bugged? Is it sure that the timer doesn't count the time Lotus takes away from my life by talking about the task?

I mean, I'm literally trying with Itzal and a rank 9 Hyperion Thrusters mod. That's supposed to be relatively fast I guess. But I still can't get near the next ring. I tried choosing the side ones, but then again, I can't get back to the big, center ones since it gives 2 seconds.

What am I doing wrong?

Edited by at35z

11 answers to this question

i just finished this one i had odonata and Hyperion thrusters at level 5 hit the first 2 rings and then the bottom right 2 then hit the last 2 and the exit i found that this was the best way

make sure you hold shift and space its much faster and required in my opinion

i can make a video for you if you want?

this one https://puu.sh/rfcwQ.mp4

and these

Edited by V45H
speed

I'm not sure if they updated it since I did the practice and passed the test, but I'm pretty sure you only need to go through the circles to increase the timer and Itzal can just use blink to get to the very end.

Don't forget that you have afterburners to further increase your speed besides the normal sprint key.

24 minutes ago, at35z said:

Hi there,

So, I'm really-really close to MR20, if I rank up my new gear I'll reach it today, so I wanted to practice the rankup test in Simaris' room.

I got some "try practicing more in Simaris' room" advices from Guides of The Lotus in chat, but is that really the issue?

The problem is that the time is too short. HOWEVER, I don't waste it by trying to fit in a specific ring for a long time, the time simply disappears between two rings. I can't even get near the next one before the timer expires.

Is the given time actually correct? Is it 100% certain that the test is not bugged? Is it sure that the timer doesn't count the time Lotus takes away from my life by talking about the task?

I mean, I'm literally trying with Itzal and a rank 9 Hyperion Thrusters mod. That's supposed to be relatively fast I guess. But I still can't get near the next ring. I tried choosing the side ones, but then again, I can't get back to the big, center ones since it gives 2 seconds.

What am I doing wrong?

You do not need to get through all the rings.  You just need to get through the last ring before time expires. 

I built my Iztal to focus on speed and power range and power efficiency.  This was after Archwing controls were updated, but before the MR20 test was adjusted for the changes.  While the Lotus was doing her voice-over, I dropped some energy restore.  Once the timer started, I spammed blink to get to the end.

Edited by Aniawn

I did it 3 days ago so nothing is bugged. You may want to take itzal as it's the fastest archwing and has blink but using it is not that necessary.

Just start right away with reaching maximum speed (shift+space) and go through rings that are near you, there will be no need to slow down.

Be careful with using blink because if you blink through exit point then you will need to turn back.

I did the test a week or two ago with a rank 9 odonata prime, no hyperion thrusters mod. Just shift+space right from the get-go and don't even try getting to all the rings. 
This is the video who's path I followed: 

Goodluck! Hope you make it! :)

1 hour ago, at35z said:

Hi there,

What am I doing wrong?

I decided long time ago to stop posting on this forum, but for your case i will make an exception

This test is so easy and can be done in Less than 5 seconds, this is what i did

Bring itzal, put on it p flow and streamline

As soon as u load, drop 4 energy pads. aim slightly above the rings, never inside the rings. use yr teleport power, 3 times,,, 1, 2, 3. then aim down to the finish point, and again use yr teleport power.

5 seconds, you are done

Enjoy it and thank me later :)

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

I failed because I teleported through the final ring and that doesn't count, only if you touch the halo.

Well then........ better luck for me tomorrow I guess.

Thanks for the answers, guys, really appreciate it.

Edited by at35z

Sorry for hijacking this thread... I read everyone saying to try the test at simaris before going for the actual test... but I cannot access the test which I am going to take. For example I am now MR8 and want to try test of MR9 but it says MR9 is needed... so I am wondering what is this 'try out' everyone is talking about?

40 minutes ago, kyori said:

Sorry for hijacking this thread... I read everyone saying to try the test at simaris before going for the actual test... but I cannot access the test which I am going to take. For example I am now MR8 and want to try test of MR9 but it says MR9 is needed... so I am wondering what is this 'try out' everyone is talking about?

That doesn't seem right.

You should be able to play the tests until your rank, your current rank, and the next one.