Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

when is fleeting expertise going to be adjusted

(PSN)DesecratedFlame

I remember in your other thread, someone queried why you make such flamebaiting threads. Why continue to do so?

I mean... it would have literally taken you 10 seconds extra to add your first response here to the OP so that people actually know what the hell you're on about.

In fact, you'll have to add your third response as well, because you're being deliberately vague and not saying why you think it needs changing.

21 minutes ago, Insizer said:

comment

heh heh, rekt.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

It does need adjusted since the changes to toggle skills. It should be +60 and -30 respectively.

We don't need more powercreep.

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

In fact, you'll have to add your third response as well, because you're being deliberately vague and not saying why you think it needs changing.

I agree, it's kind of hard to respond to an argument when no argument is even provided.

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

I remember in your other thread, someone queried why you make such flamebaiting threads. Why continue to do so?

I mean... it would have literally taken you 10 seconds extra to add your first response here to the OP so that people actually know what the hell you're on about.

If you took 30 seconds to read the thread you would have already known why.  I didn't included it in the OP because it should be obvious.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

If you took 30 seconds to read the thread you would have already known why.  I didn't included it in the OP because it should be obvious.

No argument for it needing to be changed has been posted at any point in this thread. So no, reading the thread won't help. And we don't need more powercreep, we can already get by just fine with it as it is.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

A) I clearly did read the thread, hence the bit about adding in your post. GG.

B) No, it's so far from obvious that it's genuinely sad that you think otherwise.

Perhaps it is obvious to you, the person who's idea it is, the person who typed up the 'thread'. But to everyone else, people who have no context and no idea what goes on inside your head, it's not obvious.

You question when it's getting adjusted. Which bit needs adjusting? Cost/stats/obtainability/wording/picture. Who knows. And the fact you're questioning when it's getting adjusted, does this mean DE have said it will and you're looking for confirmation on a time frame?

Oh, and why?

These questions are things you should answer in your opening post, rather than assuming everyone will guess what you're thinking.

No, I'm not genuinely asking those questions 

Edited by DeMonkey

Just now, DeMonkey said:

A) I clearly did read the thread, hence the bit about adding in your post. GG.

Yes, that makes one of you.

It should be obvious with a little bit of thought. People have been asking about it since incomprehensible the change to the way toggle skills work (i.e. requiring efficiency and duration).

1 minute ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Yes, that makes one of you.

It should be obvious with a little bit of thought. People have been asking about it since incomprehensible the change to the way toggle skills work (i.e. requiring efficiency and duration).

You mean, it's incomprehensible that an ability that lasts for a length of time would be affected by duration mods? 

Also, no they haven't. I've spent more time reading these forums than I'd care to admit, and this is the first Fleeting Expertise thread I've seen in a long long time.

In fact, a simple forum search https://forums.warframe.com/search/?&q=fleeting expertise&search_in=titles shows nothing since the change. A couple of threads with people who don't quite understand the maths behind the change, but no one asking for it to change.

6 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

You mean, it's incomprehensible that an ability that lasts for a length of time would be affected by duration mods? 

Also, no they haven't. I've spent more time reading these forums than I'd care to admit, and this is the first Fleeting Expertise thread I've seen in a long long time.

In fact, a simple forum search https://forums.warframe.com/search/?&q=fleeting expertise&search_in=titles shows nothing since the change. A couple of threads with people who don't quite understand the maths behind the change, but no one asking for it to change.

Image result for ohhhh gif

Just now, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

It doesn't last a set duration. That's the entire point of the toggle.

he didn't say anything about a set duration, rather an ability that goes on for any duration, continuously (ie: something not like Shock which just shoots once per ability usage).

5 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

It doesn't last a set duration. That's the entire point of the toggle.

You might not be aware of this, but fleeting usually decreases the overall drain on toggled skills, despite decreasing duration. At least, I hope you are unaware. If you ARE aware of this, why ask for a change? What powers are unreasonably expensive and need a change to fleeting? What evidence do you have that a change is required?

Edited by Azrael

27 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Literally everything that exists has a duration by that logic, so why does it not affect literally every skill in the game?

Because literally everything does not have a duration, nor would they even conceptually? What other answer can I give? I have no idea how you came to that conclusion. 

Here's my post you quoted, with keywords in bold:

39 minutes ago, Insizer said:

he didn't say anything about a set duration, rather an ability that goes on for any duration, continuously (ie: something not like Shock which just shoots once per ability usage).

Perhaps I should have said "any duration greater than instantaneous" or something, rather than "any duration", my bad. I figured that you would understand that I was trying to say abilities whose effects are primarily driven by duration (and no, status procs do not count), abilities that are not like the "fire once per cast" ones like Shock, Freeze, Fireball, Ballistic Battery, Teleport, Psychic Bolts, Sonic Boom, Paralysis, etc. I figured you'd understand this from the example I posted with my comment.

I find it funny that you are nit-picking the language of my comment, and, presumably, not understanding a very simple assumption I made. Yet you started your entire thread assuming everyone knew exactly what you meant, down to specifics, and then criticized people who asked you for any information about your stance.

Edited by Insizer
Grammar... EDIT: ok, I'm done making grammar edits, it's late, sue me.

Given the wide swathe of information present in the original post in this topic, I am led to believe that you want Fleeting Expertise to give 1% extra efficiency and -99% power duration, yes? Or would you like it to cost 20 mod points instead? Why not both? OR, why not give +99% power efficiency and -1% power duration? A millisecond can go a long way, better balance against such a drastic change.

There is literally nothing to this thread's main focus. No argument, no point to be made, no specific idea present other than a vague "adjustment" mentioned in a title without any punctuation or capitalization. Nothing. Just vagueness.

here i can do it too

when is warframe going to be adjusted

when are the forums going to be adjusted

Edited by Jackviator
sp.