Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Vacuum Within: Hotfix #2

[DE]Megan

Here's my 2 cents... Lots of things aren't quite right, but DE needs to focus on the bigger issues. For example, people being unable to party with other players; or getting re-instanced mid-mission; or getting trapped in one area when all the doors stop opening for them and the only way to fix it is to find an environmental hazard to kill yourself with or blow yourself up if you're lucky enough to have a weapon that you can hurt yourself with at the time (Good thing the void has lots of laser traps, since that's where that bug seems to happen most often, but god forbid it happens on a grineer or corpus tileset).

As for this specific patch, I think that vacuum of 10-15m should be a free thing attached to ALL warframes, BUT specific to loot-type drops, and not functional drops like health orbs, energy orbs and life support. Also, I think health and energy orbs should have markers like life support or reactant that pop up when you drop to a certain percentage of max. That way vacuum wouldn't gobble up all the health and energy when you have a degen effect on you, but when low you would know where the orbs are. That would eliminate the issue of having to choose between vacuum disposing of energy and health, or unequipping vacuum and having to walk directly on top of every single drop. I really do think that vacuum and loot radar too, are quality of life mods that should be inherent to all frames. It's not an issue of balance, it's an issue of requiring a weaker build simply to avoid missing out on drops. "Are you just mercenaries? Fighting for scraps? Where is this so-called Tenno honor?" ... yeah, I've been trying to farm Sargas Ruk for Shattering Storm, but he does make a compelling point. It shouldn't be about fighting for scraps, it should be about epic space ninja combat. I'd even go so far as to say that if one person picks up a piece of loot, it should get awarded to everyone in the mission, if it weren't for the fact that ppl would afk like crazy if that was implemented. However, 15m loot-only vacuum would be a universally appreciated quality of life improvement. Rather than a patch that makes all the warframes suck, they could just have a a patch that equips all the warframes with a small teleportation device so they can kick &#! while the teleporter locks onto nearby loot and sends it back to the landing craft :P Just be sure to mention something about it being a small-scale teleporter, not powerful enough to teleport things like say, a hostage... for immersion purposes. lol

As for sentinels and companions in general, I think they should ALL have the companion revive mechanics and companions should stop requiring upkeep after a certain point to keep things in balance and improve QOL all around. Personally, I regularly have times where I can't log in for a week or more, and so I haven't even bothered with the Kubrow quest, bc I don't want to have to deal with managing stasis and upkeep. At the same time, I hate how sentinels are disposable in any kind of challenging environment, and even some non-challenging missions that just have lots of AoE (Sargas Ruk for example). I use Carrier Prime, because it's the tankiest sentinel, not because of vacuum/ammo-case. That said, I do like the changes in this patch, I just feel like it's a cold comfort for sentinel users since it won't make much of a difference if they all die for the rest of the mission anyway and nobody has a vacuum for the last half. That RIP vacuum feel. Feelsbadman.jpg

23 hours ago, PCPMD said:

Here's my 2 cents... Lots of things aren't quite right, but DE needs to focus on the bigger issues. For example, people being unable to party with other players; or getting re-instanced mid-mission; or getting trapped in one area when all the doors stop opening for them and the only way to fix it is to find an environmental hazard to kill yourself with or blow yourself up if you're lucky enough to have a weapon that you can hurt yourself with at the time (Good thing the void has lots of laser traps, since that's where that bug seems to happen most often, but god forbid it happens on a grineer or corpus tileset).

As for this specific patch, I think that vacuum of 10-15m should be a free thing attached to ALL warframes, BUT specific to loot-type drops, and not functional drops like health orbs, energy orbs and life support. Also, I think health and energy orbs should have markers like life support or reactant that pop up when you drop to a certain percentage of max. That way vacuum wouldn't gobble up all the health and energy when you have a degen effect on you, but when low you would know where the orbs are. That would eliminate the issue of having to choose between vacuum disposing of energy and health, or unequipping vacuum and having to walk directly on top of every single drop. I really do think that vacuum and loot radar too, are quality of life mods that should be inherent to all frames. It's not an issue of balance, it's an issue of requiring a weaker build simply to avoid missing out on drops. "Are you just mercenaries? Fighting for scraps? Where is this so-called Tenno honor?" ... yeah, I've been trying to farm Sargas Ruk for Shattering Storm, but he does make a compelling point. It shouldn't be about fighting for scraps, it should be about epic space ninja combat. I'd even go so far as to say that if one person picks up a piece of loot, it should get awarded to everyone in the mission, if it weren't for the fact that ppl would afk like crazy if that was implemented. However, 15m loot-only vacuum would be a universally appreciated quality of life improvement. Rather than a patch that makes all the warframes suck, they could just have a a patch that equips all the warframes with a small teleportation device so they can kick &#! while the teleporter locks onto nearby loot and sends it back to the landing craft :P Just be sure to mention something about it being a small-scale teleporter, not powerful enough to teleport things like say, a hostage... for immersion purposes. lol

As for sentinels and companions in general, I think they should ALL have the companion revive mechanics and companions should stop requiring upkeep after a certain point to keep things in balance and improve QOL all around. Personally, I regularly have times where I can't log in for a week or more, and so I haven't even bothered with the Kubrow quest, bc I don't want to have to deal with managing stasis and upkeep. At the same time, I hate how sentinels are disposable in any kind of challenging environment, and even some non-challenging missions that just have lots of AoE (Sargas Ruk for example). I use Carrier Prime, because it's the tankiest sentinel, not because of vacuum/ammo-case. That said, I do like the changes in this patch, I just feel like it's a cold comfort for sentinel users since it won't make much of a difference if they all die for the rest of the mission anyway and nobody has a vacuum for the last half. That RIP vacuum feel. Feelsbadman.jpg

These ideas belong in the feedback, anyhow let talk about them a bit.

~Problem with joining other player? Loading game, getting stuck at the door?

=That is actually the network, your internet, the host(known as Marked #1), or another season of DDOS attack. 

~Frames should just have all collect radius and marked radius. 

=Yeah that a good idea, but not everyone going to like it, and everyone else going to be fine with it. It just TAKE TIMES with the WW, Damage 3.0 and DE being DE. I will also mention before the close radius collect, Carrier was able to pick up loot in a room the player is in. 

PS Sentinel are weaker than Kubrow and lack what Kavat was able to do, now it kind of too equal, and much of a good going, is what we can agree on.

This update is a good thumbs up, the community love what DE manage further polish WarFrame. But you know, big Quest update take year for some reason. Well, Good Luck, and have fun.

DE keep DE in check, DE. Why yes, the Community should still give feedback DE, DE love the community, and the community love DE, they also don't like what DE has done at time, but the DE some how manage to pull through in the end. Thanks DE, and DE say "you welcome". 

Edited by DesFrSpace

Why not just give everybody 50m vacuum with instant kill 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th abilities that reach out for 150m goes through nullifiers. Doesn't consume energy and is a toggle.
Also remove AI all together, have all mobs just point towards one direction and fire one single shot every 10 seconds?

8 hours ago, Duduminador said:

Why not just give everybody 50m vacuum with instant kill 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th abilities that reach out for 150m goes through nullifiers. Doesn't consume energy and is a toggle.
Also remove AI all together, have all mobs just point towards one direction and fire one single shot every 10 seconds?

Good idea. I would enjoy that. I would enjoy too if you could stop post, I would appreciate to not loose my time with hate-calling post like yours that bring nothing in a conversation.

Your example is kind of : the entire world will be wrong if people kill each others everywhere, nobody is safe, fire falls from the sky and volcano emerge all over the earth ! Yes, in that kind of examples (as caricatural as they are), you can only be right in your error.