The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discount 75% - How to increase it's apperance chances?

Rokador

Question

Howdy!

I'm waiting for this discount for very long time, but since month I had 0 of those. I have 20$ to spend on this game, but I need discount for it. So is there is any way to increase discount rate? Does resetting my log-in streak increases this chance? Halp!

10 hours ago, Mandomness said:

you_are_wrong.jpg

You just got really lucky. Taking a break from the game doesn't change the way rewards are weighted in the slightest. The only way to increase your chance for rarer drops is by getting a higher mastery rank.

Almost every time I take a break, I log back in to a Plat discount of one sort or another. So does my coop partner.

It helps if you spend first, I think. Let DE see you support the game. Buy play once or twice. Then take a break to prevent burnout.

10 hours ago, SergeiTheBeast said:

I've played for almost 3 years now and only gotten the 75% off discount once. ton's of the 20% though.

I got 20% once and 50% twice but I got 75% more than 20times.

I started 1.5years ago.

RNG is strong in this one.

Edited by Doxorn

14 hours ago, Thyriell said:

As someone who has lived in multiple countries of varying wealth (read: 1st world vs developing), and has a lot of friends who log in once a week, I feel as though skipping consecutive logins and living in a poorer country I was getting the most discounts. 4-5 When both were true in 9 months.

Then again, that's all just speculation. There are players out there who claim to never have seen a 75% discount since they began playing.

Hmm.  Maybe day 1 rewards are skewed to be better like the old login reward system.

Edited by Toastertron3000
clarification / making it less rude

The correct answer its: There is no way to know it as there nothing from DE about how that system works.

There is a hypothesis that not logging for some days will somehow increase drastically your chances of getting the bonus, I heard of some people saying it works, my friend needed the bonus, he tried, and he got it just as the hypothesis predicts, he was absent for 2 days.

But saying it worked for you its not the same as assert it works this way as if it were a fact, people who claim to know how it works without any way of backing it up with DE info are either being deceptive, irresponsible or most probably (hopefully) just ignorant on how to properly engage subjects you just have no way to know the answer.

1 hour ago, KiryuKusakabe said:

i only get the 75 and 50% discounts when i have no money to spend on plat

i get coupons a lot, but I don't buy plat (anymore) because of bad tutorials when I was new and wasting 20 bucks when I didn't need to

Edited by --Q--Voltage

32 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Really, because EVERY time I have taken a break, and also tested on dumby alt accounts, it works everytime.

Maybe for you.  But I can say that strategy has never worked for me.  

Since it never worked for me, I can say with 100% certainty that it doesn't work EVERY time. 

1 hour ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Really, because EVERY time I have taken a break, and also tested on dumby alt accounts, it works everytime.

This is in direct contrast to my experiences with it.  Up until recently, I've gotten the 75% quite often without taking breaks from logging in.  You could almost say that I've gotten at least one every month. 

lower MR level and credits supposedly help RNG chance

Taking a gap can get you a discount but even thats not a guaranteed 75%, I've done it a couple of times and all I got was 20% and 50%....

I haven't actually seen a 75% discount for months and I'd like to buy some more plat to support the devs but there's no way on this planet I'm paying £66 for 2100 platinum, let alone £130 for the 4300...those prices are just ludicrous.

IMO DE would sell more plat if they had a constantly lower price, ie made it an impulse purchase price (the -75% price) rather than having it high and having people wait for the 75% discounts which rarely turn up...

Edited by LSG501

This is one of the most debated topics on the forums that isn't related to gameplay.

This is, in point of fact, entirely RNG.

Purchasing plat (at any level of discount, including no discount) seems to increase the chance that you'll receive a discount of some level in the future - this is unproven and is based only on incidental evidence and not hard science.