Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How about trade feedback?

(PSN)HAHAHA-OH-WOW

I do a lot of trading. With that comes a lot of of happy customers, and a few dissatisfied ones. Mostly the dissatisfied ones are only due to miscommunications(Looking at you guy who yelled at me for not slotting a rank 5 spoiled strike because no such thing exists.)

The unfortunate thing is that people who get burned, or feel they get burned, tend to have a bad habit of instantly going to trade chat and ranting about what kind of terrible person you are.  Which can hurt your reputation regardless of if they're being truthful, and there's no system in place to counter balance that.

I'm not suggesting full blown Tenno-zon style reviews  but a simple thumbs up thumbs down system which translates to a satisfaction percentage might help keep traders in check, and also help buyers avoid people who try to shortchange or or scam.  

It's clearly not a necessity. Trade has gotten along fine without it up to this point, and I'm not going to pretend to know how easy or hard it would be to implement. 

Just an idea I thought I'd share. 

Hi im looking for a ember bp.I have been looking for the ember bp for a while now and have had no such luck.so i have resorted to the web hopeing that someone kind enough would give the ember bp for vengful rev primed continuity and 148p, and Primed flow. if you are nice enough to give it to me for the items i listed, message my gamertag Lord Vermire.

33 minutes ago, (XB1)Lord Vermire said:

Hi im looking for a ember bp.I have been looking for the ember bp for a while now and have had no such luck.so i have resorted to the web hopeing that someone kind enough would give the ember bp for vengful rev primed continuity and 148p, and Primed flow. if you are nice enough to give it to me for the items i listed, message my gamertag Lord Vermire.

Keep the prime mods...these are mandatory for every build...i think ember prime will return for christmas :) 

I think trade is fine the way it is. Every suggestion is to make it more stable. I think what makes warframe unique is a Non Grand Exchange/Auction house, and an unstable free market where buying and selling is a gamble such as Tempo Royale coming from Baro, or an event mod coming from Baro/released. I think re only thing the Devs should do is organize tabs more of Buy/Sell or what type of item you are looking for/selling. Other than that I don't see any reason to touch the trading system.

Edit: this can be abused by clan mates upvoting and randoms downvoting for trolling or boosting. People will downvote you if you didn't give them ember BP for 100p when it's worth much more

Edited by --Q--Voltage

It would be nice to have some sort of in-game reporting system (console-wise). I'm tiring of seeing the same person posting everyday, "Got a 75% market coupon expiring soon, PM if you want to use it". Till this day, I still don't understand what drive people to intentionally do malicious acts. 

@--Q--Voltage People will always find a way to exploit/abuse any system. It's human nature. How about a reputation system similar to forum? Either up-vote or non. Of course, a 1000 members clan Warlord can still ask his fellow mates to up-vote him...

Maybe keeping it restricted simply to people you've actually completed trades with would help lessen nepotism and help make an up vote only system viable. 

And if if you feel like the other guy was pushy or charged you more than you wanted or whatever you simply don't give them an up vote and go your separate ways. 

Edited by (PS4)HAHAHA-OH-WOW

4 hours ago, (PS4)HAHAHA-OH-WOW said:

I do a lot of trading. With that comes a lot of of happy customers, and a few dissatisfied ones. Mostly the dissatisfied ones are only due to miscommunications(Looking at you guy who yelled at me for not slotting a rank 5 spoiled strike because no such thing exists.)

The unfortunate thing is that people who get burned, or feel they get burned, tend to have a bad habit of instantly going to trade chat and ranting about what kind of terrible person you are.  Which can hurt your reputation regardless of if they're being truthful, and there's no system in place to counter balance that.

I'm not suggesting full blown Tenno-zon style reviews  but a simple thumbs up thumbs down system which translates to a satisfaction percentage might help keep traders in check, and also help buyers avoid people who try to shortchange or or scam.  

It's clearly not a necessity. Trade has gotten along fine without it up to this point, and I'm not going to pretend to know how easy or hard it would be to implement. 

Just an idea I thought I'd share. 

In your example, the ratings would be worse for the player.  If someone bad mouths you in the trade chat, what does it matter?  With the crazy names in the game, no one remembers them anyways.  But with your rating system, that thumbs down would follow the tenno.

Anyway, how is someone dissatisfied with a trade?

2 hours ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

It would be nice to have some sort of in-game reporting system (console-wise). I'm tiring of seeing the same person posting everyday, "Got a 75% market coupon expiring soon, PM if you want to use it". Till this day, I still don't understand what drive people to intentionally do malicious acts. 

@--Q--Voltage People will always find a way to exploit/abuse any system. It's human nature. How about a reputation system similar to forum? Either up-vote or non. Of course, a 1000 members clan Warlord can still ask his fellow mates to up-vote him...

That would be cool, i mean I just don't to see warframe be like Steam where a scammer gets some buddies to go +rep and then scam a nieve individual. I like your idea of +rep or none. There could be a system of the server seeing if the trade was legit, If it's an ammo drum for an accelerated blast, and both are in same clan and +rep, it won't count, or all friends/clan mates cannot upvote your profile