Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Teeny Tiny flaw in Second Dream

IamRageypoo

Now that there is no longer void keys to enter the void, the dialog for Second Dream is a bit...off. It says the stalker found (or fashioned) a key in order to enter, but we can come and go to void as we please now with relics replacing keys.

It was fun replaying the mission again though 

Edited by IamRageypoo

Just now, Kotokopter said:

Void Keys still exist and are used to open Void Portals (ask Vor). Relic are some thing very different

This. Lore wise, you still need a Void key to open a portal to the Void. Before relics, we just got a reward from a Void mission from.... someone. Lotus, I guess? It was never clear except for special caches in Void Sabotage missions. The relics are actual Orokin treasure in a quantum flux state.

We don't have a void key in our inventory anymore, all of them were converted for the relic system. Unless I'm missing something, you no longer need the keys, unless we are somehow super special now and everyone else isn't and requires the key. 

Tenno are actually Orokin confirmed? 

Edited by IamRageypoo

6 minutes ago, IamRageypoo said:

We don't have a void key in our inventory anymore, all of them were converted for the relic system. Unless I'm missing something, you no longer need the keys, unless we are somehow super special now and everyone else isn't and requires the key. 

the reason our "Keys" were converted is becasue of changing game mechanic. Lore wise keys still exist. Thats also the reason we are still able to make derilect keys.

I'm just saying, perhaps we should have a dedicated "Void Key" in our inventory just to keep the story line of second dream from being a bit of a head scratcher, cause as it stands right now, lore or not, we have no void keys and cannot make them for the void, only the derelict as you pointed out. 

10 minutes ago, IamRageypoo said:

You're getting things mixed up. Just because we don't have Keys as items in our inventory anymore, that doesn't mean they stopped existing entirely. Keys still exist, and even if we, the Tenno, don't need them to enter the Void, it's been made very clear that everyone else still does, as evidenced by Vor's Janus Key and it's significance to his story, and the Keys Grineer and Corpus use to enter the Void in the Void Sabotage missions.

2 minutes ago, Mcl_BlueMadness said:

You're getting things mixed up. Just because we don't have Keys as items in our inventory anymore, that doesn't mean they stopped existing entirely. Keys still exist, and even if we, the Tenno, don't need them to enter the Void, it's been made very clear that everyone else still does, as evidenced by Vor's Janus Key and it's significance to his story, and the Keys Grineer and Corpus use to enter the Void in the Void Sabotage missions.

OR, I'm not mixing it up just because they didn't fix the story element for Vor? The keys were converted for their new system, perhaps they overlooked it, or perhaps they will explain it later, who knows. I'm just saying it's leaving an interesting question mark. Perhaps we will find out later in future storyline quests, for now its still an interesting gap. 

10 minutes ago, IamRageypoo said:

OR, I'm not mixing it up just because they didn't fix the story element for Vor? The keys were converted for their new system, perhaps they overlooked it, or perhaps they will explain it later, who knows. I'm just saying it's leaving an interesting question mark. Perhaps we will find out later in future storyline quests, for now its still an interesting gap. 

As it has been stated, Keys only "became" Relics for gameplay purposes. Lore-wise, Keys still exist, and are completely different things from Relics. There's nothing to "fix" with Vor, or The Second Dream (not in this regard, at any rate). Just because Keys don't exist as items in our inventories anymore, doesn't mean they were retconned out of existence; they weren't.

1 minute ago, Praxxor said:

We have to unlock a relay to enter the Void right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that explains why the Tenno wouldn't have to use keys if I'm right, but it doesn't exclude the opposite.

If that were true then it might still be wrong, since it wasn't a relay using the star chart to unlock the void in second dream, it was a void key. That's an interesting observation though good point. 

28 minutes ago, IamRageypoo said:

If that were true then it might still be wrong, since it wasn't a relay using the star chart to unlock the void in second dream, it was a void key. That's an interesting observation though good point. 

That's why I'm saying that it doesn't exclude the use of keys anyway.

There isn't a relay unlock to the Void, it just branchs off Phobos with no explanation.  Currently I don't think there is any statement of how we get to the Void Towers but Second Dream and Void Sabotage show that Stalker, Grineer and Corpus use Void Keys to open a portal and I see no reason to think that we don't still use a key.  We just don't bother keeping track of a stock of them in our inventories any more.

Void Keys still exist in the lore, but not in gameplay or as a mechanic.

Think of it like this: You go to a door in a videogame. Obviously, you're probably using a key to open the door. People don't just leave their stuff unlocked. However, if you had to go into your inventory every single time you get to a door to open it, it can be annoying. It's not a 1:1 comparison, but it is the closest example I can think of. Bottom line, keys exist in the lore but are not functional in gameplay anymore. Just because we don't see it doesn't mean it stopped existing.

12 hours ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

Void Keys still exist in the lore, but not in gameplay or as a mechanic.

Think of it like this: You go to a door in a videogame. Obviously, you're probably using a key to open the door. People don't just leave their stuff unlocked. However, if you had to go into your inventory every single time you get to a door to open it, it can be annoying. It's not a 1:1 comparison, but it is the closest example I can think of. Bottom line, keys exist in the lore but are not functional in gameplay anymore. Just because we don't see it doesn't mean it stopped existing.

I'm just saying...it would make more sense if we all had a single "universal infinite skeleton void key" in our inventory to explain how we are getting in there after the events of the second dream, unless there is something that will be released in the future explaining how we are getting in (TWW perhaps) it's a bit of a loop hole that hasn't been filled in yet. 

Idk, something to think about. 

Edited by IamRageypoo

• 2 weeks later...