Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutalist Osprey Carrier can attack when stunned, blinded and sleeping

aerosoul1337

After Specter of the rail, Mutalist Osprey Carrier's fire rate has been greatly increased, it deals very high DPS.

But why can this enemy attack when stunned, blinded and sleeping?

They can destroy that poor level 1 excavator so fast, and there is no way to stop them?
They ignore almost all CC that disables targets, forcing us to use Frost in infested excavation missions. =(

Edited by aerosoul1337

I have tested it yesterday in simalcrum they shoot 1x per second, but during the mission they shoot like with a machinegun. Another thing, blinded them with mirage and i was shooting anywhere but not at them - magic happened they were tracking my position and kept shooting with their homing projectiles. CHilling globe does the " frozen look" on them but they still fly with the same speed, but they shoot 1 projectile per second as in simalcrum. Novas MP slows them down but their insane firerate continues. So in my opinion they should be taken under magnifier and fixed. Small demonstration : http://plays.tv/video/580c98a93cf0b4b54d/mutalist-osprey-soma-carrier

Video taken from reddit from user Emitek.

Yes, I did that test too. In the simulacrum, it shoots a single projectile every 2 seconds, like the pre-buffed version.
It only shoots like a soma in excavation missions, but... it only spawn in excavation missions. x.X

If you want to buff it, okay.
But being able to deal high dps while blinded and sleeping is NOT ok.

Edited by aerosoul1337

59 minutes ago, aerosoul1337 said:

After Specter of the rail, Mutalist Osprey Carrier fire rate has been greatly increased, it deals very high DPS.

But why can this enemy attack while stunned, blinded and sleeping?

They can destroy that poor level 1 excavator so fast, and there is no way to stop them?
They ignore almost all CC that disables targets, forcing us to use Frost in infested excavation missions. =(

+1.

Along with this and the reduced amount of endo, I don't play excavation missions that much anymore. When I do I have to use frost, it gets boring using frost after a while, so I will use nova. Other than these two frame, most other frames are don't do too good of a job at stopping these fighter jet like enemies. Because of this, the lack of CC powers that will stop the Ospreys, Hierachon gets boring quick for me. 

"Excavation are too rewarding"

So DE stealth-buffed them several time after U18, now literally every infested could shoot at you at distance. (yes, charger could spit at you)

AFAIK NO ONE ON THE FORUMS TALKING ABOUT THAT.

Wow, so much fun at grinding after countless resource sink.

Edited by VCaptiion

Pretty sure this problem started when DE added the projectile attack to infested that couldnt reach you to melee.

The Osprey Carriers, having no melee attack or closed range attack like the gas cloud, loop this 'response', so they will spam the projectile attack, since they cant 'reach' you.

17 minutes ago, Yami666 said:

I have tested it yesterday in simalcrum they shoot 1x per second, but during the mission they shoot like with a machinegun.

Another thing, blinded them with mirage and i was shooting anywhere but not at them - magic happened they were tracking my position and kept shooting with their homing projectiles.

CHilling globe does the " frozen look" on them but they still fly with the same speed, but they shoot 1 projectile per second as in simalcrum.
Novas MP slows them down but their insane firerate continues.

So in my opinion they should be taken under magnifier and fixed.

very nice information! definitely sounds broken.

4 hours ago, MobyTheDuck said:

Pretty sure this problem started when DE added the projectile attack to infested that couldnt reach you to melee.

The Osprey Carriers, having no melee attack or closed range attack like the gas cloud, loop this 'response', so they will spam the projectile attack, since they cant 'reach' you.

Actually, Mutalist Osprey Carrier ignores stun, blind and sleep before DE added the projectile attack to infested that couldnt reach you to melee.

Because right after specter of the rail update, I tried all CC abilities, and only 2 things work to disable them:

1.Frozen Solid by Frost.
2.Vauban's Bastille. (This works but it takes a while to catch them, they can charge through Bastille and shoot for a while and then they will be caught.)

Nothing else works.

2 hours ago, aerosoul1337 said:

Actually, Mutalist Osprey Carrier ignores stun, blind and sleep before DE added the projectile attack to infested that couldnt reach you to melee.

Because right after specter of the rail update, I tried all CC abilities, and only 2 things work to disable them:

1.Frozen Solid by Frost.
2.Vauban's Bastille. (This works but it takes a while to catch them, they can charge through Bastille and shoot for a while and then they will be caught.)

Nothing else works.

2. Vauban's Bastille but not Bastille's augment. If the Augmented Bastille is full, Osprey will go through without being bumped. That's why I have to play my Vauban with a Trinity to put 50 Bastille on the Excavator each time.

I'm nearly sure they don't care about Vortexes as well

Edited by Chewarette

10 hours ago, aerosoul1337 said:

After Specter of the rail, Mutalist Osprey Carrier's fire rate has been greatly increased, it deals very high DPS.

But why can this enemy attack while stunned, blinded and sleeping?

This is a general problem with all flying units not just m osprey.Even flying units in archwing have same behavior.Best example is Itzal's augment where visible  frozen units still move and shoot at you.Use Frost Avalanche on any Corpus flying unit and you will see same thing happening.

Also I would like to add that powers used on them seem to have lower duration.

And they are doing this for long as I can remember even before specters update.

Edited by RistN

9 hours ago, RistN said:

This is a general problem with all flying units not just m osprey.Even flying units in archwing have same behavior.Best example is Itzal's augment where visible  frozen units still move and shoot at you.Use Frost Avalanche on any Corpus flying unit and you will see same thing happening.

This is not correct, simply try blind or sleep ability, all flying units will be disabled, except Mutalist Osprey Carrier.

10 hours ago, Chewarette said:

2. Vauban's Bastille but not Bastille's augment. If the Augmented Bastille is full, Osprey will go through without being bumped. That's why I have to play my Vauban with a Trinity to put 50 Bastille on the Excavator each time.

I'm nearly sure they don't care about Vortexes as well

Vortex doesn't work, just like I said, only 2 things work.
1.Frozen Solid by Frost.

Nothing else works, but literally only Bastille works because even avalanche's duration will be reduced by 75% from each disruptor nearby after recent update.
And Bastille is sustained in place, targets will be re-caught even disruptor aura let them break out faster.

10 hours ago, RistN said:

I can confirm this. Back in U9 almost three years ago Corpus Attack Drones in the void ignored pretty much all CC. At some points, around U14 I think, it was fixed, but alas - it was broken again sometimes after fissure introducation.

11 hours ago, aerosoul1337 said:

This is not correct, simply try blind or sleep ability, all flying units will be disabled, except Mutalist Osprey Carrier.

I will belive that you tested this more than me but you have to acknowledge that all flying units are a bit broken and behave strange under effect of powers,cc in particular.

1 hour ago, RistN said:

I will belive that you tested this more than me but you have to acknowledge that all flying units are a bit broken and behave strange under effect of powers,cc in particular.

Yep, some flying units are immune to most status effects, or having reduced duration from CC.
But Mutalist Osprey Carrier just ignores everything. =(

Edited by aerosoul1337

I've made a thread about them previously (it was ignored).

I believe, the only thing DE did to them in Specters Of The Rail was dramatically increasing their damage per shot. They had their inner-Supra thingie prior to the update, but it had a relatively low damage output.

Edited by Epsik-kun

3 minutes ago, Epsik-kun said:

I've made a thread about them previously (it was ignored).

I don't know why must DE keep ignoring something obvious wrong, this is disappointing.
Such as Disruptors' auras that still stack currently.
The energy drain stacks, the ability resistance stacks.
Most CC durations become 0 (such as Nyx's Chaos) if there are 2~3 disruptors nearby.