Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Little bit sad about this last tactical alert.

IamRageypoo

So, I did it. I farmed it over 20 times, hoping to get that lovely rift sigil drop. Since the alert is a required 20 minute grind, that brings it to almost 7 hours of farming. To my sadness, I saw not a single rare drop. No slash mods, no sigil, mostly just 1 or 2 credit caches (of only 3000) maybe 400 endo, and some mutagen samples (not mass, but samples) 

Was anyone else disappointed by this alert? 

I was in the 'meh' camp because I heard horror stories of people trying up to 80 times.

But yeah, this TA was mostly made to distract us from the delay that is War Within. Still would be great if the sigil was locked behind a challenge instead of random luck, though.

Edited by Beggining
I ain't afraid of no ghosts

Just now, Beggining said:

I was in the 'meh' camp because I heard horror stories of people trying up to 80 times.

But yeah, this TA was mostly made to distract us from the delay that is War Within. Still would be great if the sigil was locked behind a challenge instead of random luck, though.

I thought perhaps it would be a reward after completing it 15 times or so (as other alerts like this had similar rewards) but I was surprised that nothing was awarded. 

nightwatch grineer have no droptable

so do i want to grind for 7+ hrs knowing that i will likely end up empty handed?

the answer is no

events in WF are basically never worth the time to try to grind for rewards, just do the stages and if u get lucky, great, but otherwise, dont waste your time, too many other far more productive things to do [DE specifically reduce the drop tables for enemies during events anyways]

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

It looked like a grind test to me. Maybe DE wanted to see how many people will actually go and grind for such a useless thing as a sigil. The more people grind these sort of endurance nonsense, the higher the chances are that the grind can be intensified in WF in general. If you can grind for days for a sigil, you will surely grind for something better, if you don't grind, you will surely be tempted to buy the items others grind (not the case with the sigil though).

I always ignore the "endurance" missions as non-challenging grindfest.

Just don't waste your time. Well unless you have absolutely nothing better to do. That's what I decided after last alerts. Too much grind, chance is too bad and reward isn't that good too. So for this alert I did last mission only 2 times (2nd just because I needed some syndicate standing)

4 hours ago, Beggining said:

my friend went over 80 times. He is very mad at DE for this alert and rightfully so

1 minute ago, --Q--Voltage said:

my friend went over 80 times. He is very mad at DE for this alert and rightfully so

i dont see why exactly, there is nowhere stading that youeven would get  it from there. not even an announcment i found.

soto say mostpeople can be happy that there even is extra stuff droping with a low chance.

ps: i dont have the sigil

1 minute ago, DeFragMe said:

i dont see why exactly, there is nowhere stading that youeven would get  it from there. not even an announcment i found.

soto say mostpeople can be happy that there even is extra stuff droping with a low chance.

ps: i dont have the sigil

hey, I got my sigil from Project Undermine. I think you can be pissed when you have over 80 * 20 = 1600 minutes

2 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

hey, I got my sigil from Project Undermine. I think you can be pissed when you have over 80 * 20 = 1600 minutes

well sure, but thats the same as running 20 times 60 min derelict survivalin the old days, and still notgetting those parts you need because rng wants to give you you 169th duplicate void key.

and there people did not even complain cloesly the same, compared to a sigil wich doesnt evengives mr-exp(wich tends to be most peoples complains)

12 hours ago, LethalAffliction said:

20 minutes for a 0.25% drop chance just isn't worth it man. Better off to be patient.

Took me 400ish runs of capture missions during project undermine to get it.

400 X 20m = 5.55 solid days.

A capture mission was 20 minutes long? 

15 hours ago, CY13ERPUNK said:

events in WF are basically never worth the time to try to grind for rewards, just do the stages and if u get lucky, great, but otherwise, dont waste your time, too many other far more productive things to do [DE specifically reduce the drop tables for enemies during events anyways]

Not true, the one thousand cuts and one thousand more cuts drop good mods, the electric ones, Rathuum was good too. This last one was so bad, God wtf they were thinking, "players are  upset so lets make them waste their time trying to farm with so small chances, cause they love getting out  empty handed"...

I wasn't disappointed by the rewards because I didn't bother finishing it, I was disappointed by the units.

For the past few months, many, many threads taking about difficulty had someone pipe up with something along the lines of "Reintroduce Nightwatch units, they're so much more interesting and difficult" which tended to be met with a positive response.  Yet I didn't notice a thing other than inflated stats, a new paint job, and Hyekka Masters placing Arc Traps.  Reavers were the most original (by virtue of actually being a new unit), yet they were basically tanky Hellions with a slam attack.  From the hype I expected proper squad tactics, and things like properly taking cover, suppressing fire, surrounding the target, luring overextending foes into traps, target prioritization, shielded guys moving as a group, things like that.  Instead I saw guys running straight toward the walking death dispenser to be slaughtered by the dozens just like regular units.

I was quaking in my boots when I saw the first mission was Interception.  I was expecting to have almost no chance.  I was expecting them to do underhanded things like leaving troops in reserve that stayed out of sight (legitimately hiding, not invisible Manics) to recapture nodes as soon as I leave to cap a different one, or intentionally targeting my sentinel because it's way less durable than I am and Animal Instinct offers valuable battlefield intelligence, or do things that would lock down my movement.  Nope, it was a perfectly normal mission with the sole exception of Manics outright cheating, though I guess that is underhanded in its own way.

I sometimes think people hear 0.25% drop rate chance and do not process the information in clinical way - there is some form of cognitive error that occurs.

A 0.25% drop chance means that the 

median (luck) community member will require 276 runs

90'th percentile unlucky community member will require 919 runs

99'th percentile unlucky community member will require 1,839 runs

Assuming 20 minutes a run (with no down-time) these scenarios equate to 92 hours, 306 hours and 613 hours, respectively.

If that is something you actively want to farm for....well...I hope you truly understand the task at hand. I suspect many do not and it then leads to extreme disappointment. {If you are interested in the math behind the above numbers https://forums.warframe.com/topic/494054-the-math-of-farming/

3 minutes ago, GoneBlank said:

I sometimes think people hear 0.25% drop rate chance and do not process the information in clinical way - there is some form of cognitive error that occurs.

A 0.25% drop chance means that the 

median (luck) community member will require 276 runs

90'th percentile unlucky community member will require 919 runs

99'th percentile unlucky community member will require 1,839 runs

Assuming 20 minutes a run (with no down-time) these scenarios equate to 92 hours, 306 hours and 613 hours, respectively.

If that is something you actively want to farm for....well...I hope you truly understand the task at hand. I suspect many do not and it then leads to extreme disappointment. {If you are interested in the math behind the above numbers https://forums.warframe.com/topic/494054-the-math-of-farming/

that's gross.