Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I cannot decide what frame to build next.

(PSN)NewAgeDoom

Question

After just finishing Titania, and Nekros Prime (Still leveling), and Equinox on the way, I have one spare Warframe slot left, and I am at a loss as to who I should build.

I'm leaning toward Zephyr, for open air Defense/Interception shenanigans, though Vauban Prime with his tactical gameplay (Plus bounce pad trolling) appeals as well. And finally, I keep seeing more and more people using Hydroid for farming along with the Nekros, and water powers are always fun. And last but not least, Valkyr with her god mode and melee based kit is always fun, was thinking of rebuilding.

Any thoughts?

15 answers to this question

entirely up to you, but I would say go for whichever appeals to you the most.

Zephyr is agile, can tank with a Duration build using Turbulence and can be a lot of fun on larger maps. she can also CC with her Tornadoes.

Vauban Prime looks awesome, and he can support a team very well with large-scale CC and his passive armour buff. spamming Teslas until you put 1.21 jigawatts into an enemy is also pretty fun.

Hydroid isn't really one of my favourites, being quite squishy and all, but his CC is pretty good and he's an effective farming frame, especially with a Nekros supporting him.

Valkyr is great for Melee players, able to chop up even the toughest enemies with relative ease. she only has War Cry for team support, but if you want to be in the thick of it, Valkyr is a top choice.

out of those 4 I would go with either Zephyr or Valkyr, but that's just me.

Valkyr still has a god mode and all that stuff, but the only thing she can give to her team is an increased attack speed, and that's not really useful in a lot of cases. Same for Zephyr. Hydroid on the other hand has more potential for teamplay: he's very useful in farming missions, and although he's kinda crappy at it, he also has cc. And obviously, the most useful of all would be Vauban with his godlike cc.

So, imo, unless you're missing the required resources, your dilemma should be "I cannot decide what frame to build after Vauban".

Personally I find that Valkyr's god mode is too short after the nerf as the energy costs increases as you use it (up to a cap) so that means Hysteria may end abruptly should you stop getting energy orbs after a while.

This is dangerous at high levels as the damage listed in the counter will hurt you immediately upon hysteria ending should you be in range of an enemy unit. So sudden death upon energy = 0.

I'd go for Vauban just because of Bastille. I do have Zephyr but i've personally never found a use for her, most probably since i'm a fulltime melee only player.

Valkyr got heavily nerfed, as mentioned above, and her godmode doesnt last as long anymore and now has the chance of instagibbing you.

Hydroid.. don't know, heven't used him yet.