Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What should I do about the tactical alert's first phase?

HealingMind

Question

so, I've attemped to group up with people several times on the first phase of the tactical alert, and every single time the team ends up losing because some jackass manic decided" yeah, I'm just gonna contest this point for the next 5 hours, you're never getting it back, F*** you" And by the time I can take one out, either another one spawns in the same area, or it's now too late and the enemy is dominating and we cant recap points becasue those points also have manics on them.

So, before I move forward, I wanted to ask: how did people actually do this first phase? I haven't even seen past the first wave yet, let alone completed it.

17 answers to this question

It's funny, first time I tried there was an Ash in bleed out in front of me and before I could move MISSION FAILED hits the screen. Went and found a second game and never encountered a problem with it.

EDIT: The thing about interception is people forget that kills mean nothing in completing the objective here. CC and slow is everything. Thus something like say an Ash isn't going to help anyone (You know who you are).

4 minutes ago, DestinyEX said:

Nova is your is friend.

^That is why^.

Edited by SanguineSavant

Just get people who know how to play Interception well and know what's expected of them. Standard Interception missions of the same level are a breeze because the enemy tends to amble about a little more and get distracted, so as long as the team can kill things decently the mission is no problem. The Nightwatch Corps is different: they actually focus on the objective of taking and holding towers and intercepting the message. So your team has to do the same. Focus objectives, always be standing on a point and use generous CC (abilities, weapon knockback and a few different kinds of status) to keep the enemy outside those circles. Watch other nodes, too. If the big blue beam is flashing, that means the enemy is calling troops to that node and it needs reinforcing.

I got this thing done on my third try. On the first two, half my team thought it was the best idea to stand right in the middle of the stage (on no towers), spam powers and just affinity farm until the enemy received the message. Some people, eh?

CC prolongs the invincible phase of the Manics, which means slowing them while they're hacking a panel causes them to continue hacking while slowed and invulnerable. 

I did it solo with my Divine Spear-build Nezha and Atterax. The Spear CC knocks enemies off the panel without leaving them invulnerable for extended periods of time, and Atterax just wiped everything out while it was impaled (in the case of Manics, it brought their health down and they teleported when they got up). 

It went well and I kept all 4 points for the majority of the mission. 

Basic Tips for doing Interception:

1. Don't 2x, 3x, or 4x cap any one point (A, B,C, D) at the start of a round. Best everyone go grab an individual point at the start.
  2. If you're being overwhelm at any one location, abandon it and go cap another point where it is less defended.
  3. Prioritize on taking out enemies that are capturing.
  4. CC
  5. Play the objective!!! The FINAL goal is to win by getting to 100% first; NOT kill as many as you can.

1 hour ago, SanguineSavant said:

EDIT: The thing about interception is people forget that kills mean nothing in completing the objective here. CC and slow is everything. Thus something like say an Ash isn't going to help anyone (You know who you are).

While I agree control is important, the enemies can't exactly capture anything if they're dead.

I had the staticor with corrode damage so all missions went a lot easier since the AoE on its shots makes Manics less of an issue since I just have to hit the general area where the manic disappeared in.

I guess take the same approach and maybe see if any of your abilities/weapons can effect at least a small area so you can more easily deal with them. That or get lucky with a good team where you just have to hold your own on a point till things finish up.

On 9/30/2016 at 2:44 PM, Senketsu_ said:

Use frames with CC. like Nyx, Nova, ect. and keep spaming their CC abilities.

I have tried this, and it works well for the other enemeis, but the manics just don't care. I've tried everything at them, Nova, Frost, Excal, even ash once. They just can't be dealt with in less than 9 minutes.