The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

body diversity in lady frames

senatorspade

How about we get some fat/curvy operators instead?

Sitting on your butt all day contolling a Warframe does not exactly burn a lot of calories.

Speaking from personal experience here.

Edited by Freakiq

10 minutes ago, Freakiq said:

How about we get some fat/curvy operators instead?

Sitting on your butt all day contolling a Warframe does not exactly burn a lot of calories.

Speaking from personal experience here.

I mean, do they even eat? That's the real question.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)EVILFLUFFMONSTER said:

Well for diversitys sake I would welcome any different body types. After all, the frame is a suit and can be any shape at all. Personally I would like completely asexual mechanical shapes, as well as more animal based shapes too.

Spoiler

Image result for werewolf frame warframeWerewolf -frame anyone?

I mean I think OP wants something like this:

Image result for werewolf frame warframe She ain't over the top like Zarya from Overwatch but she still seems to be muscular and bulky just like Rhino and Atlas. Personally, am digging the theme and the design.

Edited by Ibro156

Just now, Ibro156 said:

This is a great opportunity to sell us more decorations!

There could be a vending machine in the back of the liset, or maybe a few bags of crisps stacked around the operator's pod.

1 minute ago, (PS4)EVILFLUFFMONSTER said:

Thats exactly the sort of stuff I would like. Ive even suggested werewolf frames before myself, so thats great - nice design too. The manic grin reminds me of stitch (disney)lol.

It ain't mine. It just ten seconds of googling. I'll try and draw something myself.

26 minutes ago, (XB1)TheRoflLizard said:

26 minutes ago, (XB1)TheRoflLizard said:

For the life of me, I can't handle even quoting properly. 

Anyways, here's a rough sketch of lion war maiden. Didn't really put any details, since I was directly drawing with markers.

http://m.imgur.com/YKC5BEB

I want one of her abilities to be able to pick up a single enemy and throw at other group of enemies for aoe knockdown. Also, her passive to be increased damage reduction  when using sword and shield. 

7 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for werewolf frame warframe She ain't over the top like Zarya from Overwatch but she still seems to be muscular and bulky just like Rhino and Atlas. Personally, am digging the theme and the design.

yes absolutely! that is a great design, who drew it??

15 minutes ago, (PS4)EVILFLUFFMONSTER said:

Well for diversitys sake I would welcome any different body types. After all, the frame is a suit and can be any shape at all. Personally I would like completely asexual mechanical shapes, as well as more animal based shapes too.

you mean androgenous? 

I support diversity not for any body pride type things (nothing against them) but due to the fact that female 'frames having to look conventionally beautiful ruins what themes they can pull off.  Look at Saryn, given that she is the plague 'frame, I expect her to look like some sort of diseased ghoul.  Instead, we get boobs, high heels and flowers.  Nekros and Inaros show that they are willing to make horrific males when it fits the theme.  I do not explicitly want creepy female 'frames, but was just using that as an example of how DE's obsession with conventional beauty reduces their creativity in aesthetics.

23 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

Reveal hidden contents

That looks awesome. I can definitely get into that theme.

40 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

That looks bad-****ing-a$$.

I would definitely support a frame like this being added to the game.

Doesn't look all that bulky either compared to male frames either.

Edited by Tricky5hift

47 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

Image result for werewolf frame warframe

The only thing is no one is really fighting against this body type. They are fighting against a body type that looks like the person takes more hormones then cattle on a production farm before the 60's. Which comes from OP's second post about Zarya being a "great example".

Edited by Postal_pat

19 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

That looks bad-****ing-a$$.

I would definitely support a frame like this being added to the game.

Doesn't look all that bulky either compared to male frames either.

But compared to female frames, its probably is the bulkiest of them all (including Val)

9 hours ago, tyranno66 said:

Thing is- warframes have "sporty" body types. Frames like Nezha and Nekros have athletic body types while frames like rhino and chroma are like professional bodybuilders. Zarya from Overwatch has what you people call an "unrealistic body type" since for a woman to get that big she needs not only extensive dieting and exercise, she needs to fill herself up with hormones and steroids to the point that she doesn't look feminine. Female "sporty" body types are generally slender and the most close to life one for actual female wrestlers and stuff is Valkyr. I also can't imagine how a fat frame would be able to do any of the stuff we do (the male frames are armored- big difference). Not only that, you have the bansee soprana skin- that one is more "curvy".

Hate to sound like an &#! but. You do realize you are trying to reason with a SJW right?

7 minutes ago, Azur_Fenix said:

Hate to sound like an &#! but. You do realize you are trying to reason with a SJW right?

Heh heh, calling someone an SJW is exactly like calling someone a sexist, just from the other side. I haven't seen anyone in here act like the stereotypical SJW, so I get the impression you're just trying to start drama. Please don't do that.

ohhh myyy goddddd you guys I'm just. making a suggestion. y'all acting like im some man-hating misandrist SJW. The moment ANYONE says anything remotely to do with feminism, people sneer and attack you... like sorry for wanting to help people, women, feel accepted and comfortable with themselves??? 

Edited by senatorspade

1 minute ago, senatorspade said:

ohhh myyy goddddd you guys I'm just. making a suggestion. y'all acting like im some man-hating misandrist SJW. The moment ANYONE says anything remotely to do with feminism, people sneer and attack you... like sorry for wanting to help people feel accepted and comfortable with themselves??? 

Please refrain from exaggerating others' posts, you'll start something worse. Personally, I'd prefer if we can reason rationally with gameplay, lore, and other conventions as evidence.

Thank you :)

11 hours ago, tnccs215 said:

Rhino is perfectly acceptable though.

/s

Reveal hidden contents

dammit. I said I wouldn't comment.

Rhino's not that big, he has a gym type body. The most average looking male frame is Vauban. The rest are super fit, without any real features defining them. Rhino's the standout there.

There are more fit body types that could work for females in waframe, but since we also have Vauban, we could do with an "average" type as well. I'd argue the female frames have more physical overall design than the males. There's simple more mass difference and curvature difference.

More diversity is always better, but don't get sarcastic until you take a wholesome look.