Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash build assistance

Zhoyzu

Question

So, im not really a fan of Ash's kit but i love the concept of the frame.  So instead of just leaving him on the shelf forever ive decided that im gonna try to do something with him.

Now what id like to do is convert him into the ninja assassin he is by going melee only. I normally fight a lot of infested so i kind of feel that going for a lot of health will be the most beneficial route. But then arrives an issue, Steel charge or Rejuv? Now i can convince myself for either one so id like some input on this.

I was also thinking of going mostly utility modding and max duration for smoke screen. and neglecting the other skills entirely. But maybe theres a better way to hybridize Ash?

Currently, build would be max health duration armor and any thing that will aide melee centirc play such as reflection.

Opinions, adivce?  Much appreciated and thanks in advance!

9 answers to this question

If you want to focus on Melee & staying invisible for long periods of time,
any Frame can do that with Naramon Focus' Shadow Step and a crit Melee :P

That said, Narrow Minded + Primed Continuity makes Smoke Screen's duration pretty respectable,
eith way, if you stay invisible most of the time, e.g. Medi-Ray should do just fine for (Toxin damage) healing,
leaving your Aura slot options as e.g. Steel Charge, or maybe Energy Syphon if your Focus isn't Zenurik.

Ash can also make decent use of Rage (+ Life Strike) though personally I prefer to not get hit in the first place, heh.

With (some Efficiency and) just Stretch added, his abilities are actually quite usable all around even with Narrow Minded.

Build I've been using: https://goo.gl/rXuWMH

Do note that this build forgoes all duration in favour of efficiency,strength, and durability, therefore it is meant to be used with Naramon.

I Like to go melee only as well so the build has maxed out durability where it counts, and a rage mod to be used with Life strike.

IMO 60% efficiency is enough if you are using rage

I like having fatal teleport for fast finshers, dmg boost and energy refund. (Your finisher dmg is affected by power str with this augment)

If you don't like Fatal teleport, you can replace it with Intensify for more blade storm dmg or anything else it's kinda free slot for this build 

Edited by Dragazer

8 hours ago, Zhoyzu said:

So, im not really a fan of Ash's kit but i love the concept of the frame.  So instead of just leaving him on the shelf forever ive decided that im gonna try to do something with him.

Now what id like to do is convert him into the ninja assassin he is by going melee only. I normally fight a lot of infested so i kind of feel that going for a lot of health will be the most beneficial route. But then arrives an issue, Steel charge or Rejuv? Now i can convince myself for either one so id like some input on this.

I was also thinking of going mostly utility modding and max duration for smoke screen. and neglecting the other skills entirely. But maybe theres a better way to hybridize Ash?

Currently, build would be max health duration armor and any thing that will aide melee centirc play such as reflection.

Opinions, adivce?  Much appreciated and thanks in advance!

I have been using ASH-Buster for a long period now, and this build goes for all kind of fights, normal or sortie

Main Mods: Vitality, Redirection, Prime flow, intensify, streamline, fleeting expertise, steel charge, power drift, transient fortitude, RAPID RESILIENCE, (the most important mod for me) specially against infested.

No stretch or over extended, i also i don't care about duration as i don't use my second.

Make sure you have Arcane trickery, it helps a lot

PS: use zenurik

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

I use CP as aura with Shiruken augment and Teleport augment. That means a Shiruken will strip all armour for 8 seconds and Teleport with a dagger is a one hit kill. 

I only really use Bladestorm to proc Trickery for that 30 seconds restbite (Adding Smoke Screen). I also try not to Bladestorm a mass of enemies otherwise it can waste the duration on Trickery. All in all this makes the frame really fun to play, and with the Bladestorm rework I hope others see the potential with this. 

You could even swap out Teleport augment and use the Smoke Screen augment to help the team and switch out the dagger for a crit weapon with Naramon's Shadow Step. However that isn't beneficial for Trickery. I mentioned it incase you don't have the Arcane.

Took a lot of advice, thanks all, and went to experiment with several iterations and ive come to settle on this build. I might like to try the shuriken aug but i dont know what to replace it with. Maybe reflection. Although reflection is a hoot and a half watching enemies beat themselves up.

3BT9QQ8.jpg

3 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

Took a lot of advice, thanks all, and went to experiment with several iterations and ive come to settle on this build. I might like to try the shuriken aug but i dont know what to replace it with. Maybe reflection. Although reflection is a hoot and a half watching enemies beat themselves up.

3BT9QQ8.jpg

why sure footed? you have handspring so thats basically useless