Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The last Nitain Extract alert was over 11 hours ago...

Aspari

254ff095a8c3cfada27fafe6a04f808e.png

I don't know if the alert system got bugged or Alertium was only scheduled to appear twice today but I thought that it was supposed to pop up between every 4th hour. Today was my day off. I only got one Nitain Extract and I was waiting the entire day so I can finally craft the entire Vauban Prime. Only needed 3 more. 

This is frustrating for a resource that only has roughly 2% chance to spawn on the only mission type that drops it. Finding all three caches is tedious and sometimes those are bugged too. 

15 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

They said "4 alerts per day is the minimum for nitain", and not "1 alert every 4h"

from rng side it makes 2-8h between each alert- and thus it makes 4-5 alerts per day (5 alerts on one days can happen less than once a week).

but still... 11h is too huge gap.

Edited by Kracken

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(this looks like the quota of 4 for today could have been met already. i wish these timestamps were more specific)

j2qlvpb.png

Edit:

10 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Devs will have to do something for this problem.

(like increase the Chance from Reactor Sabotage to reasonable levels? when i repeatedly insisted it would be stupid to not be able to play the game and get it ... 2% in Lv20+ Reactor Sabotage was NOT what i had in mind. more like 5%)

41 minutes ago, Aspari said:

and sometimes those are bugged too. 

(Sabotage Caches always Spawn. always. no, not 'maybe it didn't just this one time' - aaaaallllllllllwwwwwwwaaaaaaayyyyyyyyssssssss.)

Edited by taiiat

7 minutes ago, taiiat said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(this looks like the quota of 4 for today could have been met already. i wish these timestamps were more specific)

j2qlvpb.png

Edit:

(like increase the Chance from Reactor Sabotage to reasonable levels? when i repeatedly insisted it would be stupid to not be able to play the game and get it ... 2% in Lv20+ Reactor Sabotage was NOT what i had in mind. more like 5%)

(Sabotage Caches always Spawn. always. no, not 'maybe it didn't just this one time' - aaaaallllllllllwwwwwwwaaaaaaayyyyyyyyssssssss.)

I don't mean that they don't spawn. I mean that they end up spawning inside a wall. Happened to me once in the Void.

4 minutes ago, Aspari said:

I don't mean that they don't spawn. I mean that they end up spawning inside a wall. Happened to me once in the Void.

You sure it wasn't in a hidden room behind the wall? Because I found a lot of secret rooms I didn't know about while searching for caches.

Just now, Suncake said:

You sure it wasn't in a hidden room behind the wall? Because I found a lot of secret rooms I didn't know about while searching for caches.

No, I'm certain it was in a wall. Part of it was sticking out but not enough to let me open it.

1 hour ago, Suncake said:

I guess the alerts pop up during the american daytime, not sure though.

I promise you this isn't the case.  Mostly because DE are Canadians (Yes, they are real!) but also because I am a night owl (insomniac) and I see plenty of Nitain in the AM.  Also nearly every potato alert (the 1 hour ones) that I've caught have been late night/early morning.

They like to sneak the rare stuff in at very unexpected times.

1 minute ago, Xekrin said:

I promise you this isn't the case.  Mostly because DE are Canadians (Yes, they are real!) but also because I am a night owl (insomniac) and I see plenty of Nitain in the AM.  Also nearly every potato alert (the 1 hour ones) that I've caught have been late night/early morning.

They like to sneak the rare stuff in at very unexpected times.

Oh, must be fully random then, and that's why people get different impressions on the pattern.

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

5% is still ridiculous, and I have no idea if 2% is the current rate, but whenever someone from DE's staff says "you can get nitain from sabotage" i'm laughing so hard because they really believe it's actually a solution.

Who the hell would run a mission 200 times to get 5 nitain... (true story from a tenno who posted it on the forum.. I think it was ~215 runs for ~7 nitains)

6 hours ago, Aspari said:

No, I'm certain it was in a wall. Part of it was sticking out but not enough to let me open it.

that, was an unfortunate mishap with the rotation of the Caches, Spawning where they were supposed to, but turned the wrong way, which put the face of some of them inside walls.

just making sure people aren't trying to spread rumors that they sometimes don't Spawn though - because the valid locations are hand placed. no robots involved here.

1 hour ago, Trichouette said:

5% is still ridiculous, and I have no idea if 2% is the current rate, but whenever someone from DE's staff says "you can get nitain from sabotage" i'm laughing so hard because they really believe it's actually a solution.

Who the hell would run a mission 200 times to get 5 nitain... (true story from a tenno who posted it on the forum.. I think it was ~215 runs for ~7 nitains)

5% is fair in order for it to not usurp the intention of Alerts being the primary source of it. (2% is pretty silly, and it's lower in Tier I/II Reactor Sabotage!)
sure, it means you'll get very few from playing Reactor Sabotage. that's the point, so that it doesn't usurp the intended measures.