Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Prime

(XBOX)superspy96

Question

No need for the P.S because that's others opinion and only their opinion. What matters is what you think and believe.

On that note I will also mention Soma Prime does not suck, it is in fact a very good rifle.

yoqCNSn.jpg

Here is my build that I have been using since the exact day Soma Prime was releashed. I went and ran my butt off through the void to get it, and then I did everything I could and got 4 forma in it all within 12 hours from release and, I have been using the same build ever since. I just change elements around to better fit what I am fighting. For example, Corrosive was always good against infested and Corrupted(Heavy Gunner) too.

Now on switch I would use Radiation for Grineer because armor is always the most absorbent and if you specialized for armor you would do more damage than you would if you specialized for health. Which Health on Grineer you would use Viral for Cloned Flesh.

cdP5GLO.jpg

Now I realize that with the Acolyte mods being out there you could get better damage with like Argon Scope for those Red Crits on headshots, or Bladed Rounds for that extra buff in Critical Damage, but that's entirely up to you. Personally I have been using this build since day 1 as I stated, and I still use and love this build. Shred is where you lower your ammo consumption because you will hit more enemies with less ammo spent and therefore, will require less.

Cool Fact: Soma Primed and Nova Prime go very well together, and were my choice of weapons to fight and kill Assassinate targets with because the way they worked together it made Crit weapons the boss killers.

I forgot Corpus. Magnetic for shields, or use pure toxin for bypass shields and hit directly to their health. Or use toxin and bane of corpus(perfect use of that Primed Bane Of Corpus you've been shaking your head at).

Edited by Alcatraz
Forgot to mention what to use on Corpus.

1 hour ago, (XB1)superspy96 said:

PS: And I know there's gonna be that kid that says "Soma Prime succckkks" 

There are people who think it sucks? Really? Last I checked Soma Prime is still considered apart of meta power creep even though its a fairly old gun at this point. Boltor Prime has lost some of it's luster, but the Sons stayed up there.

Anyways, here is my Soma build I was trying out with Chroma.

1 hour ago, Alcatraz said:

No need for the P.S because that's others opinion and only their opinion. What matters is what you think and believe.

On that note I will also mention Soma Prime does not suck, it is in fact a very good rifle.

yoqCNSn.jpg

Here is my build that I have been using since the exact day Soma Prime was releashed. I went and ran my butt off through the void to get it, and then I did everything I could and got 4 forma in it all within 12 hours from release and, I have been using the same build ever since. I just change elements around to better fit what I am fighting. For example, Corrosive was always good against infested and Corrupted(Heavy Gunner) too.

Now on switch I would use Radiation for Grineer because armor is always the most absorbent and if you specialized for armor you would do more damage than you would if you specialized for health. Which Health on Grineer you would use Viral for Cloned Flesh.

cdP5GLO.jpg

Now I realize that with the Acolyte mods being out there you could get better damage with like Argon Scope for those Red Crits on headshots, or Bladed Rounds for that extra buff in Critical Damage, but that's entirely up to you. Personally I have been using this build since day 1 as I stated, and I still use and love this build. Shred is where you lower your ammo consumption because you will hit more enemies with less ammo spent and therefore, will require less.

Cool Fact: Soma Primed and Nova Prime go very well together, and were my choice of weapons to fight and kill Assassinate targets with because the way they worked together it made Crit weapons the boss killers.

I forgot Corpus. Magnetic for shields, or use pure toxin for bypass shields and hit directly to their health. Or use toxin and bane of corpus(perfect use of that Primed Bane Of Corpus you've been shaking your head at).

This build minus the hc and put argon scope.

For elementals grineer go rad,viral or p bane of grineer viral for high levels. For normal go radiation,toxin to take care of alloy and ferrite armor.

Corpus magnetic and p bane of corpus or magnetic,toxin or viral.

For void corrosive,cold as cold gives you better damage against alloy armor and shield. Or go corr, fire if you want straight up dps.

For 4xcp just run viral electric or fire where you decide you want cc or dps.

17 minutes ago, SharkPot said:

For elementals grineer go rad,viral or p bane of grineer viral for high levels. For normal go radiation,toxin to take care of alloy and ferrite armor.

For void corrosive,cold as cold gives you better damage against alloy armor and shield. Or go corr, fire if you want straight up dps.

Unless in a party with 4x CP you always want a corrosive built weapon at high levels. Viral/Radiation just can't keep up with damage caused by armor stripping at higher levels. My corrosive only soma always out performs my rad/vir soma on same level enemies past Lv60. So really, for Grineer, you're using the same setup you would for void.

Don't decrease fire rate, just press fire less often with build of that guy. Obviously with something in place of that Heavy Caliber, either argon scope or ammo mutation.

Soma does have ammo issues once enemies get higher, using new carrier ability is decent for that, on top of some ammo restores just in case.

Personally I rather Dex Sybaris for that kind of gameplay.

...and honestly, just grab decent melee weapon with long reach, pimp it and use till you are mr 12+. Soma is still decent but its far behind ez mode aoe weapons like synoid simulor, and with how strong melee weapons are everything is behind those.

24 minutes ago, ViS4GE said:

Don't decrease fire rate, just press fire less often with build of that guy. Obviously with something in place of that Heavy Caliber, either argon scope or ammo mutation.

Soma does have ammo issues once enemies get higher, using new carrier ability is decent for that, on top of some ammo restores just in case.

Personally I rather Dex Sybaris for that kind of gameplay.

...and honestly, just grab decent melee weapon with long reach, pimp it and use till you are mr 12+. Soma is still decent but its far behind ez mode aoe weapons like synoid simulor, and with how strong melee weapons are everything is behind those.

Now that doesn't help anybody. He was asking about Soma Prime and everyone kept to it exclusively. We all could of gone with your meta and just suggested to use Tigris, use tonkor, simulor, blah blah blah.

Not everyone has a Dex Sybaris.

To everyone removing Heavy Caliber. Think on that better because you're actually reducing your damage overall with Argon Scope. And you're also recommending a very expensive mod to someone who may not have access to the mod, which is more shiney and less effective than what Heavy Caliber is. Now perhaps Heavy Caliber is too much to max out, but at max rank with this whole setup you're dealing around 1400-1500 damage, replace it with Argon and you're dealing 1200.That's reduced damage per second as well.

To be more exact, 1,426 with HC with AS 1263 but dps drops considerably. By far better off using Bladed Rounds over Argon Scope if you remove Heavy Caliber. You'd do better to replace Shred with Bladed Rounds and have 2,168 overall damage with crits. That may be on kill but, you're going to be killing all the time so it does not matter, it makes up for itself. It may be another mod that he does not have access to, but it is by far a cheaper, more wallet friendly if you will, mod than Argon Scope.

Edited by Alcatraz

1 minute ago, Alcatraz said:

Now that doesn't help anybody. He was asking about Soma Prime and everyone kept to it exclusively. We all could of gone with your meta and just suggested to use Tigris, use tonkor, simulor, blah blah blah.

Not everyone has a Dex Sybaris.

To everyone removing Heavy Caliber. Think on that better because you're actually reducing your damage overall with Argon Scope. And you're also recommending a very expensive mod to someone who may not have access to the mod, which is more shiney and less effective than what Heavy Caliber is. Now perhaps Heavy Caliber is too much to max out, but at max rank with this whole setup you're dealing around 1400-1500 damage, replace it with Argon and you're dealing 1200.That's reduced damage per second as well.

To be more exact, 1,426 with HC with AS 1263 but dps drops considerably. By far better off using Bladed Rounds over Argon Scope if you remove Heavy Caliber. You'd do better to replace Shred with Bladed Rounds and have 2,168 overall damage with crits. That may be on kill, but you're going to be killing all the time so it does not matter, it makes up for itself. But It may be another mod that he does not have access to, but it is by far cheaper, more wallet friendly if you will.

I gave him general advice which also included soma. You don't need to like it.

You are reducing your dmg far more by using heavy caliber and then missing half of your headshots.

@ViS4GE But take 2 shots to the head to kill it while I take 1 shot to the head to kill it? Soma Doesn't suffer greatly from reduced Accuracy unless you're trying sniper shots from 40 metres away. Then at that point I would say sure, go with Argon Scope. Still better off using Bladed Rounds over that if you were to replace Heavy caliber with either.

Edited by Alcatraz

Just now, Alcatraz said:

@ViS4GE But take 2 shots to the head to kill it while I take 1 shot to the head to kill it? Soma Doesn't suffer greatly from reduced Accuracy unless you're trying sniper shots from 40 metres away. Then at the point I would say sure, go with Argon Scope. Still better off using Bladed Rounds over that if you were to replace Heavy caliber with either.

Bladed Rounds vs Argon Scope is debatable, use whatever you feel like using. I'd go with argon just because seeing red numbers is more fun.

The fact that you are murdering your accuracy by using Heavy Caliber is not debatable.

2 hours ago, ShiraHagane said:

critical delay, decreases fire rate, and increases crit chance

And decreases effective dps.

This gun relies very heavily on RoF.

Your best build will be one elemental combo, the usual crit mods, serration, HC, split chamber, with one slot left open for something else, usually shred. You could go even more into crit if you can give up the punchthrough and HC for argon scope and bladed round. Or you can go sub vile acceleration for shred for extreme dps at the cost of punchthough.

What exact choices you make will be dictated by playstyle. Some like using the gun as a precision weapon. Others prefer the bullet hose method and burst fire techniques. Keep in mind, though, that the gun has very low base damage and relies very heavily on crit damage and RoF.

2 hours ago, (PS4)FunyFlyBoy said:

Unless in a party with 4x CP you always want a corrosive built weapon at high levels. Viral/Radiation just can't keep up with damage caused by armor stripping at higher levels. My corrosive only soma always out performs my rad/vir soma on same level enemies past Lv60. So really, for Grineer, you're using the same setup you would for void.

I use dex sybaris and it pretty much goes corr only, but you never go into high lvl grineer or void w/o 4xcp anyways. You would be surprised when you know how many actually know or use cp.

3 hours ago, (PS4)FunyFlyBoy said:

There are people who think it sucks? Really? Last I checked Soma Prime is still considered apart of meta power creep even though its a fairly old gun at this point. Boltor Prime has lost some of it's luster, but the Sons stayed up there.

Anyways, here is my Soma build I was trying out with Chroma.

Yes there are people who say it sucks, I'm no fan of the Soma but that is a personal preference thing I don't like spray guns.

14 minutes ago, SharkPot said:

I use dex sybaris and it pretty much goes corr only, but you never go into high lvl grineer or void w/o 4xcp anyways. You would be surprised when you know how many actually know or use cp.

That's a PC phenomenon. In the two years of playing this game I have rarely seen 4x CP, hell, rarely seen two or three happen, in PUGs. It's whatever they feel like; most of the tome that being Energy Siphon. I was pleasantly surprised, and practically had a hard-on when I wound up in a PUG full CP for a Grineer Sortie run. Even my party members were all surprised we all ran CP and commented it was a rare sight to see in a sortie. Same applied to Void even in T4 defense/survival.

1 minute ago, SilvaDreams said:

Yes there are people who say it sucks, I'm no fan of the Soma but that is a personal preference thing I don't like spray guns.

Disliking a type of weapon and outright saying the weapon is crap is two different things. It sucks for you because it's a spray weapon, cool. No harm, no foul. Saying the weapon sucks as in garbage, that is what I am primarily stabbing at.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)FunyFlyBoy said:

That's a PC phenomenon. In the two years of playing this game I have rarely seen 4x CP, hell, rarely seen two or three happen, in PUGs. It's whatever they feel like; most of the tome that being Energy Siphon. I was pleasantly surprised, and practically had a hard-on when I wound up in a PUG full CP for a Grineer Sortie run. Even my party members were all surprised we all ran CP and commented it was a rare sight to see in a sortie. Same applied to Void even in T4 defense/survival.

Disliking a type of weapon and outright saying the weapon is crap is two different things. It sucks for you because it's a spray weapon, cool. No harm, no foul. Saying the weapon sucks as in garbage, that is what I am primarily stabbing at.

I know that is why I made it a point to state it's just my personal preference.

But you can find anyone claiming one weapon or frame is complete garbage for no reason.

I've had people do T4 survival runs going 2 hours with a MK-1 Branton and came out near the top of the board for damage, but most would say the gun sucks... So whatever :clem:

The basic Soma was my go to weapon for a looong time.

Soma Prime is now my baby.

Saying that, I would like to repeat something I said about the frames and also add the weapons. There are no bad frames (or weapons) only bad players.

As someone else pointed out above, i've seen people with MK-1 weapons absolutely destroy things at high level. Anybody can do anything if they learn how to use the tools well. There is an old saying "a bad workman blames his tools", same for games like Warframe. A bad player will always blame the frame/weapon.

There is very little ammo wastage if you don't spray and pray. Soma Prime, like the base Soma, starts off slow and speeds up. Use those first few shoots to get head shots and let go before switching targets. Ammo isn't wasted. Any weapon will waste ammo if you are spraying body shots and holding down while switching targets.

I see a few people say bows are useless at high level but i've seen people play like Legolas was at the controls. It's all about the person.

I'm by no means saying i'm great, i'm as average as they come at this game, but I pay attention to people better than me and I learn. Rather than say something is bad I try and improve myself. The Soma is a fantastic weapon when used well. It absolutely decimates when used perfectly. 

7 hours ago, SharkPot said:

Great I have a Nova Prime and when I get Soma Prime,I'll try to put your build in my (One of your builds) into my play style.

14 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

And decreases effective dps.

This gun relies very heavily on RoF.

Your best build will be one elemental combo, the usual crit mods, serration, HC, split chamber, with one slot left open for something else, usually shred. You could go even more into crit if you can give up the punchthrough and HC for argon scope and bladed round. Or you can go sub vile acceleration for shred for extreme dps at the cost of punchthough.

What exact choices you make will be dictated by playstyle. Some like using the gun as a precision weapon. Others prefer the bullet hose method and burst fire techniques. Keep in mind, though, that the gun has very low base damage and relies very heavily on crit damage and RoF.

he didn't ask for dps, he asked for lower fire rate

19 hours ago, (XB1)superspy96 said:

So I'm thinking about getting Soma Prime,but I've heard of the Crit Change and ammo Wasteing so,Is there a Way to DECREASE fire rate while haveing corrosive and Crit Mods still on?

PS: And I know there's gonna be that kid that says "Soma Prime succckkks"  

I wouldn't decrease the fire rate, since it has relatively low damage per bullet and you're going to need to keep its fire rate highish to be useful. In my opinion, it's best to do one of three things:

• Bring a decent secondary and switch between the Soma and that. Staying on your pistol for a couple of minutes should allow you to spend time not using all the ammo you're picking up and restoring your supply.
  • Install a Rifle Ammo Mutation mod. Using this, I never have trouble on long missions.
  • Bring along the new Carrier. It now increases your ammo capacity and works as an ammo mutation mod in Sentinel form.