Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What would you say if DE put... Arcanes in Sorties?

_Rue_

On 10/10/2016 at 8:46 AM, _Rue_ said:

Before you freak out, please read on.

I'm thinking that the more common Arcanes should be "cycled" as one of those one per season sortie rewards (like the lenses...) because of the following:

1. Remove them from TRIAL (new edit) drop tables so TRIAL players can get a chance at the rare reward they want
  2. it serves as an "intro to Arcanes" for newer players and entice them to get better ones from sorties

I bet there are tons of other ways this can be done, and i think as a community we can flesh it out?

Or this might just be an ill-conceived spur-of-the-moment kind of thing.

What do you think?

Also consider this:

I'd rather play sorties than try to get a crew to run the same raids over and over again.

3 hours ago, VCaptiion said:
  1. Vaulted prime parts -> Derelict Missions
  2. "Exclusive" event mods -> Non-void Sabotage Missions
  3. Assassin Beacons -> Sorties
  4. Lens -> Cephalon Simaris
  5. Neural Sensors -> Void Missions

Not sure about Arcanes because I don't think these are necessary for normal gameplay.

They're not necessary but they sure as hell are great. Imagine picking up an energy orb and triggering a 40% chance to get 125 energy instead of just 25, that exists

But I'm on the fence about arcanes being in Sorties. They should be unique arcanes, not ones that already exist and that some of us have actually worked for

1 hour ago, NGSBRReAPeR said:

Not if they're unique

Plus, DE wouldn't even dare put rare arcanes like grace and energize in Sorties, they plat sales would go down and so would player happiness. 

Yes but more chance to get rare arcanes in raids would mean more stock with not enough buyers. Also the junk arcanes are still as useless as the current sortie rewards.

8 hours ago, (PS4)HR_Pufnstuf_1984 said:

Yes but more chance to get rare arcanes in raids would mean more stock with not enough buyers. Also the junk arcanes are still as useless as the current sortie rewards.

Then, leave those arcanes alone. What the other guy means is new Arcanes to be made that only comes from Sorties.

1 hour ago, (PS4)ArnnFrost said:

I would totally appreciate this idea, I can't find myself any good raiders to teach me nor do I have that much time ingame uninterrupted (responsibilities... the gamer's worst enemy after the lag)

Raid School Bus probably helps everyone. Go find 'em when you've free time on your hands.

The only issue I have with this is that most of the common ones are outright trash and this would require more completions until we get endo every day, which is the only reason I bother running them at all. Now, if it were the better ones, sure, at least those are useful. As it stands, I'd much rather get even 2k endo than Arcane Ice/Healing/etc.

In my opinion, this would just dilute the reward table away from the "good" rewards for longer.

Additionally, raid as a game type was removed. It was replaced by survival years ago. The raids in Warframe are called Trials, that's why your wiki searches are giving you "bad" info.

Edited by Racter

On 13/10/2016 at 11:30 PM, BlackCoMerc said:

Or...you could waste hours trying to find a team, waste 100k credits on nothing but making them back again and get Arcanes so bad no one will pay you for them.

Which is far more likely than your scenario.

Your telling me you are not in a clan if you can't find a team your clan is not right for you ;)

On 10/10/2016 at 1:46 PM, _Rue_ said:

I'm thinking that the more common Arcanes should be "cycled" as one of those one per season sortie rewards (like the lenses...)

Anything that prevents unique content/rewards being locked behind player-toxic-forced-teaming-content (Like the trials) will be actively encouraged by me.

If people actively want to run forced-teaming content and put up with the increased drama and toxicity that all games with forced-teaming-content generate, than thats great, but interesting content and rewards shouldn't be locked behind such a toxic (and thus) unpopular (according to DE's numbers) game mode.

Also: Sorties were sold on being "Optional hard content for those who wanted that sort of thing" and yet the majority of the rewards are bizarrely mundane and unsuited to the intended difficulty scale of the content, Arcanes would suit it much more.

Edited by SilentMobius

On 10/10/2016 at 8:55 AM, DawnThade said:

Good Idea but lets first convince DE to put nezha in the dojo tenno lab and move lenses to be rare drops on the moon. Then we'll have enough empty space to add arcanes to sorties without any further dilution of the reward table.

To add: What if the Clan has to search for the Unique clan research parts of Nezha to be able to have it as a item?.

19 hours ago, mikami666134 said:

This is the proof that the current raid/trial system is broken af

It's not broken, there are so little bugs that are ACTUALLY annoying in raids. Most bugs are just funny "get out the map" bugs...And the black door of doom in JV

It's just that people don't know what the Warframe Raids Schoolbus is,. They should make it an official community you can join after hitting like MR5 or something (And give use to that lonely console in the left side of the Orbiter)

50 minutes ago, NGSBRReAPeR said:

It's not broken, there are so little bugs that are ACTUALLY annoying in raids. Most bugs are just funny "get out the map" bugs...And the black door of doom in JV

It's just that people don't know what the Warframe Raids Schoolbus is,. They should make it an official community you can join after hitting like MR5 or something (And give use to that lonely console in the left side of the Orbiter)

Hahaha xD I'd like a mentor program, but I'm a horrible person. 

1 hour ago, NGSBRReAPeR said:

I think you misinterpreted my statements.

I know what the warframe raid schoolbus is and that is also the proof of how bad 'raiding' in warframe is. Get my point?

Doing trial missions require the players to bring a specific set of frames and the general playstyle that we did while raiding is not enjoyable at all. it's like playing an idle game (as someone from another thread said). Warframe is not (at least that's not what DE meant it to be; judging by previous updates) an idler.

8 minutes ago, mikami666134 said:

I think you misinterpreted my statements.

I know what the warframe raid schoolbus is and that is also the proof of how bad 'raiding' in warframe is. Get my point?

Doing trial missions require the players to bring a specific set of frames and the general playstyle that we did while raiding is not enjoyable at all. it's like playing an idle game (as someone from another thread said). Warframe is not (at least that's not what DE meant it to be; judging by previous updates) an idler.

Well Id peronally like to have a raid be a giant mega boss fight.