Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Vacuum Within: Hotfix #2

[DE]Megan

Was allrdy happy to be able to have a minimal vacuum in other sentinels... this change should make them even more cool :)

They may not look big... have some cute animations.... or even make you "care" that much when they get downed with a wp in your hud...

But we all eventually pass by our AI friends one way or another ;)

All hail the sentinel master race ^.^

Dear DE, this fix is amazing.

Now I can select any guard for missions and be completely HAPPY with this.

Dear DE, please don't touch Vacuum more, now it's fine. All my friends now really happy.

Also, dear DE, please return back players, quitting after yesterdays experiment, send email them about rework. Some of my friends by game rides out, so return back them, please.

Anyway, thanks!

I'm still baffled as to why this wasn't done in the first place, it's hard to provide constructive feedback when reasoning behind 3-splitting or reduced range are never explained in the first place (nor can I imagine any), but screw it, at least we got this far. Could be worse. Could be a here-to-stay type of cancer like nullifiers.

Now here's to hoping that kavbrows get vacuum too some day before I grow old and die.

"Open letter", I guess, @[DE]Rebecca@[DE]Steve and @[DE]Megan:

So this morning I read the latest hotfix patch, this part in particular:

12 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

From that, our new idea was to have Vacuum built into every Sentinel with a reduced range. Upon reading the constructive feedback from our Community about The Vacuum Within, it was clear we needed to make some tweaks- and here we have experimental Mutation X! Vacuum is now an equippable Mod (Precept) for all Sentinels. We have also increased the range from 6m to 12m at max rank. All current Sentinel owners will receive this Mod instantly, as well as retroactively with every Sentinel crafted or purchased- much like other default Precepts.

But ... why ?

Then I noticed that it doesn't mention the innate vacuum being removed, so I had a glimmer of hope: perhaps the mod was an option for people that wanted the old vacuum range back. But nope, I launched the game and the innate vacuum gone indeed. And that's the proverbial straw to me.

So now, I have only one question:

Great Gods in Heaven, Why ?!!!

What could possibly, even remotely make you think this is a good idea ?

Innate vacuum on all sentinels was a step in the right direction (to adress the problem of Carrier being used by 99.9% of the players, 99.9% of the time). Sure, the range reduction was a harsh price, but it was one I was willing to pay (to have vacuum without using a mod slot).

But nope, the community whiners HAD to whine, and you ([DE]) HAD to give in. You couldn't stand your ground for even a week, and let the dust settle, could you ? Nope ! 

What did you achieved in doing this ? Nothing good, 'tis what. As things are now:

• Vacuum will now pretty much be one more mandatory mod, along Serration and Multishot ones.
  • Carrier/Prime will still be THE most used sentinel, seeing as it's still the strudiest one, and it now offers a low level ammo mutation in addition to vacuuming loot.

So, congratulations to the community whiners, you're ruined Warframe. (for me, as it is now.)

Also, big thanks to [DE]: I grew more and more desillusioned of your game over the last few months, but with this last change, you helped me make my mind, and now I know what game I'll quit playing once I start a new job next month.

And now back to the regular patch notes whining:

1/ Itzal's research costs change, intended or not ?

2/ Missing enemies codex entries ?

First, thanks for listening to us. Second, the initial idea was ok. You needed only to adjust the range. Now vacuum is a new precept but sentinels already have 2 precepts or more (diriga has 3) and between the sentinel's default precepts, the other 2 usefull ones (guardian and medi-ray), animal instict, sanctuary, and the mods that the sentinels need to survive, there is no place for another precept. I think it would be better if you give vacuum as a passive to all the sentinels/companions with a range of 12 m. Or even better give it to all the warframes.

2 hours ago, iDEBz said:

Just make Vacuum passive to Warframes. It's a fast paced game not a treasure hunt. Being locked to the sentinels gives no reason to use kavats/kubrows beyond them being tanky.

Nevermind the fact that Sentinels are so darn weak that if any sort of aoe hits them a couple times they're dead. Bombards, Scorchs, Bursas, Grenades, any enemy near you when you get downed. Any of these come along and then guess what? Back to running around like a headless chicken for all the loot while getting shot at.

Several Warframe Youtubers have suggested it be passive to Warframes and it still isn't. And to think that DE are open to suggestions from said people. I'm seeing a lot of close mindedness with recent updates and starting to feel like the players are becoming less and less of a priority. If War Within doesn't deliver on the hype that DE have made it out to be after redoing the script and delaying it so many times, i'll be another Veteran who won't be returning until all this changes. Mogamu, BouseFeenux and Fait have quit, how long until the rest of the community does?

I love the work DE has done in the past but it doesn't change how things are now, after 2400 hours and $100s spent on prime access supporting the game i'd hate to see it all go to waste. Hell that's just about the only thing keeping me from quitting, i don't want to but my patience is running low.

Same. I have lost passion for this game after the "reworks" and "love" many things got. I am just logging in for the daily rewards and odd nitain alerts coz i have invested time and money in this game. That's the only thing stopping me from quitting.

4 minutes ago, Alenn_Tax said:

But ... why ?

because its TRUE. its should be implemented initially as-is, like did it now.

4 minutes ago, Alenn_Tax said:

to the regular patch notes whining:

Nobody cares.

For all the people that think this change is not good, please get ur stuff and GO if you don't like it this is what the majority of the community wanted.

I see this mod as a improvement forward and not backwards as with the passive that had 6 meters. Although sometimes the passive could work perfectly fine, It removed the once before beloved Carrier range.

People wanted old carrier back but this was not proposed, people wanted the passive range on 12 meters and people wanted the option to enable and disable the passive on the fly.
All of this resulted in making the vacuum mod universal for all sentinels, what in my eyes is perfectly fine. I see this as a huge step forwards instead of one forward and  2 back.
Pets are left out but they can't mod their internal space for vacuum, that would be a bit silly.
Pets need some kind of vacuum or just give Warframes a passive with more loot pickup range when handling pets. Or just a passive overall for Warframes

I am happy with the change and I am going to Forma my Helios to the max now, that was what I always wanted to do but never did because of loot constraints.

Peace out!!!

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Edited by TheRoaringLion

2 minutes ago, Alenn_Tax said:

Maybe You don't care; it doesn't mean that nobody does. But I don't expect you to know the difference.

it's a grinding game, and "nobody" here meaning "the vast majority of people". But I don't expect you to know the difference.

So this fix is good and bad at the same time, but I don't really mind that.

What triggers me the most is that research resources and oxium (and potentially tellurium, haven't payed attention) are still using the resource cake models instead of fancy new 3D models. You've had how many hotfix occasions to add this now already DE?

Thanks for the update! If you care for feedback in comments here, I was finding the vac ability far too weak for my liking, and I couldn't increase it even on the "carrier" who's name kinda implies he is particularly good at that, so I fully support the newest revision. Full range vac as a passive for all sentinels might have been just a little too good, so making it a universal mod is a good way to go. I know you added the carrier-only ammo pickup mod to compensate for the loss of his uniqueness and I wouldn't really see that undone, but perhaps Carriers could have a small passive bonus to vac? Either a tiny chance of extra loot, kavat-style or energy/health/otherwise, or a slight bonus to vac range? or even not require the Vaccum mod at all to achieve the same vac range as the other sentinels? (full range passive vac on Carrier only?)

Anyway thanks again- I might even take something other than Carrier Prime with me today! :D

<3

32 minutes ago, TheRoaringLion said:

Pets are left out but they can't mod their internal space for vacuum, that would be a bit silly.
Pets need some kind of vacuum or just give Warframes a passive with more loot pickup range when handling pets. Or just a passive overall for Warframes

This post gave me a slightly amusing idea! How about an Auxiliary attachment for pets that is a vacuum device? :D Like a Dyson strapped to their back, somewhat literally? or a planetary resource extractor lol

*edit* I can see it now! Your pet kinda braces for impact and does that front legs forwards/downwards bow move aminals do, before the vac creates something similar to a simulor bubble at its intake and sucks nearby stuff in

Edited by outseeker

17 minutes ago, outseeker said:

This post gave me a slightly amusing idea! How about an Auxiliary attachment for pets that is a vacuum device? :D Like a Dyson strapped to their back, somewhat literally? or a planetary resource extractor lol

*edit* I can see it now! Your pet kinda braces for impact and does that front legs forwards/downwards bow move aminals do, before the vac creates something similar to a simulor bubble at its intake and sucks nearby stuff in

WUT you say that a symulor is a thing sorry but it takes enough modding space on pets already, well strapping a dyson instead a collar that functions like a vacuum seems a lot better.

Thing is tho Cats don't like collars so this is still a thing to chat about but I can see cats having a collar too, as the Warframe kubrow one is not as restricting.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Edited by TheRoaringLion

1 hour ago, Alenn_Tax said:

But ... why ?

Then I noticed that it doesn't mention the innate vacuum being removed, so I had a glimmer of hope: perhaps the mod was an option for people that wanted the old vacuum range back. But nope, I launched the game and the innate vacuum gone indeed. And that's the proverbial straw to me.

So now, I have only one question:

Great Gods in Heaven, Why ?!!!

What could possibly, even remotely make you think this is a good idea ?

Innate vacuum on all sentinels was a step in the right direction (to adress the problem of Carrier being used by 99.9% of the players, 99.9% of the time). Sure, the range reduction was a harsh price, but it was one I was willing to pay (to have vacuum without using a mod slot).

But nope, the community whiners HAD to whine, and you ([DE]) HAD to give in. You couldn't stand your ground for even a week, and let the dust settle, could you ? Nope ! 

What did you achieved in doing this ? Nothing good, 'tis what. As things are now:

• Vacuum will now pretty much be one more mandatory mod, along Serration and Multishot ones.
  • Carrier/Prime will still be THE most used sentinel, seeing as it's still the strudiest one, and it now offers a low level ammo mutation in addition to vacuuming loot.

So, congratulations to the community whiners, you're ruined Warframe. (for me, as it is now.)

Also, big thanks to [DE]: I grew more and more desillusioned of your game over the last few months, but with this last change, you helped me make my mind, and now I know what game I'll quit playing once I start a new job next month.

And now back to the regular patch notes whining:

2/ Missing enemies codex entries ?

I was just about to write up a feedback post about how amazing and free-ing the innate 6m vacuum felt to play across the whole range of Sentinels; and that it was great that Carrier finally had a precept that was strategically unique. I was even looking forward to see the play data that came from the change -- but alas this moment was short-lived.

Options are always good. I too would really second the idea of an optional mod for range extension on an innate vacuum.

Edited by RunningTree3