Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A new color scheme for Grineer ciphers?

Endorphinz

Just look at this atrocity. I know you want their computer colors to be yellow, but really, a yellow mini-game over a glowing yellow screen? This really throws me off when I'm trying to follow the game's motion. I would very much appreciate it if they either changed the color, made the cipher minigame opaque, or changed the computer screens in the background to be less disruptive.

Spoiler

mIPWdt2.jpg

ABr8hmY.jpg

Headache-inducing

Yeah I agree, this is something that has been bothering me for a while.

If they want to keep the colours and transparency effects then they could just work with the HUD by making everything on the player camera screen fade to a darker shade (transparent black material) except for the cipher. Sometimes other aspects can be distracting too when you're trying to focus on solving the cipher like players and enemies walking around next to it or some visual effect.

I find I use the sound a lot on the Grineer ciphers. Especially when it's hard to see because of the yellow screen. I time it to the ticks when there's only two or three left.

They should make the background of the cipher darker, so it doesn't blend so much.

23 minutes ago, LifeNine said:

I find I use the sound a lot on the Grineer ciphers. Especially when it's hard to see because of the yellow screen. I time it to the ticks when there's only two or three left.

They should make the background of the cipher darker, so it doesn't blend so much.

Imo they should change it so that it's a 'static' UI element like the Minimap, Health and Ammo counters are but the pause menu isn't which pops up and seems to be an actual part of the world-- a dynamic UI element, if you will (I don't know exactly what technical term to use or what they're even called but I these seem like the best choice).

Just like in the Dead Space series. The inventory screen pops up as an actual thing that turns around and moves as Isaac does.

Edited by Keybopsef

1 hour ago, Endorphinz said:

Just look at this atrocity. I know you want their computer colors to be yellow, but really, a yellow mini-game over a glowing yellow screen? This really throws me off when I'm trying to follow the game's motion. I would very much appreciate it if they either changed the color, made the cipher minigame opaque, or changed the computer screens in the background to be less disruptive

+1

I'm having the same exact same problem as you.

And since most of the Spy' hacking is RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE YELLOW MONITOR, meaning this problem will occur everything.

14 hours ago, Kavat_Keeper_666 said:

that looks like a spy mission but i NEVER came across this?

Yeah, grineer Spy mission. Not all of the vault hacking console are like this, and the regular security hacking consoles are much less disruptive. But the main vault terminals are the highest-stress ones, since they determine whether you succeed or fail D;