Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion to only mix elemental types when the mods are placed adjacently

paperbagdemon

It would be nice if the primary elemental mods(heat,electricity,cold,toxin) would only fuse to secondary types(blast,corrosive,radiation,gas,magnetic,viral) if the fusing mods are placed adjacent to each other for instances where you want to preserve the primary elemental effects/damage. Any thoughts on this?

12 minutes ago, DogManDan said:

they will never allow us to return to the old rainbow type setups this is damage 2.0 whether we want it or not!

I demand my rainbow. 

But considering they give us combined element for the purpose of removing a rainbow build, I don't think they will allow it.

Edited by AhLiu338

4 minutes ago, secret9005 said:

Does this mean I can use Corrosive and Radiation on any weapon? If so too OP.

No because both of those use Electric and once an element is used in a combo it wouldn't make another combo.  You wouldn't be able to split and share elements.  Even if two separate mods of the same element were used in two separate locations.

It would be more along the lines of Toxin and fire not turning into gas if there is another mod between them.  At least that is how I interpreted the OP.

It would be nice if we had the mods capable of allowing for a single primary element build though.  Its very difficult to increase status chance on a fire or toxin only build because the solitary status chance mods are absolute crap.

It would also mean we could use fire and ice at the same same taking advantage of both freezing enemies and then igniting them instead of only getting blast damage.  Probably one of the reasons they (no longer?) don't allow these possibilities.

26 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

No because both of those use Electric and once an element is used in a combo it wouldn't make another combo.  You wouldn't be able to split and share elements.  Even if two separate mods of the same element were used in two separate locations.

It would be more along the lines of Toxin and fire not turning into gas if there is another mod between them.  At least that is how I interpreted the OP.

It would be nice if we had the mods capable of allowing for a single primary element build though.  Its very difficult to increase status chance on a fire or toxin only build because the solitary status chance mods are absolute crap.

It would also mean we could use fire and ice at the same same taking advantage of both freezing enemies and then igniting them instead of only getting blast damage.  Probably one of the reasons they (no longer?) don't allow these possibilities.

So I can have Blast and Heat against infested?

2 hours ago, secret9005 said:

So I can have Blast and Heat against infested?

If what you quoted is how we are to interpet things (and that is how I interpreted it), then no. Blast requires cold + heat, therefore additional heat mods would raise your heat  blast damage. What you could have is blast + toxin + electric damage.

Esentially OP wants to be able to have 3 elements on his weapons, but that is the strength of elemental weapons that we have now. Albeit perhaps they would go as high as having 4 elements. Since damage 3.0 IS in the work, albeit the works are slow, it's probably best not to mess with the current system as it'll get overhauled anyway and there's no way of knowing how this particular change would impact what's coming (or whether it's necessary / viable).

Edited by TaylorsContraction
edited typo