Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Remove Psychic Bolts > Telekinesis

Scherhardt

That would actually be pretty awesome. Although, I think maybe a cone effect would be better than just a single target.  Maybe give it some synergy with her other powers too. Like the enemy(s) ensnared by it will draw aggro of enemies that are affected by Chaos. Or throwing a Mind Controlled enemy produces a massive shockwave that ragdolls anyone in the area. But either way, I like idea of her having telekinetic powers. It's sounds like I'd be way more fun than the current Psychic Bolts. 

On 22.10.2016 at 0:55 AM, RealPandemonium said:

PB's direct damage/burst potential needs to be fixed.  That's all.  

I do not think that just a damage tweaks would be enough, not unless Psychic Bolts would do finisher damage at least.

10% chance to proc Bleed across 6 rolls is in no way enough, or powerful, or intersting. Or even notable. And 50% chance to proc small AoE radiation is made redundant by Chaos, and makes ability`s outdated and underperforming/broken augment feel even more useless.

On 10/21/2016 at 5:01 PM, Jackviator said:

...I mean it's an interesting idea for sure, but what items in the environment would be affected by this? Loot crates, pickups?

Then again, I would totally be down for the delicious irony that would come from killing enemies by chucking health orbs at them. :clem:

Throw health orb, enemy dies from bleed proc..lol

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

Telekinesis sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

Some ideas on how it could work mechanically:

Cast on enemy/object (objects should just be stuff like explosive barrels) to levitate them for a short duration (think 8 or so seconds, similar animation like Bastille/Zenurik active).
If the duration expires the enemy/object is slammed to the ground at its current location, causing an impact shockwave with moderate AoE, dealing impact damage and knocking down all targets in the area, main target included. If recasted before the levitiation expires, the enemy/object is hurled towards where you aim, with the shockwave effect occuring on the landing location (which could be somewhere along the path too, as a wall or enemy etc could get in between).
It should be a onehanded cast, just like PsyBolts are, so you can use it quickly and unhindered.

Being able to toss your MC-target wouldn't be a bad option either, being able to get it to follow you or to toss it into the battlefield where you want it. Maybe the MC-target should be able to attack while lifted, and not be knocked down upon landing? (unless the MC-effect wears off or is cancelled during the lift of course)

Power Efficiency: Affects the cost
Power Strength: Affects the shockwave damage
Power Range: Affects the cast range and the shockwave AoE
Power Duration: Affects the max duration you can hold an enemy up in the air.

This would be useful to get specific enemies away from you, to gather them for Chaos, or get them close to you to prep them for Absorb or even to toss it to your MC target so it can deal with that unit, etc. At the very least, it fits better than PsyBolts currently do *shrugs*

On 10/23/2016 at 1:03 PM, Ivan_Rid said:

I do not think that just a damage tweaks would be enough, not unless Psychic Bolts would do finisher damage at least.

10% chance to proc Bleed across 6 rolls is in no way enough, or powerful, or intersting. Or even notable. And 50% chance to proc small AoE radiation is made redundant by Chaos, and makes ability`s outdated and underperforming/broken augment feel even more useless.

Though I find Telekinesis idea far more interesting than Psychic Bolts, radiation still has its use. Chaos and Mind Control both wear off as soon as affected enemies so much as brush the Nullifier bubble, but radiation persists through it. Blind Psychic/Pacifying Bolts spam is useful if only for keeping Nullifiers' attention off me. I'd really like either Psychic Bolts to be reworked to spread even more radiation or Telekinesis to spread radiation so Nyx has all forms of mind manipulation at her command. 

Edited by traybong111
grammar

4 hours ago, traybong111 said:

Though I find Telekinesis idea far more interesting than Psychic Bolts, radiation still has its use. Chaos and Mind Control both wear off as soon as affected enemies so much as brush the Nullifier bubble, but radiation persists through it. Blind Psychic/Pacifying Bolts spam is useful if only for keeping Nullifiers' attention off me. I'd really like either Psychic Bolts to be reworked to spread even more radiation or Telekinesis to spread radiation so Nyx has all forms of mind manipulation at her command. 

Cast chaos and use telekinesis to throw enemies together or into each other mwahahaha

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

On 10/21/2016 at 10:55 PM, Scherhardt said:

Tap pick up objects > tap to throw

Can also be cast on your bleeding out tenno so you can bring 'em near you.

On 10/21/2016 at 11:03 PM, SeaUrchins said:

Hell yea, I'd pick squad mates and throw them at enemies!

That would be wonderful.   Then I would have a reason to use it on teammates that enjoy standing within my FOV and block my screen just to cheap-steal my kills for thrills.