Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Walking Operator

Skultimos

So after the new suit release I got to thinking that I really wish that my operator would stand up so I could rotate him and see what it looks like in all the new gear, then the though crossed my mind that we should be our operator while we're inside our ship.  We take control of frames to harness our power and complete missions but while we're on the ship we're just us.  Why not get to at least see our operator and have them walk around our ship?  Maybe even give us the option to go into relays with them too instead of just our frames.  Just my thoughts on the subject though.  What do you think?

10 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

They showed le walking seat potato in one of the TWW trailers, so it's coming soon tm.

We unfortunately do not know any of the context as to why the operator was in that situation, or if that situation was even really happening at all. We are even told earlier on that the operator cannot survive long outside of their chair, so I'm not holding on to hope that we will see walking operators in the ships, just in case.

20 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

We unfortunately do not know any of the context as to why the operator was in that situation, or if that situation was even really happening at all. We are even told earlier on that the operator cannot survive long outside of their chair, so I'm not holding on to hope that we will see walking operators in the ships, just in case.

It's not so much the operators can't survive off the chair for long.... Other things don't survive long around us without it acting as a channel for our power.

Thus why we'd never go to the relays... Plus that would be utterly stupid as no one knows of our existence.

Edited by SilvaDreams

1 hour ago, LastTestament said:

Maybe a secret, maybe just forgotten.  I could see them wanting to keep the tenno identity secret from the other factions though.

No. Most definetly a secret. No one aside from the Orokin knew that the Warframes and Tenno are separete beings, even back in the Old War.

2 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

i hope for this:

XVamTri.jpg

and

4QR2i0l.jpg

Relays, I'm not quite sure. But Dojos and Orbiter, YES PLEASE.

I mean I don't think Mama Lotus would allow us to be in a place that is not 100% safe.

Grineer know the location of the Relays, and it would just be a shame if someone were to, say BOMB it with a BALOR FOMORIAN, while the Tenno are there.

2 minutes ago, secret9005 said:

Relays, I'm not quite sure. But Dojos and Orbiter, YES PLEASE.

I mean I don't think Mama Lotus would allow us to be in a place that is not 100% safe.

Grineer know the location of the Relays, and it would just be a shame if someone were to, say BOMB it with a BALOR FOMORIAN, while the Tenno are there.

Meeehh,they are not ballerinas they are warriors :smile: What if we have a quest where the Lotus is in the relay and requires tenno to appears in relay... :smile: 

2 minutes ago, ComCray said:

Walking operators.. now THAT would completely snap my suspension of disbelieve.. It made complete and utter sense to me we had to carry them in The Second Dream. 

I'll just leave this here as to why.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_atrophy

Well too bad. You can see them walk in the trailer. It's bound to happen someday!

Spoiler

628800d1389674247-ss-helmet-isnt-thank-y

P.S. We'll just see if they even give an explanation to how.

2 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

did you see he can move his legs....???

Did you read that bit about MA....???

It doesn't mean you're disabled. It means you don't have enough muscle tissue to carry your body in a useful fashion upright. Let alone walk for any significant length. And this comes to varying degrees, dependent on the length and severity of a person's immobility. ANd that muscles can do just that little bit more with enough adrenlaine (like flipping yourself over when a wild stalker appears) isn't news either. But taking a stroll through your liset or walk outside for a bit? No.

Really bro, if someone is trying to make a point, try understanding the point before trying to refute it.

3 minutes ago, ComCray said:

Did you read that bit about MA....???

It doesn't mean you're disabled. It means you don't have enough muscle tissue to carry your body in a useful fashion upright. Let alone walk for any significant length. And this comes to varying degrees, dependent on the length and severity of a person's immobility. ANd that muscles can do just that little bit more with enough adrenlaine (like flipping yourself over when a wild stalker appears) isn't news either. But taking a stroll through your liset or walk outside for a bit? No.

Really bro, if someone is trying to make a point, try understanding the point before trying to refute it.

Well you can treat it. In the Warframe universe, we just don't know how.