Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Remove Psychic Bolts > Telekinesis

Scherhardt

6 hours ago, Magnetic_Personality said:

did you even read what i said? i said cheap. physic bolts costs more energy. and cannot reapply to enemies who already have it. 

It costs 6 more energy, it always hits everything in a huge radius instead of a chance to proc on some enemies that you can't really target directly in the first place, and can be re-cast on a rolling basis to re-apply its effect to new enemies (the augment also makes this air-tight if you really need an idiot-proof solution.)  

This isn't remotely a competition; the Radiation proc chance on PB is a tacked-on feature (that nerfs its damage by making Slash procs less likely) implemented hastily to appease popular forum demand.  Nyx would hardly feel its loss and that loss would be more than warranted if PB were changed to legitimately fulfill its role as Nyx's direct-damage/spike power.

On 10/25/2016 at 0:15 PM, (XB1)FCastle74 said:

She would be a huge troll frame if she could pick squad mates up..

As much as I would want this to get back at all the Valkyr's and Loki's randomly moving me around (sometimes by accident), yeah...we probably don't need that. Might be "better" if it was limited to downed allies.

That said, while PB certainly isn't my favorite ability, it's sometimes useful. It tracks through walls and I'm pretty sure it has more range than my sentinel's radar, so I find it a convenient way to track down the closest enemies while I'm reloading (which it conveniently does not interrupt).

On 10/25/2016 at 0:09 AM, (PS4)puritan643 said:

I wouldn't mind telekinesis being a complete utility skill. (+reduce energy cost to 15)

-loot lockers from any distance 

-disarm enemies at any distance

-deflect close projectiles 

-disable traps and robotics

-hack computer terminals from a distance

-mobile defense activats from a distance

-Able to activate/control deathballs

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

I disagree. Psychic Bolts need a rework but the skill is also the perfect reload skill with both disarm/radiation and situational awareness buff (ticking enemy damage, behind walls). A telekinesis skill is too complicated and definitely will not allow that to happen.

They just need to move PB to the 1st skill slot (or just make it super cheap to cast), actually mark targets and do finisher damage or increase incoming damage to affected targets (scaling).

Sorry to disagree, but psyquic bolts only needs some adjustments, like less energy per consumption and replace the effect of radiation by chance... with something more useful...like a debuff or a buff to damage taken...

Good side of the ability..

Nice augment, it stuns around 3-6 enemies

Can be done while moving, that is good for Nyx since she has paper made armor

Don't forget it locks enemies, that ensures it will hit 99% of the chances and 100% at least one enemy

Again its a potentially good ability if properly modified by DE, seriously at least change that radiation effect I don't care if they remove the damage..

I like this idea, as long as it remains a one-handed action (otherwise it's just be a weaker version of Pull). Tap 2 to levitate (like Trin's L1) and tap 2 again to throw where your crosshairs are pointing at. There aren't a lot (or any, I think?) objects in-game with interactable physics so I guess this ability would only work on enemies. It'd probably be great for throwing high-priority enemies down a hole or off a cliff. 

Edited by Yonm