Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Request - Scarf Syandana

54 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Let me rephrase.

What I said earlier, into a single item, with the game somehow automatically detecting which size you need on ___ frame.

It's not that hard. I mean, skyrim does it, so it can't be that hard.

All you need to do is make a slightly different version for each warframe.

The only thing changed is the shape of the neck wrap part.

Just now, General_Durandal said:

Not a great example.

• With Skyrim, the devs don't have to go back and do updates on the game.
  • With Warframe, the devs need to go back and do updated on the game.

This means that in Skyrim's case everything needs to be done any way and it needs to be done all at once over the course of a set time. When that deadline is reached the devs eiether delay, or finish the game and may as well never look back

In Warfram's case DE has to constantly go back at it again and again, and again, and again, untill they decide to say ''It's done, this is the final update, thats all folks.'' or the much worse alternative of everybody stops playing their game and it dies out. All that means: they need to prioratize more carefully; have less room for error; have multiple and shorther deadlines; need to keep in touch with the community and ect.

As long as you don't announce something way too early (like The War Within), both ways can be equally as easy, more or less. However, the latter one (Warframe) gives you less time to rest and that effect plenty of things, such as: time it takes to get something done; coming up with new ideas; knowing when and how to let the audiance influence your game; understanding what should take higher priorirty (Matchmaking vs A New Skin); helping your followers and the list goes on!

PS: Also in the case of Skyrim there is modding which in Warframe is limited to Tennogen and that still need to be approved by the devs beforre going in the game.

47 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

Yes because Skyrim's slight variety of a handful of body types is absolutely comparable to the variety you see in Warframe. How hard can it be indeed.
And that's besides comparing Skyrim and Warframe in the first place because they are definitely comparable to each other. What could possibly separate them.

Believe it or not, the extra amount of work your suggested syandana would require (which is a definite complexity increase, how large depends on the details) may simply not be worth it.

1 hour ago, Vlada91 said:

5IhHNj6.jpg

In fact, it wasn't worth it, as the Teplo has already proven.

1 hour ago, ryu-hayabusa1 said:

Well, your best bet is to wait for Excal Umbra. i think his scarf is a good example of what you want.

Yup. Things like deluxe skins, auxiliaries (if they ever become available for Tennogen), Prime and Umbra variants. Not syandanas.

Edited by Artarrwen

4 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

That looks kind of cool on Rhino if you ask me. No really I like it.

I actually lowered it into his neck folds to get it to fit nicely when I was working on that scarf, but Atlas made me throw away some cool stuff.

Literally it's just Atlas, maybe Ivara too but Atlas's helmets just hate scarves. 

Maybe someday in the future, DE will allow accessories for specific frames, and you can make a scarf for Excal or whoever where you won't have to worry about it clipping into other frames.

But for now, DE has said no, so please stop bringing up this stupid question. You're not the first to ask, and someone has even tried making a scarf and it didn't get accepted either.

4 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Not a great example.

• With Skyrim, the devs don't have to go back and do updates on the game.
  • With Warframe, the devs need to go back and do updated on the game.

This means that in Skyrim's case everything needs to be done any way and it needs to be done all at once over the course of a set time. When that deadline is reached the devs eiether delay, or finish the game and may as well never look back

In Warfram's case DE has to constantly go back at it again and again, and again, and again, untill they decide to say ''It's done, this is the final update, thats all folks.'' or the much worse alternative of everybody stops playing their game and it dies out. All that means: they need to prioratize more carefully; have less room for error; have multiple and shorther deadlines; need to keep in touch with the community and ect.

As long as you don't announce something way too early (like The War Within), both ways can be equally as easy, more or less. However, the latter one (Warframe) gives you less time to rest and that effect plenty of things, such as: time it takes to get something done; coming up with new ideas; knowing when and how to let the audiance influence your game; understanding what should take higher priorirty (Matchmaking vs A New Skin); helping your followers and the list goes on!

PS: Also in the case of Skyrim there is modding which in Warframe is limited to Tennogen and that still need to be approved by the devs beforre going in the game.

They already do that for EVERY new warframe (and so old left), with EVERY piece of armor, and syandana anyway.

Many accessories still don't fit right on many warframes, leaving wonky looking attachments and even some clipping.

There WAS a scarf that went around the neck. It was a tennogen item, and it made it into the game. Only before it was accepted the author removed the part that went around the front of your neck because of massive clipping issues. I believe it is called teplo, and it looks really good, it just doesn't go all around your neck anymore. And of course there are several other scarf syandanas that also don't go around the neck.

1 hour ago, General_Durandal said:

They already do that for EVERY new warframe (and so old left), with EVERY piece of armor, and syandana anyway.

Many accessories still don't fit right on many warframes, leaving wonky looking attachments and even some clipping.

May i ask what is the point of this debate? If you are trying to prove a point that it can be done, yes it can but it's impractical, needlessly time consuming and won't worth the effort. And mind that in then end you're relying on someone else to do what you want and if those people have already expressed that they don't want to do it, then why insisting? If someone put time and effort to make the syandana you want and in the end it was rejected, all of their time and effort will be wasted while you barely lose anything because in the end you did nothing.

1 hour ago, Rekkou said:

May i ask what is the point of this debate? If you are trying to prove a point that it can be done, yes it can but it's impractical, needlessly time consuming and won't worth the effort. And mind that in then end you're relying on someone else to do what you want and if those people have already expressed that they don't want to do it, then why insisting? If someone put time and effort to make the syandana you want and in the end it was rejected, all of their time and effort will be wasted while you barely lose anything because in the end you did nothing.

If scarves are impractical and needless, then so are capes, and armor pieces.

Don't want clipping? Goodluck, because almost everything clips.

Weapons clip, armor pieces clip, some syandanas clip, some warframes clip on themselves.

If a small amount of extra clipping and extra work is enough to cause giant meaningless argument,

then they might as well stop working on this buggy game full of clipping.

9 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

If scarves are impractical and needless, then so are capes, and armor pieces.

Don't want clipping? Goodluck, because almost everything clips.

Weapons clip, armor pieces clip, some syandanas clip, some warframes clip on themselves.

If a small amount of extra clipping and extra work is enough to cause giant meaningless argument,

then they might as well stop working on this buggy game full of clipping.

Again what's the point of your argument? because you're relying on someone else to make it happen and none have taken interest. No matter what you said neither DE or other tennogen creators have taken interest in pursuing what you want. So anything you said is just pointless. If you want it that badly and if it's as easy as you think it is then make one yourself. 

1 hour ago, Rekkou said:

Again what's the point of your argument? because you're relying on someone else to make it happen and none have taken interest. No matter what you said neither DE or other tennogen creators have taken interest in pursuing what you want. So anything you said is just pointless. If you want it that badly and if it's as easy as you think it is then make one yourself. 

It wasn't an argument until you came along.

You must think that any random person would just pick it up. (only someone that also wants a scarf and knows how to use the tool would)

Umbra Excalibur has a scarf, so DE did make one. (even if it can't be unattached, i'd be fine with that)

And there have been three scarves made already, but DE wouldn't accept them, so the creators turned them into normal syandanas.

And someone already has responded to this post about wanting to make one.

In skyrim all you need to do is take the already made armor, copy the mesh, and stretch it out a small bit to fit it onto the other race's body.

But most things that really need that are the helmets though.

When dealing with the scarf they just have to make the neck area stretched and rotate it upward and inward differently for each warframe.

(they already do the later, the only real extra work is to make the different versions of the same mesh and to fit each right on each warframe)

(which is something thay already have trouble with, with the armor pieces, and some of the syandanas)

so i can understand why you'd think the small amount of extra work would be apocalyptic, because each one stacks,

so even if it would only take half an hour for each, that is over 10 hours of work because there are about 30 warframes now.

The reason DE hasn't made scarves yet is because of clipping.

But there is already a ton of clipping in the game, so I wouldn't really care for a little more if I get to have a scarf.

Before scarves are awesome.

Edited by General_Durandal

On Monday, October 24, 2016 at 2:29 AM, Extroah said:

I want to do something like this without clipping but just havent gotten around to it, not really a lot of time due to my job. x_x I think it is possible to do it, you just have to face that it wont tightly wrap around the neck but there should be some possibilities.

You could use the Yomo Syandana for a start ,move it up around the neck and add the details as you go