The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So.....Yet Another Polearm

GinKenshin

1 hour ago, kuri99 said:

Well I kind of have to disagree. I find the polearm class of weapons (especially with the shimmering blight stance) to be the most fun weapons in the game. They have good range, really good damage, theres a variety of them allowing you to make elemental, status, or crit focused weapons.

That said, if you believe that we could use less polearms and more weaponry that puts different classes of weapons (machate, single sword, etc) more in line with the large variety polearms present then yes Ill agree with that.

I love them too. I personally use the orthos p with the vanilla skin (since it looks better) and the lesion, but the stances are just bad. Both have 1 combo and BW has 1 more move over SB in that same combo 

It's just boring using quick melee. I can confirm that it's the new guards' weapon, but couldn't they use something else? I mean it doesn't look very grineer-ish. They could've use the jat kittag or that brokk hammer skin or something. Polearm are for 'agile' folk not fat guards >.> 

2 hours ago, Gelkor said:

I hope they keep making polearms. Eventually they'll have to make a crit polearm. That's all I want.

Didn't you know?  maiming strike makes all polearms into crit weapons!  =D

meh, I enjoy Polearms (except for the Sydon, ugh), and in terms of giving the Kuva guards a more royal theme, it's quite appropriate. historically, Royal guards of many countries carried Polearms as they could keep threats at a longer distance away from whoever they were protecting the Beefeaters at the Tower of London still carry their Polearms to this day.

Bleeding Willow over Shimmering Blight though, kinda bored with that stance.

3 hours ago, Ker-Blammo said:

I think it's fine considering it is the weapon of the guards. Wouldn't you be more disappointed if they put it in with the guards, but we didn't have access to it?

This is exactly how I feel. Plus, I love high range melees, and this looks right up my alley (and the next one, if you've got primed reach).

17 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Worry not Tenno, as it seems from the short clip that it's coming with a new stance.

didn't look like that to me. in the video it used the bleeding willow only combo, nothing new about that. unless you have another source? 

3 hours ago, Venom-Snake said:

Prepare for the salt when its an Ok weapon and not a room-wrecker

And prepare for the nerf if it's a room-wrecker and not an Ok weapon.

Here's hoping it doesn't accidentally do something cool that gets removed later. =p

As to the weapon itself, personally I am a huge fan of pole-arms. IMO DE has made them so great in Warframe I'm excited to get another! 

;-)

Cheers!
~R~

Pretty sure we didn't get a shotgun primary. It's a grenade launcher by the looks of it. Judging from the video Mogamu put up it looks like it spreads out into mini bombs once it makes contact. 

I don't mind the Polearm I just wish we get a new stance for it.

15 hours ago, Gelkor said:

I hope they keep making polearms. Eventually they'll have to make a crit polearm. That's all I want.

Agreed!

Also, I would love a polearm stance that actually makes you hold it in high position closer to one end, which allows one to take full advantage of the long range, rather than simply use it like a two-bladed sword.