The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wyrm Prime current base Health. Should it be buff to be on par with its normal counter part or Carrier Prime.

Genomega

Pretty much what title says. Wyrm Prime current health is 100, compared to its normal variant Wyrm which has 200 health. Now while Wyrm Prime has the highest shields of all sentinels, its still goes Squish because of its low health despite it having a base of 150 armor like Carrier Prime. However Carrier Prime benefits more from this because 400 health, 4x as much as Wyrm Prime. Should it be buff or stay as is.

Vote here http://www.strawpoll.me/11424789

Edited by --rrGenomega--

Just now, Alcatraz said:

Ok while I agree Wyrm Prime should have the same health cap as Wyrm, I do not see the point of a strawpoll and honestly I will always steer away from them.

I mostly do strawpolls for those who don't want to reply to a topic but still want to give there an opinion on it.

well, you can always have health+armor as defensive stats. the huge shields should stay. tbh, just buffing defensive stats isn't the right way to buff sentinel survivability. they should work on the mechanic of the death, the regen mod, or stuff like that 

also, when shield gating comes, I'd like to see wyrm prime get a special effect of shield gating, so it'll be more durable with shields 

My Wyrm Prime actually has fairly good survivability. Mainly because I forma'd the heck out of it and jammed on all the health/shield/armor I could. So I don't really think it should be quite on the same level, especially since it is a far more offensive sentinel (offense is the best defense for it.)

This is true and all sentinel needs tweaks and buffs to make them viable. The other what really needs is an arsenal improvements. Some of their weapon needs a buff and they need a larger pool to choose from just a number say 8 to each sentinel. Different types and roles and then they can actually kill on higher levels too. Just need more concept and balance to not make op weapons.

9 hours ago, Sziklamester said:

This is true and all sentinel needs tweaks and buffs to make them viable. The other what really needs is an arsenal improvements. Some of their weapon needs a buff and they need a larger pool to choose from just a number say 8 to each sentinel. Different types and roles and then they can actually kill on higher levels too. Just need more concept and balance to not make op weapons.

I completely agree with you on this.

In a run and gun game a sentinel with an aoe CC should not be dying. Put on fast shield recharge and between shots he should be at max all the time.

Now, in sortie level stuff.... well at that point the pool of equipment lowers based on the mission.

What i've suggested for a while is having a revive item much like the old warframe revives. 4 per mission and maybe have a cool down with it?

It doesnt need to be like the restores that are never ending.

Agree with OP, as I've been using Wyrm Prime more and more lately.

I'd actually like to see sentinels have better resistance (or maybe even immunity) to AoE attacks that hit the player. But that is probably asking too much.

The only time my sentinel dies is from AoE, or from when I go down and it's floating there helpless.

14 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

In a run and gun game a sentinel with an aoe CC should not be dying. Put on fast shield recharge and between shots he should be at max all the time.

Now, in sortie level stuff.... well at that point the pool of equipment lowers based on the mission.

What i've suggested for a while is having a revive item much like the old warframe revives. 4 per mission and maybe have a cool down with it?

It doesnt need to be like the restores that are never ending.

Very interesting, care to elaborate more on this?

How would you make this game-mechanic work?

What kind of cool down times are we talking about here, 1 minute, 10 minutes, ...?

Shall they get their full HP when we revive them?

:)

13 hours ago, Dizzle22 said:

Agree with OP, as I've been using Wyrm Prime more and more lately.

I'd actually like to see sentinels have better resistance (or maybe even immunity) to AoE attacks that hit the player. But that is probably asking too much.

The only time my sentinel dies is from AoE, or from when I go down and it's floating there helpless.

Immunity from AoE Attacks would be perfect, since there's no way to mod against those attacks on Sortie Missions.

It would also be a nice thing if they would lower the "Threat Level" of your sentinel, since it's not really the main threat against them. That would make enemies not targeting your Sentinel as often too.

Perhaps they could make only snipers target your carrier 25% of the time. That would still make it a bit challenging to keep your sentinel alive on 3rd sortie with Nullifier Survival Madness XD

Wyrm P could see a tweak to it's Health and Armor, but for Sentinel Survivability overall, I still feel that three things should be considered:

1. Convert the function of Regen into a Medi-Ray type that works on the Sentinel.
    Spoiler

RegenModU145.pngMedi-RayMod.png

The Sentinel can heal the player, so allow it to heal itself. Balance wise, adjust the percent of health that is regained over a period of time as necessary the regain rate and duration can be adjusted in various ways, for example 10% Health over 7s. And as a Precept, it will work based on the order it is set to, and have a cooldown between uses, such as 20 seconds between uses for example.

2. Create a new Gear item that allows a player to 'Reassemble' their Sentinel if destroyed during a Mission. And so if necessary to balance out the new Regen and ability to bring back your Sentinel, rare Resources for this Reassemble gear item can be used, such as a mix of Morphics, Control Modules, Gallium, Orokin Cells (and maybe Neural Sensors and/or Neurodes) at whatever fair credit cost. I'd prefer it to have a mix of resources, but I can see how something like that would be done. Also the blueprint can be 1x like a Cosmic Specter and can have a longer cooking time like Specters as necessary. There can even be a use time, like how Air Support Charges are setup if the idea is too OP. The point I am trying to make is that there are number of ways to combine how the new gear item would fit into Warframe.

3. Sentinels once they die in a mission are dead. So Reassemble must be used for that mission to regain the use of the Sentinel.

I would imagine that such a setup would provide a better way to handle what happens when Sentinels get destroyed, such as a visit by Stalker, AoE burst at the wrong time or some other random instance.

Too often I've watched my Sentinel waste Regen because Stalker's Prism drained it quickly, or when facing Sentients. Other times when an AoE burst from an Arson, or simply die randomly like in Derelict.

Being able to choose when to bring back the Sentinel would be better IMHO, because you can face off against a tough situation or encounter a fluke and then later be able to summon a reassembled copy, when the danger is over. This would also have the side benefits of having some new resource sinks and remove the incentive of seeking to die out right to revive the Sentinel.

• 1 month later...

I think they just might rework the regen mod for sentinels. Like automatic regen after 45-60 secs so it will solve sentinels permadeath problem but there will still be a point to have different survival stats (so in long missions you are more likely to see them alive or dead)

As now for me the high health pool is still the think making me choose carrier prime over any other sentinel, even if i dont actually ever feel the need of his ammo mutation. Every other sentinel just dies too randomly in mid-high tier missions.

And ill be honest i like sentinels times more than other companions... i think they just fit the game much better. But are one of the many things that need some fixes not likely to be seen in the next year (kavats and doges need fixes too imho)

Makes me sad every time to see people discussing on things that really should have been fixed ages ago like sentinel survivability....