Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are you opinions on these Warframes?

(XBOX)GeckoGenesis

Question

I'm trying to figure out what Warframe I should get next.   Here's a list of frames I'm taking into consideration, but feel free to suggest and review a frame that isn't on the list. 

I watched some YouTube videos on these Warframes, but I want some more opinions on them before I make a decision. 

List of Warframes

Equinox

Ivara

Loki

Nova

Nyx

Trinity-  I have her, but I find her kind of... boring.  Any tips on how to play her? 

Well, here's my 2 plat:

Equinox - hated the grind. (70+ Tyl Regor kills) I pretty much used her as mastery fodder but I've seen some pretty impressive builds done with her. Never bothered to do that myself. Don't like her looks.

Ivara - looks good, not too keen on her kit. She has amazing uses as both a CC'er and a damage dealer, with stealth capabilities to boot. She just doesn't suit my playstyle very well. The grind for her wasn't too bad on my part, I've done enough Spy missions to "git gud" with them.

Loki - the king of stealth. Haven't earned the title of "master race" for nothing. Extremely useful.

Nova - another VERY useful frame. Makes interception missions a cakewalk. Makes certain bosses (mostly the ones without stupid invinciblity mechanics) a cakewalk. Speed Nova has her own usefulness as well. Contrary to other posters in the thread, I've never had a problem fashionframing my Nova.

Nyx - Chaos? I prefer Loki's Irradiating Disarm. She's pretty tanky with Assimilate though.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)GeckoGenesis said:

Is Inaros worth all the farming trouble I would have to go through? 

Only complaint about inaros is the finishers need exact positioning to get, but easily delt with once you find what's immune and what you go behind to do the finisher.

Equinox - 2 in one package. Can buff, do scaling damage and has a generally well rounded kit.

Ivara - Queen of stealth, her kit is all about being a tactical hunter with pin point accuracy and loads of utility. Her 4th works well as DPS.

Loki - Generally good in all situations, Radial Disarm as one of the best CC abilities in game.

Nova - Mostly known for Molecular Prime which can make enemies go 75% slower or 30% faster depending on mods. Her Antimatter Drop can transform most weapons from a pea shooter to a nuke.

Nyx - Queen of CC, Chaos works wonderfully to drop aggro. Absorb/Assimilate can be used as pseudo-invincibility. 

Trinity - Best support there is. You can build for high duration+150% strength for a tank build and not die. She's useful, but not always fun. 

24 minutes ago, (XB1)GeckoGenesis said:

Just Nekros.  I don't know about Chroma, because it's just so much effort to complete the Rail Missions for him.  Is he worth it?

And I don't know anything at all about Atlas.  What's he like? 

Atlas has become one of my favorites even if he ain't purdy on the eyes. Landslide is a very fun first ability and I find all of the abilities synergize well.

personally I like Limbo, and Frost, due to the ability to evade 99% of damage with the prior warframe, and take said 99% damage in the latter. however, all the previous options were well presented. Each warframe comes off of a different unique playstyle.. 

anyway, just save up a bunch of resources and when you have a bunch, splurge and build 3 or 4 at a time. If you farm enough relics (especially if you have vaulted goods), you can sell for a bit of plat. or sorties for the lens/weapon parts

anyway, I know I wasn't much help but good luck!

I got Equinox on sale a few days ago and I'm totally in love with the frame. It's basically 2 frames in 1 and I'm currently using Day Equinox because you can buff your own + allies power strength, while dealing constant Slash proc damage to every enemy in a decent radius (higher range and status than World On Fire) plus you can nuke everything around you when you toggle that ultimate power after it soaks up enough damage. Night Equinox is also a great support frame, but I'm too addicted to Day Equinox right now. Yes, that slash proc doesn't deal a lot of damage, but it stuns enemies as soon as they enter the radius so you can kill them quickly before they can do anything. 

49 minutes ago, Zerathos_Dagon said:

Before you read on, please keep in mind that most of this is my opinion and that if you play one of these frames you might even think something I said is complete bull.

Equinox - Only ever used for either her sleep or her Day-form Ultimate. The rest is either subpar or completely neglectable. And even then, while her day-form ultimate has a nice initial stun+slash proc, the actual effect requires a lot of set-up and set-up time - as in you need to stand around letting a lot of enemies be killed around you, after which you need to walk to another area that still has a lot of enemies again, after which you can finally detonate it... And all the while you need to avoid Ability-blocking stuff like Nullifiers and being downed, because if that happens it's goodbye built-up damage. In short, if you like mini-management and risk, you could go play her, her ult is actually among the best nukes... IF you can pull it off.

Ivara - I personally can't see much use in her. In stealth missions like Spy, sure... But not anywhere else. Her ultimate - while it can be fun - is a bit subpar compared to other damaging ultimates, her arrow quiver can be nice but is pretty situational most of the time, and her Navigator ability is quite iffy and hard to use. Her Prowl is pretty nice though, especially with the augment, hence why she's good in stealth missions.

Loki - If there was any frame I had to deem OP, it would be Loki. He's good in almost any situation, Sure he has low health, low shields and low armor, but that doesn't matter most of the time with the abilities he has to his disposal. With Irradiated Disarm and Invisibility, you really can't screw up. Add Decoy, Switch teleport and insane base movement speed as the cherries on top and you have yourself a pretty stronk cakewarframe.

Nova - It's all about the ultimate with this one. The rest is good too, with the exception of Null Star maybe, but they pale in comparison to her ultimate. A heavy slow (or speed-up in the case of Speed-Nova builds), a Damage-buffer and a nuke all in one, and in a large area of effect too! Even if you want to use her other abilities, there really isn't any going around her ultimate.

Nyx - Despite what other people say, she can still be pretty good. Mind control is OK, while Psychic Bolts is absolute garbage. But her Chaos and Absorb can be really handy, especially in defense and mobile defense.

Trinity - She is the Support frame. No other support frame can come close to what she can do in terms of restoration. She can restore health, restore shields, restore energy, stun an enemy, give a damage reduction buff to allies, and even be a tank with Link. However, She has a real lack of damaging abilities. Sure, her Energy Vampire and Link deals a little damage, but that's far from enough. In short, she's the best support there is (at least when it comes to restoration), but she feels really slow and needs allies to do damage.

Thank you for this.  All I was looking for was in-depth opinions on the frames and you delivered. 

I don't use Equinox or Nyx much, so I can't say much about them, but I can comment on the rest.

I highly recommend the four that I do use, though:

Ivara: Ivara has infinite invisibility with the trade-off of decreased mobility. She excels at solo play with the ability to never be targeted and to manipulate enemies with Sleep Arrow and Noise Arrow. Sleep Arrow provides hard crowd-control, and Cloak Arrow is a unique support option in a squad. Artemis Bow has solid damage output and is the most powerful bow in the game even at neutral power strength, and Prowl gives her an additional bonus to head shot damage that works with any weapon. The Infiltrate augment makes her the safest choice for Spy, but Dashwire Arrow can already trivialize most Spy vaults even if you don't use the augment.

Loki: Loki is a pure utility Warframe. He has a long-duration invisibility that doesn't prevent him from receiving energy regeneration or hamper his mobility, but will need to find a corner to hide in to recast it if you do not want to alert enemies. Radial Disarm is powerful soft crowd-control, and the Irradiating Disarm augment is one of the most powerful augments in the game. Hushed Invisibility silences your weapons without needing to spend a mod slot on the weapon.

Nova: Nova is all-round versatility. Molecular Prime is very powerful and can be tailored to slow enemies to a crawl as a soft crowd-control option or to speed enemies up to help clear Defense missions more quickly while also doubling all damage taken by affected enemies. Antimatter Drop is a powerful offensive option, especially with a hard-hitting raw damage weapon like the Sancti Tigris or Tigris Prime, and Wormhole provides mobility superior to parkour, though it's most noticeable in Spy vaults and Orokin parkour vaults.

Trinity: Trinity is still the best support Warframe in the game, but her solo capabilities are not to be underestimated. Trinity is virtually impossible to kill with the ability to fully heal and provide flat damage mitigation to herself and her squad with Blessing, provide overshields with the Vampire Leech augment, and provide infinite energy with Energy Vampire. Link improves damage mitigation on herself and makes her immune to status procs while at least one enemy is in range.

4 hours ago, (XB1)GeckoGenesis said:

I'm trying to figure out what Warframe I should get next.   Here's a list of frames I'm taking into consideration, but feel free to suggest and review a frame that isn't on the list. 

In the end, you just have to play them and figure out how to work with the 'frame and where it works for you.

As for me:

Equinox. I like her, but she's fiddly and you have to mod for specific playstyles since she can do quite a bit. I tend to go for control with a rest build, but...really I don't play her too much since I have other 'frames that can do about as well with less hassle.

Ivara. She's the go-to warframe for spy missions for me. Again, she can do a fair amount, but I use her for spy missions and build accordingly. Mostly use her for relic farming, scanning, and affinity farming.

Loki. Mmm, never cared for him, but LokiP does have a certain niche he can fill. I tend to use him for captures and scanning. That's it. Ivara is really better in spy missions, but he is good for running down a target and executing them if you don't feel like bothering with fighting. Much.

Nova. I use NovaP and she's a go-to 'frame for infested farming missions or defenses. She can do a number of things, but she's mostly about control and the damage buff. Basically, she lives on Heiracon. She works exceptionally well with Frost and Equinox.

Nyx. Again, it's more about NyxP, but she's a general purpose mass control warframe with a get-out-of-jail-free card. I use her for about everything, but she excels at defending objectives. She's a long time favorite and one of my most used warframes.

Trinity. My second warframe and one of my most played. I use TrinityP these days, but when I just want to play, I tend to pick Trinity. She's especially good for endless modes, but she is mostly about supporting control and dps 'frames therein. However, on her own with good weapons she's virtually unstoppable. Caps, exterminates, survivals, interceptions, and MDs--she's one of the ones I pick most frequently.

Other 'frames:

Saryn. A long time favorite for excavations and just general destruction. A warframe capable of killing enemies on an industrial scale. Also, quite durable. Can be a bit of a challenge in energy management, though SarynP is much better in this regard.

Mesa. Another amazingly destructive 'frame and quite survivable. She requires keeping multiple shields running at all times so you need to pay attention, but excels at multiple misson types, particularly defenses, MDs, interception, and excavation.

Valkyr. Valky only does one thing: kill stuff. She's very good at it. If you just want to rip face, she's your girl. Another most used 'frame and somewhat similar to a link Trinity in practice, but you do get the advantages of exalted weapons with her claws. They can do a lot of damage.

When you get down to it, all the warframes work reasonably well and have a niche they can fill. Just have to find that and the playstyles you like.

Equinox - just got her so cant comment yet

Ivara - my goto Spy mission frame

Loki - my goto assassination frame - fast, invisible, and one shot with Tigris Prime

Nova - my main use frame, Molecular Prime is great for the squad

Nyx - played her, was not greatly impressed, need to go back to her one day

Trinity - the best support frame, not my style, but love her on my squad