The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

any one else annoyed by this

(XBOX)Ahkyoz

Is any one else annoyed when twitch streamers talk about a game you like like with warframe one of them went to a warframe event and he started playing warframe the same month

got like 100s of gifts tons of free stuff and by that point how can they speak for the warframe community as a equal......

Edited by Yaerion
Removed the Megathread Tag. This is restricted to DE staff and the Community Moderators.

Meh, there's no point in drowning in jealousy imo. ( plus, as azlen said, they generate traffic to warframe which is a good thing )

The real question is, why do they actually think that sending streamers/devs gifts will get them noticed and is in any way a worthwhile investment.

Edited by VaykorKek

Uhm, not to sound rude, but..... so? More popularity for the game we love... more fans, more support for DE. Which in turn keeps the game alive and thriving for us.

Why look at something that someone else got for free and deem it unfair? That's what is great about Warframe. It doesn't have any adverse effect on anyone else what someone gets/doesn't get.

That's just my 2 plat though,
~Az

3 minutes ago, Azlen said:

Uhm, not to sound rude, but..... so? More popularity for the game we love... more fans, more support for DE. Which in turn keeps the game alive and thriving for us.

Why look at something that someone else got for free and deem it unfair? That's what is great about Warframe. It doesn't have any adverse effect on anyone else what someone gets/doesn't get.

That's just my 2 plat though,
~Az

I see it as I worked my butt off and some one comes in and gets every thing free and acts like they love the game when they are just using it for fame

Like i put a thousand hours in and players talking about the game played it on and off for a month hows that speaking for the community

Just now, (XB1)Itz chibi said:

I see it as I worked my butt off and some one comes in and gets every thing free and acts like they love the game when they are just using it for fame

Like i put a thousand hours in and players talking about the game played it on and off for a month hows that speaking for the community

yeah, I doubt that they're pretending to like a game for fame.

Everyone knows that the quickest way to get fame is to bash a game - audiences are drawn to the negative, not the positive.

It's not honestly. But that's okay. Warframe is what you make of it yourself. Some people find value in getting things quickly. I personally would not take any gift from a player like that, as to me it ruins the experience. Does farming 7k oxium for Vauban suck? Hell yeah it does, but when I EARN him, i'll actually be proud to have him. If streamers have a good time with free stuff given to them, more power to them. The more they enjoy the game, the more others will too. And that, in the end, is the entire point of the game :)

Just now, bowiespoon said:

yeah, I doubt that they're pretending to like a game for fame.

Everyone knows that the quickest way to get fame is to bash a game - audiences are drawn to the negative, not the positive.

could be right I just prefer hearing from long standing players hearing there story's maybe i am the only one annoyed by it ^^ 

Just now, Azlen said:

It's not honestly. But that's okay. Warframe is what you make of it yourself. Some people find value in getting things quickly. I personally would not take any gift from a player like that, as to me it ruins the experience. Does farming 7k oxium for Vauban suck? Hell yeah it does, but when I EARN him, i'll actually be proud to have him. If streamers have a good time with free stuff given to them, more power to them. The more they enjoy the game, the more others will too. And that, in the end, is the entire point of the game :)

HA-HA yea i know what your saying back when i started i wanted to master things now i like to spend time with the weapon learn them some times you find a gem weapons I just hate they get perks over the hard working players

you ask one of the long time players wanna talk and meet with the de they would go omg yes! Its like i can sound salty about warframe but I do love it and i am because i want it to stay a game I love .....

1 minute ago, (XB1)Itz chibi said:

could be right I just prefer hearing from long standing players hearing there story's maybe i am the only one annoyed by it ^^ 

Definitely, and that's more than reasonable. Fresh streamers that 'hop on the bandwagon' so to speak, I won't really give much weight to their thoughts/opinions/judgements until they've had more time wading around our pool that we've been in for years (for the most of us!). But popularity for a game you love is never a bad thing. So regardless of what type player these streamers turn out to be, I welcome them to the game, as well as their followers, with open arms. Knowing that they are helping make the game we love, better! :D

23 minutes ago, (XB1)Itz chibi said:

Is any one else annoyed when twitch streamers talk about a game you like like with warframe one of them went to a warframe event and he started playing warframe the same month

got like 100s of gifts tons of free stuff and by that point how can they speak for the warframe community as a equal......

There is a series on youtube that suppose to be a reboot of warframe, going totally free. Then the guy accepts all the gifts he gets from players. The intention of those gifts are good and all, but kinda ruins the series premise. Oh well.

21 minutes ago, (XB1)Itz chibi said:

They're clearly already famous beforehand. You're making no sense.

Envy is bad m'kay.

At the end of the day, even if they get all freebies, said streamer will need to still work for lvl &/or forma said weapons/frames to unlock its full potential.

Hek, unless they have fans willing to part prime parts (especially vaulted ones) for free they'll be missing out on those. Same goes with Arcanes from Raids.

Also, unless they plan to get Taxis from other players they'll need to unlock the map ever so slowly.

In other words, I see this gifting as a nice gesture for trying out the game; whether is for fun or review it brings some motivation towards said streamer. However, they'll have plenty other stuff they will need to grind to earn stuff.

PS: I can understand the other side of view in terms being "overwhelmed by gifts" to say the least; not gonna lie does make me a bit jelly they get skip grind but it does bring potential new players so there is that.

Edited by Fionntan
Forgot last sentence

Ill be really open with the reason When this happens like a new twitch streamer starts playing and they go to tenno con, me a old player is like I wish i had a say are a way to be like this would be cool talk with the de on ideas not a person who doesn't know the game

I guess yea you could call that envy but its envy for the ability to speak with the de and know your heard by them

I have no feelings about this. More streamer can introduce more player to the playerbase which overall good for us on other hand bad if got players with toxic levels.

I don't really care a person is veteran or newbie in a game because we all are choose the same game for fun. No matter how much the knowledge there because always have new ones and those whom not learn constantly in time will leave.