Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpy Scorpy

Syncrasis

I really like Scorpius and I just finished watching Farscape and The Peacekeeper Wars (Farscape 2 when???) and Kwani told me I should make a Scorpius-based character

So I spent today sketching out a concept in Zbrush. Hope you guys like it lol

tumblr_oeeej8EERq1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oeeej8EERq1qdt0m6o2_1280.jpg

Never seen Farscape, but I just did a image search of Scorpius and was horrified you seem to have really captured his character well. A really intriguing mashup between him and Alad V!

Excellent work. Even with your 3-D art, I'm always amazed at your strength for portraying such vivid facial expressions.

Ooh how I enjoyed Farscape and the lovable badguy Scorpius! I hoped forever that they would explore the universe more, but like all sci-fi shows it died too soon.

In fact I now realize that Warframe reminded me of Farscape when I first saw att it. That's what drew me in, that same weirdness that you find.in Dune.

Great work, and really a clear visual concept after so short amount of time.

On 10/2/2016 at 0:05 AM, GinKenshin said:

DE could actually use this. he'd make a good human bursa or something :D 

Lol, how would you "hack" him? Brainhax???!?!

On 10/2/2016 at 0:24 AM, AM-Bunny said:

Never seen Farscape, but I just did a image search of Scorpius and was horrified you seem to have really captured his character well. A really intriguing mashup between him and Alad V!

Excellent work. Even with your 3-D art, I'm always amazed at your strength for portraying such vivid facial expressions.

On 10/2/2016 at 0:27 AM, NinjaKitsune56 said:

I'm amazed, too... so amazed that if I see this dude in any of my future missions, close proximity or not, I'm shooting him with my Kulstar, I swear.

Ahaha, thank you! Watch Farscape Scorpius is a pretty damn good villain, even though his outfit is odd... it grows on you. Or it did on me.

Thanks so much! Faces are my guilty pleasure for sculpting haha

On 10/2/2016 at 1:04 AM, (XB1)LexaHex said:

And you're not hired because...?

On 10/2/2016 at 0:26 AM, xXDeadsinxX said:

Really impressive! :)

Loool. :D Thank you!

On 10/2/2016 at 4:25 AM, Denny2669 said:

Looks like a buffed up Alad V. About time he hit the gym.

On 10/2/2016 at 5:17 AM, heskaroid said:

That is Alad when Valkyr, on instagram, threatened to track his IP address and kill him.

Hm, need to revisit that... Was hard to find a balance between Scorpius' all-black-totally-intimidating-plus-straps look and the goofy Space Clowns that are the Corpus bosses. Not goofy enough :D

22 hours ago, arch111 said:

Ooh how I enjoyed Farscape and the lovable badguy Scorpius! I hoped forever that they would explore the universe more, but like all sci-fi shows it died too soon.

In fact I now realize that Warframe reminded me of Farscape when I first saw att it. That's what drew me in, that same weirdness that you find.in Dune.

Great work, and really a clear visual concept after so short amount of time.

Yeah too soon, too soon... Maybe someday they'll revisit it all. One can always hope. I thought the writing was extremely witty, especially in the later seasons. Don't get much of that weird style and blatent risk-taking anymore. Warframe's weirdness was a big part of what drew me in, too, and why I love the boss characters so much :)

Forever working to be faster... it's a neverending challenge. I watched the Zbrush Summit Sculpt-Off over the weekend and I'm just blown away over what people can create in just 3 hours, maybe I'll be that fast too someday! This piece took me about 8 hours.

Thanks so much you guys!

A little extra thought about this guy: He's obsessed with the neural link, which he only has trace evidence of and doesn't fully understand. Like Scorpius, he's got a device that lets him into minds, and he needs to find the secret to the link so he can use it for himself. However, the Warframe mind and the Tenno mind are two different things... interpret that as you will. 

15 hours ago, (XB1)DarwinsPlanB said:

What if they used this character design when the finally get around to reworking "The Sergeant"? Or perhaps a Corpus version of Clem?

I think he's more of the standalone boss type. Snaky and vicious; the type who likes to play mind games. Could probably work for The Sergeant rework yeah.

14 hours ago, Tain_OSkoom said:
  1. Scorpius as a corpus boss.
  2. Harvey replaces Lotus as your omnipresent voice of guidance.
  3. ???
  4. Wormholes lead Sentients back to Origin system.

On an exterminate mission:
"Kill them all, Tenno! Then we can have pizza and margarita shooters!!"
Sabotage mission, after extracting a coolant rod:
"INSERT THE ROD, TENNO"
Escape mission:
He's leaning up against your restraining table and playing "Home on the Range" on a Corpus version of a harmonica.

14 hours ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

I think you should make him look a little bit grineer, to match the theme of warframe better, as scorpy is part scarren.  or you could make him partly infested.

Just an idea

Yeah my original idea was that he has some Tubeman DNA infused within him, and he has to have regular DNA stabilizer injections to keep himself from rapidly aging (there are holes on the back of his head near the backpack where either rods would be inserted or tubes would come up from the backpack to connect there). You know... Corpus have anti-aging stuff but Grineer DNA breaks down, so they'd fight each other.