Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra when?

(PSN)NewAgeDoom

4 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Confirmed information by the developers, when it comes to Umbras. There isn't enough elsewhere to go off of to even begin to speculate with any hope of accuracy as to what the "new mechanic" will be. Lore speculation? doable since there is a lot of links and comparisons to go off of. New mechanic speculation? A shot in the dark by a blind man moving at a hundred miles an hour while spinning, hoping to hit a pinprick target.

Lighten up, You're gonna feel super silly when it turns out the new system really is just a veiled grindfest. Don't worry man, you'll get there, play warframe a bit more. The only thing that's confirmed is a different look *coughSkincough* and a new system. The grindfest and the 2 years from now release date is all me. I'm sorry you don't like my opinion.... no wait, now I'm saying things that are incorrect.

Edited by Skaleek

2 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Lighten up, You're gonna feel super silly when it turns out the new system really is just a veiled grindfest. Don't worry man, you'll get there, play warframe a bit more. The only thing that's confirmed is a different look *coughSkincough* and a new system. The grindfest and the 2 years from now release date is all me. I'm sorry you don't like my opinion.... no wait, now I'm saying things that are incorrect.

No, they specifically said "It is not a skin" Again, this is confirmed. That is all I corrected you on before.

5 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

No, they specifically said "It is not a skin" Again, this is confirmed. That is all I corrected you on before.

A different look to a frame is a skin, actually what they said was "it's not JUST a skin", ta da. Prime variants, believe it or not, are just skins with modified stats. I'm sorry that this fact eludes you but... it's kind of your own issue. Regardless. The new system is what we're talking about, because thats the unique thing that umbra is bringing.

They want to introduce it with a cinematic quest because thats the flavour that DE is currently enticed by. So we're waiting for a "new system" and a skin, which is why DE themselves think most people will be disappointed with the release, because the time its taken for what we're going to be given will be disproportionate.

Edited by Skaleek

1 minute ago, Skaleek said:

A different look to a frame is a skin, actually what they said was "it's not JUST a skin", ta da. Prime variants, believe it or not, are just skins with modified stats. I'm sorry that this fact eludes you but... it's kind of your own issue.

Considering skins are equipped onto an existing thing, compared to being intrinsically locked to some other new thing, which makes it thus not be a skin, your definition needs some work there. If that kind of definition eludes you then I cant help ya. Umbra will be a separate warframe, thus not a skin.

3 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Considering skins are equipped onto an existing thing, compared to being intrinsically locked to some other new thing, which makes it thus not be a skin, your definition needs some work there. If that kind of definition eludes you then I cant help ya. Umbra will be a separate warframe, thus not a skin.

Fine, we're deep into semantics. Its a different warframe. With a new system. that is identical to excalibur but with a different...... VISUAL... SKI....something.  Grindfest incoming in 8 months, thats my honest to god guess.

Edited by Skaleek

1 minute ago, Skaleek said:

Fine, we're deep into semantics. Its a different warframe. With a new system. that is identical to excalibur but with a different...... VISUAL... SKI....something.  Grindfest incoming in 8 months, thats my honest to god guess.

Considering it only took them 4 months to release all of U19, Umbra is confirmed U20 which will be started before the end of this year, we have 2 months remaining in this year, its more likely we will see the Umbra system release within the first 3 months of 2017.

13 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Considering it only took them 4 months to release all of U19, Umbra is confirmed U20 which will be started before the end of this year, we have 2 months remaining in this year, its more likely we will see the Umbra system release within the first 3 months of 2017.

I am willing to bet you 3000 Plat. Right here, Right now. It's gonna take a lot longer than that for U20. They were supposed to release u19 in MAY and are still struggling to get it out and its almost OCTOBER. My guess is 8 months from now and thats generous, honestly. I wouldnt be surprised if it was over a year, which is whatever, if DE continues their development cycle crawl it will hit them hard. Player retention will become harder and harder the slower and slower they release content.

Still can't believe in light of all these delays they havent thrown out some rehashed Tactical alerts or events, but hey whatever, thats off topic.

Edited by Skaleek

6 hours ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

The only thing that is keeping it from being released is not development, its a time exclusive agreement they have with China. Not saying it should have been release by now ether, as I don't give two...

Secondly. In the last Dev Stream Steve and Jeff said that based on the latest poll (posted by Drew I think) a lot of people will be disappointed. 

I'm sure that the 30 days period of Chinese exclusivity has already ended (it's been already 15 months to date).

If you start checking stuff, initially it was supposed to be released short after The second dream, but it was delayed under the pretext of "we want Umbra to be special, not to be buried on a sea of releases, and since there has been a lot of new frames released in a short time, we will release him later" (or something like that).

Then there was a Tweet of Steve himself saying that Umbra could be released on February this year (Reason why I personally can't believe on any confirmed info), and that's where the silence begun. 

So I guess the only reason why Umbra hasn't been released is DE trying to figure a way to do it with lore, as natural as possible; and the development of a new unwanted system which most likely hasn't even started.

These threads still popping up?

I dont get how people can be so hyped over a new series of reskins of already existing frames.

12 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

It's just another layer of power creep. 

Or it could be one of a kind with same stats as excal p.

C'mon now, you know DE, primes are old content, the new ones will for sure have inflated stats.

I don't understand why everyone is so obsessed with that Umbra thing.

Hell it's just a slightly altered Excalibur.

But I guess  people always want the thing they can't have the most. Same with Excalibur prime.

Just that Umbra will become available someday.... why the hurry? Srsly- I do not understand it. What's so special about Umbra?

And don't tell me that it's the oh-so-interesting lore we don't know a thing about yet.

What else? uuuuh they should focus more on the Corpus instead of worthless Umbra warframes.

Edited by WEREsandrock

14 minutes ago, WEREsandrock said:

I don't understand why everyone is so obsessed with that Umbra thing.

Hell it's just a slightly altered Excalibur.

But I guess  people always want the thing they can't have the most. Same with Excalibur prime.

Just that Umbra will become available someday.... why the hurry? Srsly- I do not understand it. What's so special about Umbra?

And don't tell me that it's the oh-so-interesting lore we don't know a thing about yet.

What else? uuuuh they should focus more on the Corpus instead of worthless Umbra warframes.

But...but...it's shiny...