The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Show Me Your High-Damage Chroma builds!

(PSN)KnightGethen

It's not my video but you can show him this:

It's old video but Chrome doesn't changed at any point. Except for toxin buff with parkour 2.0

Chroma doesn't do good damage, weapons do, but Chroma buffs that damage, even by 6 times, which is one of the best abiliites.

If your friend tells that Chroma do small damage because of high armored enemies then yes, everyone do small amount of damage, that's why you need to rip of some armor.

easy, max strenght.  vitality, primed continuity and narrowminded. backflip on exilus. stand united

Ice chroma = about 70.000 effective life points  + insane damage

290% strenght  (aproximate)

150% duration (aproximate)

105% efficiency

very low range  (this is useless for chroma)

Edited by ArionLightning

2 hours ago, (PS4)gameman999 said:

They kept telling me that he's bad and doesn't do enough damage, I need to revamp my Chroma. 

BAHAHAHAHAHA that was a good laugh to start my day. Are they running trin to make their max blind rage builds viable or something? 

On topic though, while everyone provided their builds, here's a tip instead to use with the build assuming chroma works the same as when he was released.

Use a glaive/kestrel/cerata with 100 toxin damage, max Power Throw, and max Quick Return. If chroma works how i remember, he only needs to lose 100 hp to ramp up his attack power to max modded value and 400 shields to max out his modded armor value and if self damage still works with it, that means you can throw your glaive at your feet to MAX OUT your damage AT THE START OF EVERY VEX ARMOR CAST.

"Oh but there's no trinity to heal after all those self nukes and your 100 toxin damage throwing melee isn't hitting hard enough for an effective life strike." You say? Ever heard of Furis? This weak baby? YES this baby! This secondary has an augment from New Loka that let its bullets heal you when digging into your foes. Multishot, punchthrough, damn, this baby can heal you to full health in no time, and GUESS WHAT! That Vex armor buff from your self nuke makes that baby hurt, meaning you do MORE DAMAGE and with the augment on restore MORE HEALTH. Bring whatever weapon you want, chroma don't care, he'll just make it hit even harder

As far as my personal preference for Chroma, i've been testing an all out power strength build reliant on zenurik's energy regen & Chroma's Ice capabilities. It is a tad situational but feasible to make use of considering the amount of time you will be allowed to gain a single energy orb, this is the build itself ~ TGxoM35.jpg

It is a tad bit expensive, as you do need quite a bit of forma, in part for my personal use it is not complete as I would prefer to swap out the dash polarity for a V to swap Constitution out for Primed Continuity for 7 extra seconds of vex armor/elemental ward (56 seconds for both at 227% duration). While this setup is a bit expensive as previously stated, it yields the maximum amount of  armor multiplier & weapon damage boost possible for Chroma (without including growing power, you essentially regain a greater amount of EHP from the passive regen of rejuvenation as apposed to having to juggle getting a status proc for Growing Power while waiting for an energy orb to proc Energy Conversion, waaay to many stipulations prior to casting imo for an efficient build). The key for this setup is to simply gain an energy orb & cast Vex armor after energy conversion has proc'd as you don't really need to wait until you snag a second orb to cast elemental ward, vex is your tank & spank bread & butter. Upon casting Vex after energy conversion you gain a 1221% increase in armor & a 7.1x weapon damage multiplier, allowing you to decimate all in your path while taking obscene amounts of damage. Again, this setup is heavily reliant on at least having the maxed zenurik energy regen unlocked, but in those scary situations in which you are unable to snag energy conversion & need to cast vex armor, the base 299% power strength without EC proc'd gives you a 1046% armor increase & a 6.2x damage mult, which in-en of itself will pretty much give pseudo invincibility to most enemies level 100 & below. For me the task of grabbing a single energy orb is pretty easy, & for higher level content you can always cast vex without having EC proc'd & easily snag an energy orb before re-casting. I'd recommend swapping out constitution or primed continuity with rage if going against high level infested (this setup does not work well with energy-leech eximus's, the duration loss is dwarfed by the benefits of constant energy regen provided from rage's amazing combination with tanky frames.

Side Notes ~ At 45% efficiency you will need 193 available energy to cast both vex armor & elemental ward, Zenurik's passive 4 energy per second will provide you this energy back within approx. 48 seconds which is not including random energy pickups, this setup allows for both abilities to run a cast time of 49 seconds, allowing for re-casting even without getting a single energy pickup which is highly unlikely, keep your distance from disruptors & leech's as you need zenurik to keep your ability up time. Also recommend the Arcane Barrier + Arcane Grace setup as your scorn will consistently be maxed & the EHP regained from Arcane Grace proc'ing is incredible. You could also keep the dash polarity & swap out constitution for primed flow, which you would still have 42 seconds for both abilities to remain active but a better chance of keeping EC proc'd. It all depends on preference! <3

Mathums: Chroma's base armor value including steel fiber ~ 350 * (1+ 1.1) = 735 armor

With Elemental ward = 735 + (350 * 5.385) = 2619.5 Armor

With Vex Armor Included = 2619.5 * 12.21 = 31984.095 Armor total (99+% damage reduction with a total of 78392.09825 total EHP)

*P.S - No matter how tanky you may be, steer clear of high level nullifiers, they will ruin your day! <3

Edited by Mdkirk95
fixing image link

3 hours ago, ArionLightning said:

very low range  (this is useless for chroma)

You are aware that Chroma is a buffer frame right? A team buffer I might add? Should I also add that there's also an augment that supports the team? 

People seem to think his only job is looking like a badass reviving his entire team while bathing in the same pleb bullets that oneshotted them

6 minutes ago, PoobahTheGrand said:

You are aware that Chroma is a buffer frame right? A team buffer I might add? Should I also add that there's also an augment that supports the team? 

Refer to my build above. I use the augment whenever i run ice Chroma. Having an additional 428 armor is really good for squishy allies :P

27 minutes ago, PoobahTheGrand said:

People seem to think his only job is looking like a badass reviving his entire team while bathing in the same pleb bullets that oneshotted them

It simply depends on the playstyle & the player. Most run chroma with little-to-no range for soloin'g content (typically survivals or high-level defense missions), for those that are looking to buff their team they could simply invest into the vex augment & upping their range at the cost of power strength or duration. What a frame brings to the game whether it be team or solo content depends on the player, keep in mind that just because a frame has the ability to buff, does not mean that is it's sole purpose, nor does it mean that it's soley oriented towards solo-content simply because it works well in high-tier solo-situations if built for that purpose. That imo is what is most incredible about Warframe, that it allows players to jump out of the norm "expected" roles that most class based mmo's force players into fufilling. At the end of the day, as long as the person controlling the frame is enjoying the ride, that's all that matters! :D

Edited by Mdkirk95

Not near my PC to post a picture but I use this:

Stand United

Vitality

Steel Fiber

Blind Rage

Transient Fortitude

Intensify

Primed Continuity

Narrowminded

Constitution

Power Drift

So a few things to note about my build is that I rely on Zenurik's energy overflow to power up my frame. If you don't have it then you can swap Constitution for Rage, energy will never be an issue. I also have an arcane grace set on my syandana to keep me alive and arcane barrier on helmet to get the max shield discharge.

1 hour ago, PoobahTheGrand said:

Yeah this is exactly why I don't use Narrow Minded. I always use Chroma for bosses to help the team beat them quickly.

Ice Chroma:

For solo and for PUGs (Cuz it's easier to carry than communicate with PUGs)

hKbDjTo.jpg

For non Pug teams

96yBiNc.jpg

Also I run Arcane Grace and Barrier on Chroma. (Barrier so I don't have to run Vigor. Also instant shield restore is nice)

Edited by ZeroGenmu

17 hours ago, PoobahTheGrand said:

For me:  Chroma is perfect for solo playing. In team, I go in middle of battle for taking damage instead of my teammates. My powers are for me and not for supporting.

OP, it may be that your friends didn't see Chroma's awesomeness because they found him clunky, awkward or inefficient when leveling him to 30. Chroma is a phenomenal late-game Warframe, but he starts out fairly weak and with poor base values. He's always running out energy in the early levels, for example. To make Chroma awesome, you need to put some time and some good upgrades into him.